Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JohnnyH2 said:

With the club saying no group has exclusivity on the deal surely it is reasonable to assume Mr Murphy to tell supporters what his plans for the club are. I know the Trust have tried to make contact with him but would presume as nothing as come out this has not worked.

After making such a public appearance at the home leg, then sitting in the Directors Box at the away leg and taking part in a joint statement with the club in the summer, the onus in my opinion is for him to tell us where we are at

I think they may well feel that, all the negative publicity and comment over wearing a scarf and then the joint statement, that they are better to keep schtum.
  • Solidgone said:

That’s it, I’m getting to the end of my tether with all these shanigans going around and upsetting the fans. And I’m goodnight to do something positive to being this all to an abrupt end.
    On Friday I’m going to invest £2 on the European lottery and when I win I’ll either pay off the difference the asking price and the realistic price AND the x-directors loans.
    Or bribe RDto sell immediately to Whoever is on position to take hold of the Reins and keep the change.
    Anybody else going to join in and spread the chances?

Hate to break it to you @Solidgone but the euro millions is £2.50... hope you can push to that and good luck!
  • Don’t understand where the Mike Ashley link is coming from?

If a man of that profile, was genuinely interested in buying Charlton after Newcastle.. we would have some idea, but there has been 0 reports about this so why are people still talking about Ashley?

• jams said:

I'm sure I remember someone insinuating that there were allegedly some issues around the legality of certain things when RD purchased the club, relating to the spivs. Does anyone recall this and as far as we know has that been resolved? I just can't think what would mean multiple groups of purchasers need to be so silent on everything

Jams - was this what you were thinking of? https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Khakshouri-v-Jimenez-judgment.pdf

Cheers cardinal, I think that was what I had in the back of my mind but this has been going on for so long I can't honestly remember!
  • JohnnyH2 said:

With the club saying no group has exclusivity on the deal surely it is reasonable to assume Mr Murphy to tell supporters what his plans for the club are. I know the Trust have tried to make contact with him but would presume as nothing as come out this has not worked.

After making such a public appearance at the home leg, then sitting in the Directors Box at the away leg and taking part in a joint statement with the club in the summer, the onus in my opinion is for him to tell us where we are at

That would be good but he’s not allowed to.
  • Mike Ashley is only interested in clubs with a 50k fan base or more. Other than location we don't fit. So very left field to imagine we fit his portfolio.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I think they may well feel that, all the negative publicity and comment over wearing a scarf and then the joint statement, that they are better to keep schtum.
    The scarf wearing was just plain stupid. They looked like idiots doing that (wearing a scarf on a hot summer evening that was clearly bought for the occasion) and the subsequent slience and lack of completing the deal has in my opinion not helped their image. It's very easy to get a positive public message out there about their intentions for the club, what is stopping them
    An NDA and perhaps the feeling that they are better off not saying anything.

I heard they now regret the joint statement, which I think was a bigger mistake than the scarves, which was trivial imo.

Having been burnt before they most likely feel that they have nothing to gain by making any statements until the deal is done.

No one is asking the British group to speak so why demand that from the Aussies?
    Would love to hear from the British group but no one I have seen knows who they are. Mr Murphy and his group are known that is why I think now would be a good time to get their side. The Trust board agree as they wrote to Mr Murphy.

The scarves pretty much highlighted who they were, anyone advising them to wear them must have a limited knowledge of supporters, i.e. They would stick out like a sore thumb
  • True but judicious press announcements to apply pressure are a key tool in potential acquisitions.

Seen it time and time again in my work, both seller and acquirer normally spend a lot of time working out with their advisers how best to leak what and sometimes it works and sometimes it’s counterproductive.

It’s not just sale of Charlton though, every deal has a bit of it.

It just is more annoying for us because we care.
  • Sponsored links:

JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

The scarf wearing was just plain stupid. They looked like idiots doing that (wearing a scarf on a hot summer evening that was clearly bought for the occasion) and the subsequent slience and lack of completing the deal has in my opinion not helped their image. It's very easy to get a positive public message out there about their intentions for the club, what is stopping them

I heard they now regret the joint statement, which I think was a bigger mistake than the scarves, which was trivial imo.

Having been burnt before they most likely feel that they have nothing to gain by making any statements until the deal is done.

No one is asking the British group to speak so why demand that from the Aussies?
    Agree. The scarves showed enthusiasm and over optimism at worse. They thought it was very close at that time.

• There is no British bid. There is only the Aussies.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Would love to hear from the British group but no one I have seen knows who they are. Mr Murphy and his group are known that is why I think now would be a good time to get their side. The Trust board agree as they wrote to Mr Murphy.

The scarves pretty much highlighted who they were, anyone advising them to wear them must have a limited knowledge of supporters, i.e. They would stick out like a sore thumb
    I'd love to hear from too but I don't expect it as a right.

I'll get them down to Bromley Addicks PDQ they take over.

Sauce?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

You wish.

BBBC Addicks first. All four of us.
  • JamesSeed said:

JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

You wish.

BBBC Addicks first. All four of us.
    I'll join
  • Big Bodied British Cyclist Addicks?
  • bobmunro said:

There is no British bid. There is only the Aussies.

Sauce?
    Have the Aussie's even managed a bid?
  • Sponsored links:

• Balham, Battersea, Brixton and Clapham Addicks.
    Being an ex-Millwall fan not compulsory.
  • edited January 2019

Your Wrong there old chap

How long have you believed the British bid to exist? Did they approach the ex-directors? Many of us, myself included for a long time questioned their existence given there never seemed to be a single trace of proof.

How long have you believed the British bid to exist? Did they approach the ex-directors? Many of us, myself included for a long time questioned their existence given there never seemed to be a single trace of proof.
    Yes they did see the post at 8.33pm.
  • edited January 2019

For as long as this sorry shit charade has been continuing

I am not sure but I think they were pre Aussie or there was def contact before Aussie interest was public

• Can someone ask Lieven tonight just 4 questions
    1. Why are you persisting with Australians after 1 year of no deal.
    2. What price does Roland want
    3. How many buyers have proven funds and cleared EFL?
    4. How many buyers are still negotiating

I just e mailed them to the the Trust Secretary for you (as they requested).
    Well that is most kind I thank you, let’s see if he has decent answers 🤨

There is a British Bid and they are one of three buyers who approached Ex Directors, Aussies never approached them, so Who is real?
    Bit metaphysical that. Who is real after all? If I exist and think am I the centre of my own universe or an extension of others or am I both? What is unreality and does it have mass?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHoKEd-Gjo
  • Is the current British linked to the Mark Curry mob?
  • Can someone ask Lieven tonight just 4 questions
    1. Why are you persisting with Australians after 1 year of no deal.
    2. What price does Roland want
    3. How many buyers have proven funds and cleared EFL?
    4. How many buyers are still negotiating

I just e mailed them to the the Trust Secretary for you (as they requested).
    Well that is most kind I thank you, let’s see if he has decent answers 🤨

There is a British Bid and they are one of three buyers who approached Ex Directors, Aussies never approached them, so Who is real?
    Were they one of the groups who offered to buy out the ex-directors loans at a heavy discount?
  • Is the current British linked to the Mark Curry mob?

The Figure Skater?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!