Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Are we going to care anymore when it does happen?

Can't speak for you but I will care a great deal
  • Do people who are happy for Roland to stay until the summer realise that the team they are currently enjoying watching are very unlikely to be here next year?

We need a takeover now or at least in February. If not for any reason, but so that new owners can begin immediate contract negotiations with players due to leave for nothing at end of season.

Is there a single person who is happy for Roland to stay until the summer? I don't think so.
  • Do people who are happy for Roland to stay until the summer realise that the team they are currently enjoying watching are very unlikely to be here next year?

We need a takeover now or at least in February. If not for any reason, but so that new owners can begin immediate contract negotiations with players due to leave for nothing at end of season.

Is there a single person who is happy for Roland to stay until the summer? I don't think so.
    Some of the comments would seem to suggest otherwise.
  • magic1999 said:

Is it me or have the usual wil!y wavers crawled back under their rocks having got people's hopes up as usual

#WIOTOS

Blessed are the willie wavers for they shall inherit the earth. Famous quote from JC and the sunshine band. Kool.

Richard Murray
  • Dazzler21 said:

Will it ever happen though, that's the question.
    Might be happening today but not a good news day with the Brexit domination.
  • Ferryman said:

Dazzler21 said:

Will it ever happen though, that's the question.
    Might be happening today but not a good news day with the Brexit domination.
    Good day to hide bad good news
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

magic1999 said:

Is it me or have the usual wil!y wavers crawled back under their rocks having got people's hopes up as usual

#WIOTOS

Blessed are the willie wavers for they shall inherit the earth. Famous quote from JC and the sunshine band. Kool.
    Everybody’s calmed down.
  • Willy-wavers crawl under rocks as a defense mechanism. I saw one doing it on Attenborough.
  • bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
    It's just as well that some fans do worry about things they have no control over otherwise we might still be playing at shithurst.
    I’m not arguing with that but do you think that people who pay little attention to off the field problems are not real fans?

And also as I said, Roland will not move us away and we are not in danger of administration, he just happens to be a prick.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
    bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
    It's just as well that some fans do worry about things they have no control over otherwise we might still be playing at shithurst.
    @bobmunro nails it......not to mention the Belgium protesters, those that produced all the 'protest' items and all the protesters that gave up their time behind the main stand...but hey as long as you can just come and support the team thats all right.
    The protests were designed to get Roland out of the club. Last time I checked he was still the owner...
  • It's unfair to accuse people who are worried about the credentials of potential new owners of being Roland sympathisers.

I desperately want Roland out. But not to anyone, if we end up instead with owners who quickly run out of money because their plans don't add up.

It's unfair to accuse people who are worried about the credentials of potential new owners of being Roland sympathisers.

I desperately want Roland out. But not to anyone, if we end up instead with owners who quickly run out of money because their plans don't add up.

You can worry all you like kaf.
    It’s totally and completely out of our hands and if you or anyone believes that Goldfinger would have the slightest concern about that then you can think again.
    He would sell to the devil himself if he suddenly rode in from hell and coughed up the required amount.

• How long has it been since Jim White said it will be sold within 72 hours haha, this is like Huddersfields unbeaten run
  • How long has it been since Jim White said it will be sold within 72 hours haha, this is like Huddersfields unbeaten run

One week ago I thought was the day the club was being sold.
  • @Davo55 is the CARD meeting with the EFL tomorrow?

Hopefully you will be able to find out if from the EFL's POV there has been any significant progress, e.g. a potential buyer who has actually completed the ODT (as I recall they do their best to not identify such a buyer as "the Aussies" or anyone else. But asa reminder to all, when CAST were there in October, only one buyer had actually got anywhere down the ODT track, and we all believe beyond reasonable doubt that it was "the Aussies".

Good luck with it, I am sure you will find something out, even if it is mainly that no buyer has as yet completed the process, in which case, as I said before, we can forget about a sale going through before 1 Feb.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
    bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

@bobmunro nails it......not to mention the Belgium protesters, those that produced all the 'protest' items and all the protesters that gave up their time behind the main stand...but hey as long as you can just come and support the team thats all right.
    The protests were designed to get Roland out of the club. Last time I checked he was still the owner...
    last time i checked he was 72 hours from selling...
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

And had finally admitted that the club was for sale. The protests worked.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

And had finally admitted that the club was for sale. The protests worked.
    They haven’t been as successful as hoped because he is still our owner.
  • The Championship is one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Make no mistake..... if we get promoted but RD stays, we will come straight back down whilst setting any number of unwanted records!!!
    It’d be an embarrassment
  • 72 hours, 90% done, #donedeal, imminent.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I am uncomfy with the growing but worrying trend of 'at least Roland is better than the ghost of Col Gaddafi, be careful what you wish for, he hasnt put a foot wrong COYA!' type posts now we are winning a few games.

On field progress is down solely to the playing and coaching staff.

On terrace progress (bigger gates/away followings)is down solely to the supporters who are buying into the above and coming to terms with their own emotions.

The club under Roland still lacks a SMT, any obvious plan for progression, any signs of true ambition or any attempt to heal rifts with the majority of the supporter base.

Real progress for our club is in limbo until he leaves, whoever the new owners may or may not be to my mind.

And it will be a big wake up call if any of the following happen:

- Jackson to Luton
    - Taylor to Millwall
    - Grant to Rangers

We are on a knife edge and Roland has the sharpener.
    February 1st will be D day for Charlton's hopes this season and the new owners need to be in situ by end of February.

Jackson, Taylor and Grant must still be here or the decline of Cafc under Duchatelet continues ad nauseam.
    And Bauer
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Someone take the shovel away......!
    We are all entitled to our opinion pal. Mine is that it’s disrespectful to criticise the fans that go every week to support the players. I didn’t protest but I care about the future of Charlton hence why I want Roland out. But getting promotion also contributes to the future.

The fact is Roland is our owner, wants out and it will happen. In the meantime I will support the players as Bowyer has integrated some fighting spirit and im enjoying watching us play again.
    I don’t wholly agree with you but it’s better to have a few opposing views rather than everyone nodding to same lines day in day out.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!