Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cafcwill said:

Can anyone recommend a good pot noodle?

Any, just don't microwave it.
    And wash it down with a can of Red Bull.
  • See you all next imminent sale rumour in the summer transfer window.

It was a misprint all along.
  • edited January 2019
    Assuming the Aussies haven’t pulled out, there must be talks planned for this week, possibly today?
    Perhaps this is the calm before the storm?
    Perhaps nothing is happening?
    Oh God!
  • JamesSeed said:

Assuming the Aussies have pulled out, there must be talks planned for this week, possibly today?
    Perhaps this is the quiet before the storm?
    Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

• JamesSeed said:

Assuming the Aussies have pulled out, there must be talks planned for this week, possibly today?
    Oh God!

Before engaging in such speculation feller, you should drop a DM to @JamesSeed as he seems to have a direct line to the Ozzie’s and would likely be the first to know...
    You’re welcome :smile:
  • JamesSeed said:

Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

Sorry mate, just walking home from the cinema and was using the dictate function on my phone, and it mistook haven’t for have.
    Now Edited. Apologies for the (brief) misunderstanding.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

Sorry mate, just walking home from the cinema and was using the dictate function on my phone, and it mistook haven’t for have.
    Not accepted.

;0)

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

What did you see?
  • Can anyone recommend a good pot noodle?

Can anyone recommend a good pot noodle?

Oxymoron

Bitter sweet.
  • What a load of bobbins. What is going on?????
  • edited January 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Assuming the Aussies haven’t pulled out, there must be talks planned for this week, possibly today?
    Oh God!

So are there talks today?
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

What did you see?
    Collette. Very good.
    Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh God!

So are there talks today?
    I’ll be the last to hear I’m afraid.
  • I never thought i would ever say this , but I think keeping Roland maybe better than selling to the Aussies. It is clear to see that the Aussies can only buy us by borrowing money from Americans at a high interest rate. The Aussies wont be able to lose £500k per month as they will need to repay the loan amount each month . So they wont be able to invest in new players or the facilities.
    Roland at the moment is still putting money into the club although he will want it back- but at least he is still doing that. I cant see how the Aussies can do that, as they will need to make cuts to make us a going concern. We need a different buyer than the Aussies - at least a buyer who can afford us and not someone who has to borrow money at a high interest rate to buy us
    Lets be careful for what we wish for

No that’s not clear at all, it’s a guess.

The debt owed to Roland’s company at one point was £65m, and that’s out of date. He never get all his money back, no one will pay that amount for the club.

Roland wants to sell, what we as fans wish for won’t change that, neither will it change who he sells to.

If you believe the club there are still two other parties interested in buying the club, the Aussies aren’t the only possibility.

We need a new owner so the club can properly rebuild.
  • I never thought i would ever say this , but I think keeping Roland maybe better than selling to the Aussies. It is clear to see that the Aussies can only buy us by borrowing money from Americans at a high interest rate. The Aussies wont be able to lose £500k per month as they will need to repay the loan amount each month . So they wont be able to invest in new players or the facilities.
    Roland at the moment is still putting money into the club although he will want it back- but at least he is still doing that. I cant see how the Aussies can do that, as they will need to make cuts to make us a going concern. We need a different buyer than the Aussies - at least a buyer who can afford us and not someone who has to borrow money at a high interest rate to buy us
    Lets be careful for what we wish for

Pure conjecture, from start to finish.

• It's gonna be Ashley :)
  • Sponsored links:

I’m 50/50 on this.......it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.
  • Is Roland the most misunderstood owner in football?

No, he’s a plank.
  • The fact that we are in League 1, many fans boycotting and the bizarre ways of running a football club by an absent owner who has no interest in our history, past or present means he must go pronto or all the current good play on the pitch will just be a memory as players leave and we limp on to mediocrity.
    The problem is that the impasse makes many fans feel the interested parties lack ambition and may even have limited budgets to push Cafc forward.
    Dynamic new owners with a 5 year plan of Championship and beyond is our dream but the paradox is good business acumen states you don't buy when a company is overpriced. This is the Catch 22 of the sale of Charlton and only one man can solve that problem and that is the panto villian, Roland Duchatelet.

It’s been mentioned many times that the price has been agreed but people have whittled out that there is some rather important gremlin still to be unlocked which seems to be the cause of delay.

Roland Out Forever!
  • Solidgone said:

The fact that we are in League 1, many fans boycotting and the bizarre ways of running a football club by an absent owner who has no interest in our history, past or present means he must go pronto or all the current good play on the pitch will just be a memory as players leave and we limp on to mediocrity.
    The problem is that the impasse makes many fans feel the interested parties lack ambition and may even have limited budgets to push Cafc forward.
    Dynamic new owners with a 5 year plan of Championship and beyond is our dream but the paradox is good business acumen states you don't buy when a company is overpriced. This is the Catch 22 of the sale of Charlton and only one man can solve that problem and that is the panto villian, Roland Duchatelet.

It’s been mentioned many times that the price has been agreed but people have whittled out that there is some rather important gremlin still to be unlocked which seems to be the cause of delay.

Roland Out Forever!
    His wife might get quote that tattooed when she finally decides to lock him in the shed :-)
  • The fact that we are in League 1, many fans boycotting and the bizarre ways of running a football club by an absent owner who has no interest in our history, past or present means he must go pronto or all the current good play on the pitch will just be a memory as players leave and we limp on to mediocrity.

Perfect summary of where we find ourself.
    Generally fans are being surprisingly patient.

Giles the king of Spain?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!