Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

I My guess is the aussies are a fabrication by RD and Ashley has agreed to Rd's price but can't buy until

I’ve said all along that i still think we are waiting for Ashley to sell NUFC!

That’s my guess as well - I’m increasingly leaning towards the Aussies being a fabrication by RD
    Now that’s a great theory for the conspiracy hats off to you for that one but I struggle to swallow that as much as I do with regards the 70mil to scare off a perspective buyer
    Scoham said:

I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

But neither can they be proved false. Hence we go over the same ground.

At least it should end the theory that Rick and Jim worked together to spread fake rumours to sell more copies of VOTV and get more listeners.
    No one ever said that did they ?? Genuine question not a dig if they did that’s way off mark imo
  • edited January 2019
    Just seen the notes on the OS and all fair other than the response to the question of split ownership "one group will have all the shares"

I recall it as "they will all have shares"
  • I don’t think the delay is the price, but when and how it will be paid.

It maybe very complicated and it is easy to see how negotiations could be protracted.

The ‘show me the money’ meeting was a strange comment, but could fit the above scenario.

The Brits maybe aware of this and are waiting to pitch a cash offer below the asking price as may be seen as a better deal.

All speculation and not worth a jot. It is what it is and I am going back to just supporting Bows and the team and lose my thoughts to the football. COYR!
  • DOUCHER said:

I My guess is the aussies are a fabrication by RD and Ashley has agreed to Rd's price but can't buy until

That’s my guess as well - I’m increasingly leaning towards the Aussies being a fabrication by RD
    Now that’s a great theory for the conspiracy hats off to you for that one but I struggle to swallow that as much as I do with regards the 70mil to scare off a perspective buyer
    Scoham said:

I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

At least it should end the theory that Rick and Jim worked together to spread fake rumours to sell more copies of VOTV and get more listeners.
    No one ever said that did they ?? Genuine question not a dig if they did that’s way off mark imo
    Fits with the scare off price as well though and the muir scarf wearing and subsequent withdrawal - reckon their mates of rd in the electronics game - it’s as plausible as anything as to why this nonsense has dragged on so long - it’s ridiculous
  • Ah.............. just waiting for the Sports Direct Valley signs to go up !
  • edited January 2019
    What I don't get is...how can the person brokering the deal think thought that the sale was going to complete in a couple of days (and sent a letter to Jim White confirming that).

They must either be a) completely incompetent and unable to see that a takeover is no where near or b) encouraged to do this by the seller to re-ignite interest.
  • I’ve asked the Ashley question nearly every meeting and he’s denied it each time if I recall, might be the NDA though
  • Ah.............. just waiting for the Sports Direct Valley signs to go up !

No fucks given, its 2019, its what happens in football.
  • Thanks for the FF updates @Henry Irving , however I am somewhat confused by something LDT said. If, as he said, yes we told JW so he would speak about it on radio so we could put pressure on the British group, why oh why would you admit this!!! If I was now a member of that British group, from now on I wouldn't listen to anything that LDT/RD has to say as LDT has just admitted the 'leak' was to pressurise the other bid!! In fact I would be of the mind to say "well RD if that's your game, we are walking away and your welcome to sell to the Aussies" Something here doesn't add up!! I understand that they may want the British bid to come to fruition, but you dont admit that your playing 'hearsay' games to get that done.....what a load of old baloney!! I smell a rat here, you do not conduct business this way and then openly admit it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell, Mike Ashley........

and all that premiership football.
    And debt. No thanks.
    How many clubs don't have any debt? It's impossible for us to get where we want to be and make a profit.
    Spot on...yet many so called positive fans think it's helpful to continually post that RD is losing a £1m a month...

The new owners, whoever they'll be, will have to take these costs on.

The right owners would believe the Club has potential, and go from there...

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Oh lord.

For what it’s worth I think the Yankee dollars are on their way, the new bits of associated paperwork will get done, and it’ll be done and dusted soonish.

