Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I My guess is the aussies are a fabrication by RD and Ashley has agreed to Rd's price but can't buy until

I’ve said all along that i still think we are waiting for Ashley to sell NUFC!

That’s my guess as well - I’m increasingly leaning towards the Aussies being a fabrication by RD
    Now that’s a great theory for the conspiracy hats off to you for that one but I struggle to swallow that as much as I do with regards the 70mil to scare off a perspective buyer
    Scoham said:

I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

But neither can they be proved false. Hence we go over the same ground.

At least it should end the theory that Rick and Jim worked together to spread fake rumours to sell more copies of VOTV and get more listeners.
    No one ever said that did they ?? Genuine question not a dig if they did that’s way off mark imo
    Fits with the scare off price as well though and the muir scarf wearing and subsequent withdrawal - reckon their mates of rd in the electronics game - it’s as plausible as anything as to why this nonsense has dragged on so long - it’s ridiculous
    He didn’t withdraw.

There was a quote from him a while back in an Aussie news outlet where he said he had withdrawn.

Do you know something different?
    Anyway, GM told me he didn’t withdraw, but wants to stay in the background. Told me on 24th Oct.
    And here he is trying to find a seat at The Valley incognito.

• Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I My guess is the aussies are a fabrication by RD and Ashley has agreed to Rd's price but can't buy until

I’ve said all along that i still think we are waiting for Ashley to sell NUFC!

That’s my guess as well - I’m increasingly leaning towards the Aussies being a fabrication by RD
    Now that’s a great theory for the conspiracy hats off to you for that one but I struggle to swallow that as much as I do with regards the 70mil to scare off a perspective buyer
    Scoham said:

I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

But neither can they be proved false. Hence we go over the same ground.

At least it should end the theory that Rick and Jim worked together to spread fake rumours to sell more copies of VOTV and get more listeners.
    No one ever said that did they ?? Genuine question not a dig if they did that’s way off mark imo
    Fits with the scare off price as well though and the muir scarf wearing and subsequent withdrawal - reckon their mates of rd in the electronics game - it’s as plausible as anything as to why this nonsense has dragged on so long - it’s ridiculous
    He didn’t withdraw.

There was a quote from him a while back in an Aussie news outlet where he said he had withdrawn.

Do you know something different?
    Anyway, GM told me he didn’t withdraw, but wants to stay in the background. Told me on 24th Oct.
    And here he is trying to find a seat at The Valley incognito.

Do we think Roland warned him about such behaviour given the nasty fans?
  • edited January 2019
  • JamesSeed said:

I reckon The AA haven't enough to purchase & run the club for 5 years and the English/Brits are waiting for them/RD to give up on them, before offering a lower price.

But thry
    Scoham said:

The British bid will win

So if the Aussies have no money, what’s holding up the British group?
    I don’t think anyone’s saying the Aussies havebno money.
    I am 😭
    Not like you to change your position that you’ve held since the start. Shocked here in Westcombe Park :anguished:
    Or "posh Charlton" as they call it in SE10.
  • I think we should have a bite sized update.

I don't mind being in charge of it (Taking time out of my day) and proof read it once Cabes has drafs it

Are you sure :):)
  • When NLA mentioned last night that the Brits may get a 'sweeter' deal if the Aussies dropped out I posted that it was like a Mexican standoff ...

However, when I read my post back it appeared that my cutting and pasting had gone awry so I edited it only to find the message looked even worse. On the advice of Homer Simpson If at first you don't succeed just give up I deleted the post and went to bed.

I awoke this morning to see the first signs of a Mexican takeover rumour and I feel that I may be to blame for this, please accept my apologies ... In short there are no Mexicans involved in this deal ... as far as I know.

To be sung to the well known Mexican song........Ay Ay Ay Ay.

Ay Ay Ay Ay
    I like the old el vino
    My sister Belinda she pissed out the winda
    And filled up my brand new sombrero

• cabbles said:

They’ll probably bring a board game out about this one day

• Sponsored links:

• Henry has done a fine job writing up and its clear that we, the supporters, have not moved pass the guessing and speculating stage, which is ok with me it fills my work day up with web surfing and dreaming of better times to come. And to be honest its a welcome distraction from reading about other teams in the 3rd division and talk of players that will never be household names.
    However I do remember a number of posts with the question, what's his, (LVT), favourite colour? Was this question answered or even asked?
  • In one post from mid-2018 someone did some digging and posted the name of a company that had been set-up by the Australian Football consortium in the UK. I can't remember who found the name and did the post, or the name of the company. If anyone can remember - can you post the name. Might be worth doing a bit more digging on Companies House to see if anything has changed.
  • cafc-west said:

In one post from mid-2018 someone did some digging and posted the name of a company that had been set-up by the Australian Football consortium in the UK. I can't remember who found the name and did the post, or the name of the company. If anyone can remember - can you post the name. Might be worth doing a bit more digging on Companies House to see if anything has changed.

