Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So part three

Lady Irving called me for supper you impatient lot.

So group one is the Aussie Americans (AA)

LDT was in the conference call mentioned by JW.

LDT said he is in regular contact so this is not exceptional.

LTD said that the "complexity has been reduced". When pushed on what this meant he said "fewer decision makers".

There is no split of ownership ie of ground v club with AA, they will all have shares.

AA have not submitted all the EFL paperwork. This includes financial and non financial paperwork.

There are no "due dates" IE deadlines to complete.

AA have "submitted proof of funds sometime ago"

LDT was asked more than once and stressed that the AA have the money and that money is not the issue. He wouldn't say what is the issue.

I stress here that I'm reporting what was said not necessarily agreeing with or endorsing it.

So if money isn’t the issue then what is I wonder?
    The price
    Keep up. The price has been agreed.
    Keep up. LDT does not always tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

Thanks for the report, Ben, and to all others who we're part of the cross-examination.

Maybe we should try putting him on oath the next time?
  • J BLOCK said:

So if it’s not the price, why on earth has it taken both groups a minimum of 12 months (more for the AA) to get the damn thing done.

My assumption is it’s for different reasons, not the same
  • I reckon The AA haven't enough to purchase & run the club for 5 years and the English/Brits are waiting for them/RD to give up on them, before offering a lower price.
  • The British bid will win

So if the Aussies have no money, what’s holding up the British group?
  • edited January 2019

I reckon The AA haven't enough to purchase & run the club for 5 years and the English/Brits are waiting for them/RD to give up on them, before offering a lower price.

Yes. As I said earlier. Jim White unwittingly doing Roland’s bidding the other day tends to point that he is getting itchy.
  • Scoham said:

The British bid will win

I am convinced this includes Mike Ashley - NUFC are nowhere near being sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

The British bid will win

The asking price.
  • Sint Truiden is supposed to be lovely to visit around this time of year.

Was just thinking that too.

• So part three

Lady Irving called me for supper you impatient lot.

So group one is the Aussie Americans (AA)

LDT was in the conference call mentioned by JW.

LDT said he is in regular contact so this is not exceptional.

LTD said that the "complexity has been reduced". When pushed on what this meant he said "fewer decision makers".

There is no split of ownership ie of ground v club with AA, they will all have shares.

AA have not submitted all the EFL paperwork. This includes financial and non financial paperwork.

There are no "due dates" IE deadlines to complete.

AA have "submitted proof of funds sometime ago"

LDT was asked more than once and stressed that the AA have the money and that money is not the issue. He wouldn't say what is the issue.

I stress here that I'm reporting what was said not necessarily agreeing with or endorsing it.

So if money isn’t the issue then what is I wonder?
    The price
    Keep up. The price has been agreed.
    Sorry......been watching Sheridan Smith ; then the news.....
  • edited January 2019
    Scoham said:

The British bid will win

I have never had any info on them or If they were even British but If I am honest I’d say the chance that if they sit tight the deal would become sweeter once the Aussie bid failed

The latest news about the Americans may have been just enough for them to believe the door was shutting

This is also my reasoning for not thinking this was all doom and gloom when it looked like jim white was the latest victim
  • Mrkinski said:

Scoham said:

The British bid will win

The name hasn’t left the corridors of cafc whispers and remains so still

• I reckon The AA haven't enough to purchase & run the club for 5 years and the English/Brits are waiting for them/RD to give up on them, before offering a lower price.

Funny you say that, I read that ( EFL thing) between the lines on one comment

• edited January 2019
    If the Aa group need funding, they should team up with the brits
    #teambaa
  • Can I say many thanks @Henry Irving.......esp with dropping my name into your posts too... :smile:

Still nowhere nearer knowing what the feck is going on but I think its safe to say it won't be happening this transfer window.

Just can't fathom out why TWO completely different groups have been trying to buy us for over a year yet neither have managed to complete the deal. Beyond bizarre.

Was right about JW. Said he was being fed a line. Seems like the brits didn't buy it either.
  • edited January 2019

I don’t think anyone’s saying the Aussies have no money.

Happy to have the Brits, but would be gutted to get Mike Ashley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrkinski said:

Scoham said:

The British bid will win

I’ve thought the same for a while.
  • Mrkinski said:

Scoham said:

The British bid will win

Maybe, just not sure why he’d be so interested in owning us?
  • JamesSeed said:

I reckon The AA haven't enough to purchase & run the club for 5 years and the English/Brits are waiting for them/RD to give up on them, before offering a lower price.

But thry
    Scoham said:

The British bid will win

I don’t think anyone’s saying the Aussies havebno money.
    I am 😭
    Not like you to change your position that you’ve held since the start. Shocked here in Westcombe Park :anguished:
  • The British bid will win

Maybe but Richard Murray know them which to me means that it is likely that he would have a role in the new set up
    We both know regardless of who wins that would happen
    I really really hope not. As great as it will be to be rid of Roland that would put a massive downer on it.
  • Sorry @Henry Irving you didn't kidnap LDT and threaten to kill him unless the takeover is completed in 2 weeks as I suggested!

I'm afraid you're gonna have to be the new scapegoat😺

Sorry but he said he had to leave to go to another meeting. He implied it was something important so I held back.
    Was it Transatlantic?

I don't trust RD, but he has said the purchase price isn't the issue, it's the running costs.
    (I/we of course know if the asking price was lower, they would have more to fund the running costs).
  • I'm sure I remember someone insinuating that there were allegedly some issues around the legality of certain things when RD purchased the club, relating to the spivs. Does anyone recall this and as far as we know has that been resolved? I just can't think what would mean multiple groups of purchasers need to be so silent on everything
  • Scoham said:

Mrkinski said:

Scoham said:

The British bid will win

Maybe, just not sure why he’d be so interested in owning us?
    Cheap Sports Direct advertising.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!