But don’t quote me on that.
    I hope that puts me back on the scapegoats list?
    You never came off it, welcome back😸
  • DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

Not on here no. I’ve seen quite a few comments along those lines on some of the Facebook groups, either they’re doing it for themselves or working together.
  • Thanks for the FF updates @Henry Irving , however I am somewhat confused by something LDT said. If, as he said, yes we told JW so he would speak about it on radio so we could put pressure on the British group, why oh why would you admit this!!! If I was now a member of that British group, from now on I wouldn't listen to anything that LDT/RD has to say as LDT has just admitted the 'leak' was to pressurise the other bid!! In fact I would be of the mind to say "well RD if that's your game, we are walking away and your welcome to sell to the Aussies" Something here doesn't add up!! I understand that they may want the British bid to come to fruition, but you dont admit that your playing 'hearsay' games to get that done.....what a load of old baloney!! I smell a rat here, you do not conduct business this way and then openly admit it!!

LDT didn't say that he'd told JW.

That is what people on here are inferring.

LTD was part of the conference call with the Aussies and Americans
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

Fits with the scare off price as well though and the muir scarf wearing and subsequent withdrawal - reckon their mates of rd in the electronics game - it’s as plausible as anything as to why this nonsense has dragged on so long - it’s ridiculous
    He didn’t withdraw.

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

He didn’t withdraw.

There was a quote from him a while back in an Aussie news outlet where he said he had withdrawn.

Do you know something different?
  • Ashley has been wanting to sell Newcastle for years now and he doesn't seem any closer to doing that. If RD is holding out for him he'll be waiting a long time
  • What I don't get is...how can the person brokering the deal think thought that the sale was going to complete in a couple of days (and sent a letter to Jim White confirming that).

They must either be a) completely incompetent and unable to see that a takeover is no where near or b) encouraged to do this by the seller to re-ignite interest.

Or maybe it was correct-ish. ‘In a couple of days’ might have been translated by White, or someone, from ‘within days’, or ‘very soon, days’.

It’s easy to back yourself into a corner, as ‘hating the Aussies’, when they might not actually be the villains some here are trying to paint them as.
    And if these Brits are really serious, how come they haven’t come up with a deal, as they’ve had long enough as well?

Thanks for all the work Henners btw.

LDT didn't say that he'd told JW.

That is what people on here are inferring.

LTD was part of the conference call with the Aussies and Americans
    Sorry @Henry Irving my mistake, but I took the sentence below the wrong way-::

Did the JW revelations help or hinder the takeover?

LDT "Helped as pushed the 2nd party (the Brits).
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we should have a bite sized update.

I don't mind being in charge of it (Taking time out of my day) and proof read it once Cabes has drafs it
  • A deal could have been very close and then some backtracking. Hence LDT saying you will need to tell the fans. I think that comment was a sort of threat to the AA consortium that delaying the deal may have consequences.
  • Off_it said:

jams said:

I'm sure I remember someone insinuating that there were allegedly some issues around the legality of certain things when RD purchased the club, relating to the spivs. Does anyone recall this and as far as we know has that been resolved? I just can't think what would mean multiple groups of purchasers need to be so silent on everything

Yep, I've been thinking this for about a year or so now.

I've worked on enough deals professionally to know that if you've got two interested parties who have both got the money and both agreed a price (which is what we''be been told) then the deal will generally get done, UNLESS there's a steaming pile of something potentially toxic sitting somewhere.

If there is potentially such a smell then the first question that gets asked is "what's the statute of limitations on this?", Ie. if things all go tits up then what's the risk to us?

If that's the case then you might still go ahead with the deal if the vendor (Roland) gives you some sort of warranty and indemnity against historic liabilities, or you might just go ahead anyway and take the risk. Or you might hang on for a bit until it's too late for the potentially smelly stuff to cause any real issue.

