Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

• SE7toSG3 said:

I am uncomfy with the growing but worrying trend of 'at least Roland is better than the ghost of Col Gaddafi, be careful what you wish for, he hasnt put a foot wrong COYA!' type posts now we are winning a few games.

On field progress is down solely to the playing and coaching staff.

On terrace progress (bigger gates/away followings)is down solely to the supporters who are buying into the above and coming to terms with their own emotions.

The club under Roland still lacks a SMT, any obvious plan for progression, any signs of true ambition or any attempt to heal rifts with the majority of the supporter base.

Real progress for our club is in limbo until he leaves, whoever the new owners may or may not be to my mind.

It has been the main line of the Roland apologists from the start about the next owner could be worse. Noticeable that some of those are now very anti Roland
  • edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

Assuming the Aussies have pulled out, there must be talks planned for this week, possibly today?
    Perhaps this is the quiet before the storm?
    Perhaps nothing is happening?
    Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

I wish Rolys Dad had pulled out.

Edit: beaten to it earlier in the thread - and no doubt numerous other times.
  • Ronan Roley does it best when he does nothing at all...
  • edited January 2019

Lets be clear. The club has no footballing future under Duchatelet. He’s not doing anything more than he has to. He’s stumbled onto a manager who looks like he’s got what it takes. For Roland Bowyer was the cheap option. He got lucky. The squad is effectively all free to walk in the summer. That’s gross negligence. Should we fail to win promotion then the squad needs a complete rebuild which given RD’s reluctance to commit to investing, the likelihood is that the new squad will be far less likely to achieve promotion. Would Bowyer even stay under those conditions. By the end of this season I’m sure Bowyers stock will have risen enough for him to secure another job. Possibly even in the Championship. The club has no Chairman, Chief Financial Officer and no CEO. There is no future under the Belgian other than a hand to mouth existence and at best mediocrity. We need new owners and we need them pdq. The summer might well be too late.

Pretty much the point I made at the recent and previous FFs - the club is not stable it is in decline, gates falling, large number of players out of contract, and you can add stagnation in training ground development, and over reliance on loan players. Bowyer won't be here forever, particular under this ownership -it could be a massive missed opportunity if we dont go up.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Assuming the Aussies have pulled out, there must be talks planned for this week, possibly today?
    Perhaps this is the quiet before the storm?
    Perhaps nothing is happening?
    Oh God!

Aussies pulled out ?

Sorry mate, just walking home from the cinema and was using the dictate function on my phone, and it mistook haven’t for have.
    Now Edited. Apologies for the (brief) misunderstanding.
    What did you see?
    From here to Eternity?
    SE7toSG3 said:

I am uncomfy with the growing but worrying trend of 'at least Roland is better than the ghost of Col Gaddafi, be careful what you wish for, he hasnt put a foot wrong COYA!' type posts now we are winning a few games.

On terrace progress (bigger gates/away followings)is down solely to the supporters who are buying into the above and coming to terms with their own emotions.

The club under Roland still lacks a SMT, any obvious plan for progression, any signs of true ambition or any attempt to heal rifts with the majority of the supporter base.

Real progress for our club is in limbo until he leaves, whoever the new owners may or may not be to my mind.

*round of applause* Top post.
  • Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

*Encore*
  • edited January 2019

SE7toSG3 said:

And it will be a big wake up call if any of the following happen:

- Jackson to Luton
    - Taylor to Millwall
    - Grant to Rangers

We are on a knife edge and Roland has the sharpener.
    February 1st will be D day for Charlton's hopes this season and the new owners need to be in situ by end of February.

Jackson, Taylor and Grant must still be here or the decline of Cafc under Duchatelet continues ad nauseam.
  • Sponsored links:

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
  • Addickted said:

HarryLime said:

At least we've got Addickted's bid still on the table, some small change and confectionery if I remember correctly.

It maybe small change to you, but the significant increase in my bid price to £1k and a family size tin of Quality Street/ Heroes/Roses (RD's choice) is a not insignificant dent in my operational P/L account.

Two other Lifers have also suggested that they would help with the operational costs over the first two years and the business plan to increase the chip portions seems to have gone down well with CARD and some boycotters.

Still hoping for a steer as to what legally constitutes gross misconduct to enable one instant dismissal to go ahead without fear of an employment tribunal.

• Yes I understand the fans who go, but for one minute don’t forget he has no
    interest in Charlton’s well being and never has.

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    Yet, others who don't attend games are continually having to defend their actions (not necessarily from you). I never felt it necessary to dig out people that never went to Belgium or still go to games, let's say we fill the ground at the next home. Could we expect a chorus of "Where were you, when we were shit" ??

I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.

Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
  • Grant to Rangers? Where's that come from?!
  • Greenie said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .

I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .

Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Wasn’t Duchâtelet taking lower bids for players for cash?
    Entirely possible he’ll take X for the club, but a lower price with future add ons for promotion etc.
    He clearly has never been in a hurry to sell. He probably enjoys making the Aussies and the Brits squirm.

[Edit: As I see others have said]

Douchebag's attitude to player sales is skewed by his delusion that players are interchangeable e.g. Konsa sold = no problem cos Naby is back, or Reza for Yann K!
    Douchebag's attitude to selling the club is skewed by his delusional fuckwittery, supreme arrogance and absolute ignorance of how football clubs operate, despite 7 or more years ownership of up to 6 clubs in 5 countries.
    Love it. Absolute mastery of the English language. And makes sense too.
    Thank you sir, nice to have you back.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

And it will be a big wake up call if any of the following happen:

- Jackson to Luton
    - Taylor to Millwall
    - Grant to Rangers

We are on a knife edge and Roland has the sharpener.
    February 1st will be D day for Charlton's hope this season and the new owners need to be in situ by end of February.

Jackson, Taylor and Grant must still be here or the decline of Cafc under Duchatelet continues ad mortem.
    fixed it for you

• I guess we (at least) have to worry about any player out of contract in June that would command a substantial fee. At worst, well knock yourselves out I guess..
  • edited January 2019
    Is it me or have the usual wil!y wavers crawled back under their rocks having got people's hopes up as usual

#WIOTOS
  • Are we going to care anymore when it does happen?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Are we going to care anymore when it does happen?

Will it ever happen though, that's the question.
  • Grant to Rangers? Where's that come from?!

It’s happening.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!