Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Can someone ask Lieven tonight just 4 questions
    1. Why are you persisting with Australians after 1 year of no deal.
    2. What price does Roland want
    3. How many buyers have proven funds and cleared EFL?
    4. How many buyers are still negotiating

I just e mailed them to the the Trust Secretary for you (as they requested).
    Well that is most kind I thank you, let’s see if he has decent answers 🤨

There is no British bid. There is only the Aussies.

There is a British Bid and they are one of three buyers who approached Ex Directors, Aussies never approached them, so Who is real?
    Are the Aussies real?

I've thought for a while that they are a figment of Roland's imagination.
  • Is the current British linked to the Mark Curry mob?

The Figure Skater?
    Nope

• The old Blue Peter presenter! His look-alike was linked with us alongside Alex McLeish back on page 500!
  • I really hope Mark and Yvette are back in for us at last, I had a good feeling about these two when they were first linked thousands of pages ago
  • I don’t believe for one minute Ashley is intending to buy us.

It's all a misunderstanding

It's actually Laura Ashley who want to buy us. Next year's kit will be seriously retro
  • bobmunro said:

Can someone ask Lieven tonight just 4 questions

There is a British Bid and they are one of three buyers who approached Ex Directors, Aussies never approached them, so Who is real?
    Were they one of the groups who offered to buy out the ex-directors loans at a heavy discount?
    No Roland made the low ball bid. My guess is they told him they wanted loans cleared as did the others.
    Aussies? Who knows what they wanted, did they get that far?
  • I reckon the Aussies are only interested if we're a Championship club. They only come sniffing around when we're doing well.
  • bobmunro said:

Were they one of the groups who offered to buy out the ex-directors loans at a heavy discount?
    No Roland made the low ball bid. My guess is they told him they wanted loans cleared as did the others.
    You’re being far to cryptic for me I’m afraid. Are you saying there is no Australian consortium currently in the running ? It won’t hurt you to stop talking in riddles.

• Sponsored links:

• No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

You’re being far to cryptic for me I’m afraid. Are you saying there is no Australian consortium currently in the running ? It won’t hurt you to stop talking in riddles.

No what I’m saying is The Ex Directors have no idea if Aussies exist as they have never been in touch while 3 other parties including Brits have. Is that clear enough ?
    Mate did they contact them pre aussies I am sure it was
  • edited January 2019

No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

No what I’m saying is The Ex Directors have no idea if Aussies exist as they have never been in touch while 3 other parties including Brits have. Is that clear enough ?
    Didn’t Airman say that these loans don’t need to be settled before someone buys the club? I know clean title sounds nice, but is it essential? Just asking, haven’t got an axe to grind.
  • seth plum said:

More a case of " Abandon hope, all ye who read this thread " .
  • No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

No
  • JamesSeed said:

No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

Didn’t Airman say that these loans don’t need to be settled before someone buys the club? I know clean title sounds nice, but is it essential? Just asking, haven’t got an axe to grind.

That’s the buyers decision, depends if they want clear title or not.
    I would it’s still £7mn more on the purchase price, whether in Prem or now.
    If I want to finance the purchase then definitely want those charges paid off, and it’s Roland’s problem not the buyers.
  • No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

You come across as very aggressive. That’s me done.
  • edited January 2019
    My take on this,

I do not think the British group includes MA, I do not think LDT is lying about that when denying it.

He also stated about non disclosure, I think what he ment by that is he has obviously signed it, and can't really directly tell us anything, which is why we always seem to get puzzle pieces and speculate so much.

I think there is two interesting points made during the interview

1. (about how the Aussies need to explain why it has taken so long etc)
    2. The British group finding 6th gear.

A fellow poster imo was spot on, you don't come out publicly and say that, especially if you've signed a nda.

I think that was a dig to try and get the AA to hurry up and finalise, or for a group we know nothing about to hurry up and finalise the deal before the American do.

I actually think this British group could be the coy.

Especially as there is pretty much zero information on them. (all ive ever heard is "the British group" name one member from this group which we know is actually involved?

Only speculating.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

If they are borrowing against any assets they will.
  • It is time for clarity on what the price is. I appreciate it might vary depending on the agreed purchase terms, but we could be given an idea what the price actually is if somebody handed over the money today. It is no good getting fed rubbish about a sale being imminent. It is becoming clear that hands are trying to be forced, and people are being played. Let us know that the price is reasonable you dishonest Belgian w****r!
  • JamesSeed said:

Is there any reason why the interested parties wont go a bit more public? Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day, but just to release a small statement to say something along the lines of 'we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon'. At least the fans would know there is something going on

The scarves were just an honest expression of their enthusiasm for the project, (days from what they thought was the completion).
    Muir also wanted to meet Charlton fans and get a sense of the atmosphere. Obviously they won’t do that again until the sale if it happens.

If they released a statement saying ‘we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon' they’d be widely ridiculed, unfortunately.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.
    I always thought they were put off by the two shrews games!
  • Solidgone said:

That’s it, I’m getting to the end of my tether with all these shanigans going around and upsetting the fans. And I’m goodnight to do something positive to being this all to an abrupt end.
    On Friday I’m going to invest £2 on the European lottery and when I win I’ll either pay off the difference the asking price and the realistic price AND the x-directors loans.
    Or bribe RDto sell immediately to Whoever is on position to take hold of the Reins and keep the change.
    Anybody else going to join in and spread the chances?

Yeah go on then. I'll have a little bit of that.
  • edited January 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Is there any reason why the interested parties wont go a bit more public? Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day, but just to release a small statement to say something along the lines of 'we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon'. At least the fans would know there is something going on

The scarves were just an honest expression of their enthusiasm for the project, (days from what they THOUGHT was the completion).
    Muir also wanted to meet Charlton fans and get a sense of the atmosphere. Obviously they won’t do that again until the sale if it happens.

If they released a statement saying ‘we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon' they’d be widely ridiculed, unfortunately.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.
    I'd politely disagree James. I know that, to some extent, you're personally attached with the Australian bid, and the work you've done in the respect of keeping us updated as best you can has been commendable; however, their display at The Valley was nothing short of arrogant in my opinion.

To parade yourselves so publicly (one could argue that it was narcissistic), in the obvious knowledge that it would do nothing less than create excitement (even understandable hysteria?) amongst the fan base, was misguided at best, but frankly, contemptible (sadly, since mirrored by Jim White).

Thinking they were at/near completion isn't completion is it, and at that stage in the dealings, anyone with a modicum of foresight and acumen would have known that when you deal with an egomaniac like Duchatelet, nothing is certain.

I'm sure that since they made that massive faux pas, the reason they've been so publicly inconspicuous is because of their embarrassment, knowing that they made a massive error of judgement.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!