Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If Ashley sells Newcastle then he is the next owner, Aussies just don't have the cash or ability to negotiate, if they did they could bully a purchase - it's as simple as that unfortunately. Our clubs Brexit is an unfulfilled Rexit thus far.
  • Expect Jim White to provide an update today
  • JamesSeed said:

Is there any reason why the interested parties wont go a bit more public? Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day, but just to release a small statement to say something along the lines of 'we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon'. At least the fans would know there is something going on

The scarves were just an honest expression of their enthusiasm for the project, (days from what they thought was the completion).
    Muir also wanted to meet Charlton fans and get a sense of the atmosphere. Obviously they won’t do that again until the sale if it happens.

If they released a statement saying ‘we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon' they’d be widely ridiculed, unfortunately.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.
    You're very good at putting people into groups mate ain't you. Getting a few people behind you, ridiculing the 'opposition', then playing the victim when you get a bit back.

My question wasn't a dig at anyone in particular, it was just to ask if there was a genuine reason why all the parties, with RD's say so, can't each put out small official statements** just to say they are involved, no more than that.

** Official Statement - Via their legal teams and not by walking round the ground with scarves on. Which also goes for any other buyer who might do it prematurely, in the future.
    Spot on about putting out a statement. Speak to us like adults and tell us where we are at. That applies to all parties and not just those who chose to put themselves out there
  • edited January 2019
    J BLOCK said:

Expect Jim White to provide an update today

Really hope so.
    Along with LVT's broken record stance, him and Jim really are painting the picture.
  • J BLOCK said:

Along with LVT's broken record stance, him and Jim really are painting the picture.
  • J BLOCK said:

If he's our only hope here , I reckon we're in trouble.
  • J BLOCK said:

This is really rather good. Forgive my ignorance but is this a Picasso ?
  • J BLOCK said:

This is really rather good. Forgive my ignorance but is this a Picasso ?
    It is indeed
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Is there any reason why the interested parties wont go a bit more public? Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day, but just to release a small statement to say something along the lines of 'we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon'. At least the fans would know there is something going on

The scarves were just an honest expression of their enthusiasm for the project, (days from what they thought was the completion).
    Muir also wanted to meet Charlton fans and get a sense of the atmosphere. Obviously they won’t do that again until the sale if it happens.

If they released a statement saying ‘we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon' they’d be widely ridiculed, unfortunately.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.
    You're very good at putting people into groups mate ain't you. Getting a few people behind you, ridiculing the 'opposition', then playing the victim when you get a bit back.

My question wasn't a dig at anyone in particular, it was just to ask if there was a genuine reason why all the parties, with RD's say so, can't each put out small official statements** just to say they are involved, no more than that.

** Official Statement - Via their legal teams and not by walking round the ground with scarves on. Which also goes for any other buyer who might do it prematurely, in the future.
    Ah but now you have done what you accuse @ShootersHillGuru of. What is wrong with @JamesSeed response there? Absolutely nothing, as far as I can see.

Maybe if you if you review how your post would have read by taking out the phrase Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day
    you might realise that you are accusing others of that which you yourself are guilty.

In particular while I think James sometimes has made mistakes in his phrasing here (and who does not???) I think it is manifestly unfair to suggest he is "putting people into groups".
    I didn't accuse Shootie of anything, I asked if he though his question was a bit sharp in the first place. Re' JS's post, it depends what context you read it in and if you know that as soon as you write something on this thread in relation to the Aussies, it'll get quoted and twisted in few minutes.
  • Another reason for clean title would be property speculation/ground move wouldn’t it?
  • Could today be the day.....

11 is my lucky number and it's the 11th today....

#f5
  • If Ashley sells Newcastle then he is the next owner, Aussies just don't have the cash or ability to negotiate, if they did they could bully a purchase - it's as simple as that unfortunately. Our clubs Brexit is an unfulfilled Rexit thus far.

Why do you assume it's Ashley?
  • Swisdom said:

Could today be the day.....

11 is my lucky number and it's the 11th today....

#f5

It's happening
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Have all his eagerly set deadlines expired?
  • Fumbluff said:

J BLOCK said:

Have all his eagerly set deadlines expired?
    72 hours.
  • I'm beginning to see this 'contest' between the Aussies and the Brits like two cricketers playing the straightest of bats.

You've got Bill Lawry for the Aussies and Geoff Boycott for the Brits. Neither is prepared to take a chance and each is trying to bore the other into submission. Something has to give, but its best not to hold your breath.

We're in the corridor of uncertainty.
    Surely the Toilet of Turmoil?
  • J BLOCK said:

Hope so as post frequency has dropped and a statement should push us to page 1485 at least.

Go Jim
    Perhaps if we all add a Picasso picture (other painters available) to our post, or maybe just a few additional lines...

...then we'll get to the promised land of page 1500 a little bit quicker? We should all do anything we can to get rid of Roland!
  • I'm beginning to see this 'contest' between the Aussies and the Brits like two cricketers playing the straightest of bats.

You've got Bill Lawry for the Aussies and Geoff Boycott for the Brits. Neither is prepared to take a chance and each is trying to bore the other into submission. Something has to give, but its best not to hold your breath.

We're in the corridor of uncertainty.
    Surely the Toilet of Turmoil?
    Toilet Chain reaction.
  • This Mike Ashley rumor has no foundation right? Is it purely based on the fact he is British man looking to sell one club?

He has seen how we have been with RD and Newcastle fans have give him some shit over his tenure so why would he bother with fans who take it either? Not saying we are problem because we have been wronged! But from his perspective are we worth the hassle?

We have NO idea who the brits are do we? All we have been told is that they are about but no clue who is involved.

Please tell me if I am wrong of course.

If & when the Newcastle sale goes through, my understanding is that he will look to purchase a club in the London area.
    Which one that is of course, is open to speculation, but the interest is there.
  • garfield said:

This Mike Ashley rumor has no foundation right? Is it purely based on the fact he is British man looking to sell one club?

He has seen how we have been with RD and Newcastle fans have give him some shit over his tenure so why would he bother with fans who take it either? Not saying we are problem because we have been wronged! But from his perspective are we worth the hassle?

We have NO idea who the brits are do we? All we have been told is that they are about but no clue who is involved.

Please tell me if I am wrong of course.

If & when the Newcastle sale goes through, my understanding is that he will look to purchase a club in the London area.
    Which one that is of course, is open to speculation, but the interest is there.
    Interesting
  • Off_it said:

I still find it bizarre, or “weird” if you like, that the British interest has evidently been around for as long (longer?) as the Aussie interest, and yet it’s only the Aussies that seem to have come in for stick (eg “fuck off”, “move aside”, “they haven’t got the money”, etc) when it seems to me all they have done is try to be a bit more open about their involvement and intentions.

The Brits must be laughing their tits off, staying under the radar and letting the Aussies cop the flak.

Either way, I say it again, if the price is agreed and the money is in place - as we have been reprleatedly told - then there must be a reason why neither party has completed the deal yet.

Maybe it’s the same reason for both. Maybe each has a different reason - but that surely seems less likely as that would be a particularly unlucky (for us) coincidence. But then again, knowing our luck .....

For some reason in my head the British group,should they exist, are loaded but are biding their time and waiting for Duchatelet to lower his price.
    We know more about the Aussies and how they were/ are planning to fund this and it sounded a bit pitiful to be honest. That's why they are getting the time wasting tag.
  • #TeamWIOTOS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!