@jac52 won the 2017/8 Charlton Life Sherlock Holmes award for discovering that a new UK company, Echidna Acquisitions, had been registered by Gerard Murphy on April 30th
  • Bloody hell, Mike Ashley........

and all that premiership football.
    And debt. No thanks.
    How many clubs don't have any debt? It's impossible for us to get where we want to be and make a profit.

Mike Ashley at Newcastle:

Bought Newcastle for £134m and inherited £77m of debt. By 2017 that debt had doubled to £152m.

Sports Direct has never paid anything towards the naming rights or any of the advertising that swarms the stadium.

Sports Direct controls club's retail operations and the club has made a net loss of £5.5m from this arrangement. Commercial income has halved, matchday income is down by a third.

In the 11 years before Ashley, Newcastle had qualified for Europe nine times and the Champion's League group stages twice. Since Ashley has been owner, the club has been relegated twice and played in the Europa League once.

Newcastle's net spend since the summer of 2017 is £1m. Brighton's is £110m and Huddersfield's is £78m.

Ashley has purchased land behind the Gallowgate for a reduced £6m and planning permission for £70m proeprty development that blocks any expansion of St James' Park.

The club's accounts are overdue and it is also under investigation by HMRC for tax fraud.
    Certainly wasn't aware of some of that, cheers.
  • cafc-west said:

In one post from mid-2018 someone did some digging and posted the name of a company that had been set-up by the Australian Football consortium in the UK. I can't remember who found the name and did the post, or the name of the company. If anyone can remember - can you post the name. Might be worth doing a bit more digging on Companies House to see if anything has changed.

@jac52 won the 2017/8 Charlton Life Sherlock Holmes award for discovering that a new UK company, Echidna Acquisitions, had been registered by Gerard Murphy on April 30th
    Cheers Henry - that was it! Will also add my thanks for your rapid responses to the FF last night. Although it wasn't what we all wanted to hear was good to see you asked some tough questions.
  • JamesSeed said:

Redskin said:

cabbles said:

I believe he has been genuine in his pursuit of the story of our club, but there’s a showman in him as well, playing up to the cameras

Although White is a journalist and has a responsibility for factual reporting, reading this thread over the last couple of days shows he was not alone in 'playing up to the cameras' with matters reaching biblical proportions with the return of The Prodigal Son.
    Ultimately, it's irrelevant as we are all still in the dark and the club remains unsold. It was ever thus.
    I have no idea what any of this means.
    Yes, you do.

• Is it that RD isn't just selling up and walking away but leaving some future clauses in the deal. Wonder where he got that cunning plan from
  • cafc-west said:

Nothing's changed on there.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11336951
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell, Mike Ashley........

and all that premiership football.
    And debt. No thanks.
    How many clubs don't have any debt? It's impossible for us to get where we want to be and make a profit.

Mike Ashley at Newcastle:

Bought Newcastle for £134m and inherited £77m of debt. By 2017 that debt had doubled to £152m.

Sports Direct has never paid anything towards the naming rights or any of the advertising that swarms the stadium.

Sports Direct controls club's retail operations and the club has made a net loss of £5.5m from this arrangement. Commercial income has halved, matchday income is down by a third.

In the 11 years before Ashley, Newcastle had qualified for Europe nine times and the Champion's League group stages twice. Since Ashley has been owner, the club has been relegated twice and played in the Europa League once.

Newcastle's net spend since the summer of 2017 is £1m. Brighton's is £110m and Huddersfield's is £78m.

Ashley has purchased land behind the Gallowgate for a reduced £6m and planning permission for £70m proeprty development that blocks any expansion of St James' Park.

The club's accounts are overdue and it is also under investigation by HMRC for tax fraud.
    Didn’t know a lot of that ... not exactly an attractive proposition.
  • Under the circumstances, I wonder would Ashley pass the EFL fit and proper person requirements?
  • Under the circumstances, I wonder would Ashley pass the EFL fit and proper person requirements?

Unless he has been convicted of fraud then he would sail through their test.

Unless he has been convicted of fraud then he would sail through their test.
    I guess so!

• The Bolton chairman has been barred from being a director previously and still passed.
  • Scoham said:

cafc-west said:

Nothing's changed on there.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11336951
    Except that this has been set up since...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11522664
  • I think we should have a bite sized update.

I don't mind being in charge of it (Taking time out of my day) and proof read it once Cabes has drafs it

Are you sure :):)
    Purely for the timing of the non-events. Spelling and grammar don't interest me
  • ....specially spellin
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!