I'm not suggesting that Roland has done anything materially wrong on his watch from a legal perspective (ruining our club doesn't count, unfortunately), but it seems like the previous owners may have been up to the necks in all sorts, and we know Roland didn't do any due diligence of his own and effectively bought the club blind.

To me this seems the only plausible reason why either of the two different potential buyers with the money lined up haven't done the deal, yet.

But I have no insider knowledge on any of this, just an educated guess.

But if I'm right then it suits nobody to go shouting the reasons why from the rooftops.
    And Roland said buying Charlton was the biggest mistake of his life, I wonder what he's discovered?
  • edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

He didn’t withdraw.

There was a quote from him a while back in an Aussie news outlet where he said he had withdrawn.

Do you know something different?
    He didn’t actually say he’d withdrawn, that’s what people inferred from his comment.
    What he actually said was something about ‘comments about his involvement were erroneous’. I think he meant his levels of involvement.
    Anyway, GM told me he didn’t withdraw, but wants to stay in the background. Told me on 24th Oct.
    Of course GM could just be a dodgy chancer
    ;-)
    (My kids would call that ‘bants’)
  • Ferryman said:

Off_it said:

jams said:

I'm sure I remember someone insinuating that there were allegedly some issues around the legality of certain things when RD purchased the club, relating to the spivs. Does anyone recall this and as far as we know has that been resolved? I just can't think what would mean multiple groups of purchasers need to be so silent on everything

Yep, I've been thinking this for about a year or so now.

I've worked on enough deals professionally to know that if you've got two interested parties who have both got the money and both agreed a price (which is what we''be been told) then the deal will generally get done, UNLESS there's a steaming pile of something potentially toxic sitting somewhere.

If there is potentially such a smell then the first question that gets asked is "what's the statute of limitations on this?", Ie. if things all go tits up then what's the risk to us?

If that's the case then you might still go ahead with the deal if the vendor (Roland) gives you some sort of warranty and indemnity against historic liabilities, or you might just go ahead anyway and take the risk. Or you might hang on for a bit until it's too late for the potentially smelly stuff to cause any real issue.

I'm not suggesting that Roland has done anything materially wrong on his watch from a legal perspective (ruining our club doesn't count, unfortunately), but it seems like the previous owners may have been up to the necks in all sorts, and we know Roland didn't do any due diligence of his own and effectively bought the club blind.

To me this seems the only plausible reason why either of the two different potential buyers with the money lined up haven't done the deal, yet.

But I have no insider knowledge on any of this, just an educated guess.

But if I'm right then it suits nobody to go shouting the reasons why from the rooftops.
    And Roland said buying Charlton was the biggest mistake of his life, I wonder what he's discovered?
    That his network experiment didn't work, and that he doesn't like football.
  • cabbles said:

I believe he has been genuine in his pursuit of the story of our club, but there’s a showman in him as well, playing up to the cameras

Although White is a journalist and has a responsibility for factual reporting, reading this thread over the last couple of days shows he was not alone in 'playing up to the cameras' with matters reaching biblical proportions with the return of The Prodigal Son.
    Ultimately, it's irrelevant as we are all still in the dark and the club remains unsold. It was ever thus.
  • Fumbluff said:

Dunno about Mexican standoffs but I wish we had a Belgian bunoff

Rather they fuckoff
  • cafcwill said:

Thank you @Henry Irving for the report. Also that you for making LDT squirm a little.

Yes, thanks for that.
  • Right.
    That's all over.No change
    The next marker is the end of the transfer window.
  • Redskin said:

cabbles said:

I believe he has been genuine in his pursuit of the story of our club, but there’s a showman in him as well, playing up to the cameras

Although White is a journalist and has a responsibility for factual reporting, reading this thread over the last couple of days shows he was not alone in 'playing up to the cameras' with matters reaching biblical proportions with the return of The Prodigal Son.
    Ultimately, it's irrelevant as we are all still in the dark and the club remains unsold. It was ever thus.
    I have no idea what any of this means.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!