Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019
  • jams said:

I'm sure I remember someone insinuating that there were allegedly some issues around the legality of certain things when RD purchased the club, relating to the spivs. Does anyone recall this and as far as we know has that been resolved? I just can't think what would mean multiple groups of purchasers need to be so silent on everything

Yes I remember it, but no one ever knew what it was about, as far as I know.
  • Dunno about Mexican standoffs but I wish we had a Belgian bunoff
  • New info, I'm hearing that some Mexicans are in the mix
  • I think running costs is a euphemism here as we all know one of the main costs of the club related to the panic level contracts handed out as the club was run by shite managers and Katrien.

Unfortunately we can’t afford championship wages if we are in League 1, but we also can’t afford to let all our players who are championship standard leave at the end of the year.

• edited January 2019
    Wouldn't be surprised if mention of Mexicans and Asley will be picked up from here and stated as fact somewhere on News Now or social media tomorrow :open_mouth:
  • RedChaser said:

Wouldn't be surprised if mention of Mexicans and Asley will be picked up from here and stated as fact somewhere on News Now tomorrow :open_mouth:

Better watch out for Trump's overnight tweets...
  • edited January 2019

New info, I'm hearing that some Mexicans are in the mix

Could it be the Enchilada Consortium?
  • jams said:

I'm sure I remember someone insinuating that there were allegedly some issues around the legality of certain things when RD purchased the club, relating to the spivs. Does anyone recall this and as far as we know has that been resolved? I just can't think what would mean multiple groups of purchasers need to be so silent on everything

Somewhere in the back of my mind wasn't there mention on CL of the spivs share holdings in the club being held via an offshore company (Virgin Islands) ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah I heard that now they no longer have to pay for the wall, maybe, that the Mexican givernment is looking to invest aignificant capital with new trading partners and so after the end of March, we will be their new besties.

Only in for Charlton come August though I heard from a reliable source (I think the betting ads call it trusting your hunch)
  • RedChaser said:

jams said:

Somewhere in the back of my mind wasn't there mention on CL of the spivs share holdings in the club being held via an offshore company (Virgin Islands) ?
    Yes the BVI, but that in itself is not legally dodgy.
  • Maybe the reason for taking so long is the lining up of all the sales of the other clubs in the network. The experiment #2
  • Bloody hell, Mike Ashley........
  • edited January 2019
    Off_it said:

jams said:

Yep, I've been thinking this for about a year or so now.

I've worked on enough deals professionally to know that if you've got two interested parties who have both got the money and both agreed a price (which is what we''be been told) then the deal will generally get done, UNLESS there's a steaming pile of something potentially toxic sitting somewhere.

If there is potentially such a smell then the first question that gets asked is "what's the statute of limitations on this?", Ie. if things all go tits up then what's the risk to us?

If that's the case then you might still go ahead with the deal if the vendor (Roland) gives you some sort of warranty and indemnity against historic liabilities, or you might just go ahead anyway and take the risk. Or you might hang on for a bit until it's too late for the potentially smelly stuff to cause any real issue.

I'm not suggesting that Roland has done anything materially wrong on his watch from a legal perspective (ruining our club doesn't count, unfortunately), but it seems like the previous owners may have been up to the necks in all sorts, and we know Roland didn't do any due diligence of his own and effectively bought the club blind.

To me this seems the only plausible reason why either of the two different potential buyers with the money lined up haven't done the deal, yet.

But I have no insider knowledge on any of this, just an educated guess.

But if I'm right then it suits nobody to go shouting the reasons why from the rooftops.
    I have a fair idea of things that went on under the Spivs, as do a number of others. There may be more we don’t know, of course, but it’s hard to see why what is known would be a factor now.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    The main hope this month is if we don't get a new owner, no damage is done to our squad.
    We still have our major player plus a new LB and Cullen and Aribo fit by February.

Good work by Henry and co in the pursuit of truth.
  • Interesting F.F. it seems today, what I would like to pick up on is this sentence - "They want to restore the relationship with the fans, I have told them that one of the first things they need to tell the fans when they takeover is why it took so long" LDT" which was highlighted, LDT in part of that stated WHEN THEY TAKE OVER, now was that because his English is bad, or is there more to it and a slip of the tongue?
  • Mal said:

Interesting F.F. it seems today, what I would like to pick up on is this sentence - "They want to restore the relationship with the fans, I have told them that one of the first things they need to tell the fans when they takeover is why it took so long" LDT" which was highlighted, LDT in part of that stated WHEN THEY TAKE OVER, now was that because his English is bad, or is there more to it and a slip of the tongue?

Probably because the Brit bid is less likely.
    Whether it's due to them waiting for the Aussies to disappear, or they are waiting for a Brit to disentangle from another club or any other reason.
  • New info, I'm hearing that some Mexicans are in the mix

May I please introduce you to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Slim

and all that premiership football.
    I meant that I hadn’t considered him as an option rather than anything negative
  • If different deals have been done with the interested parties and with the mention of different amounts agreed in different currencies could it be the case of them waiting for Sterling to plunge after Brexit so they get more bang for their buck as it were?

and all that premiership football.
    I meant that I hadn’t considered him as an option rather than anything negative
    Your takeover thread game is weak ;)
  • Very disappointed we missed the opportunity to waterboard STD but at least we can add @Henry Irving to the scapegoat contender list.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!