Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CafcSCP said:
    Probably everything they’ve spent on legal and financial advice! They’d be in breach of their NDA 
    well they could leak it to our James
    via one of your surveys?
  • What have the aussies got to lose by giving out an update of where they stand!!!
    This. They don't need to go into the financial details. Just a snap shot of how negotiations have been conducted.

Roland has made no secret that the Aussies have been at the table. Has he not broken it already?
  • What have the aussies got to lose by giving out an update of where they stand!!!
    They can only do it in conjunction with, and with the approval of, the club. I suspect that that approval wouldn’t be forthcoming. 

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Aussies' deal has always been lock stock and barrel. 
    But they ain't going to be settling his £70M asking price,so why agree head of terms in the first place...... the dope now seems to think he can get it
    So it’s their fault he’s a lunatic lol 

Is it possible he put the price up during negotiations? Because we went on a winning run maybe? I wouldn’t put it past him. 

But maybe the Aussies did decide to lower their offer after a verbal agreement had been made. They were within their rights to do so if circumstances changed, or if something cropped up that they didn’t like. If he doesn’t like it he can always tell them to do one.

I’m still blaming Roland, rather than the Aussies, or any other buyer for that matter.

Fun house selling analogy:
    You try to sell your house valued at £1.5m for £2m, because you bought it for £1m, but spent £1m doing it up. Someone says great, and gets a survey done. The survey points out a few problems caused by the work you had done, and reveals the house isn’t worth £2m. It’s worth 1.5m
    They offer £1.5. You turn the offer down. 
    You wait for another £2m offer to come along. It doesn’t. Your original buyer still wants to buy your house, but isn’t homeless, so can wait.
    And you want to impress the neighbours by getting a higher price that they thought you would, after you had all the stone cladding installed. 

Not said it's their fault he's a Lunatic? And "blame" is too strong a word...... maybe "reason" is more appropriate.
    I don't believe he put the price up though and if he did I'm sure they are within their rights to call him out NDA or not.
    RD has been quoted on a few occasions of stating the deal that he will settle on had been agreed and then the head of terms agreed on that? 
    So it "appears" that your "but maybe the Aussies did decide to...." would be the more likely scenario...... in which case my point about him believing he can get what he wanted stands, on the original agreement..... and if the Aussies had agreed an unrealistic price originally, then that is somewhere a lunatic may be sitting.
    I agree that the price should have reduced once Roly started to "cash in" his assets, but that would have been the time to call him out if he is the problem.... not keep hanging around like a bad smell, expecting a change and saying nothing aka RM. 

• CafcSCP said:
    Probably everything they’ve spent on legal and financial advice! They’d be in breach of their NDA 
    That stopped when Keith Harris came along, although I did get a little message last Saturday. I’d be slaughtered by you lot if I posted it. It’s just not worth it, and it doesn’t take us anywhere new. But clearly Roland doesn’t consider Aussies to be foreigners. 

Btw @AFKABartram was right when he said if you repeat something often enough people start believing it (or words to that effect) - hence this Millwall bootboy is trying keep his head down. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Aussies' deal has always been lock stock and barrel. 
    But they ain't going to be settling his £70M asking price,so why agree head of terms in the first place...... the dope now seems to think he can get it
    So it’s their fault he’s a lunatic lol 

Is it possible he put the price up during negotiations? Because we went on a winning run maybe? I wouldn’t put it past him. 

But maybe the Aussies did decide to lower their offer after a verbal agreement had been made. They were within their rights to do so if circumstances changed, or if something cropped up that they didn’t like. If he doesn’t like it he can always tell them to do one.

I’m still blaming Roland, rather than the Aussies, or any other buyer for that matter.

Fun house selling analogy:
    You try to sell your house valued at £1.5m for £2m, because you bought it for £1m, but spent £1m doing it up. Someone says great, and gets a survey done. The survey points out a few problems caused by the work you had done, and reveals the house isn’t worth £2m. It’s worth 1.5m
    They offer £1.5. You turn the offer down. 
    You wait for another £2m offer to come along. It doesn’t. Your original buyer still wants to buy your house, but isn’t homeless, so can wait.
    And you want to impress the neighbours by getting a higher price that they thought you would, after you had all the stone cladding installed. 

Not said it's their fault he's a Lunatic? And "blame" is too strong a word...... maybe "reason" is more appropriate.
    I don't believe he put the price up though and if he did I'm sure they are within their rights to call him out NDA or not.
    RD has been quoted on a few occasions of stating the deal that he will settle on had been agreed and then the head of terms agreed on that? 
    So it "appears" that your "but maybe the Aussies did decide to...." would be the more likely scenario...... in which case my point about him believing he can get what he wanted stands, on the original agreement..... and if the Aussies had agreed an unrealistic price originally, then that is somewhere a lunatic may be sitting.
    I agree that the price should have reduced once Roly started to "cash in" his assets, but that would have been the time to call him out if he is the problem.... not keep hanging around like a bad smell, expecting a change and saying nothing aka RM. 

I agree with very little of that. You’re cutting Roland way too much slack, and you’re way off the mark imho. 
     My guess is they're waiting for Roland to drop his asking price. LDT said Roland won't drop the price, so nothing has changed from the Aussies point of view.
  • JamesSeed said:
    CafcSCP said:
    That stopped when Keith Harris came along, although I did get a little message last Saturday. I’d be slaughtered by you lot if I posted it. It’s just not worth it, and it doesn’t take us anywhere new. But clearly Roland doesn’t consider Aussies to be foreigners

Btw @AFKABartram was right when he said if you repeat something often enough people start believing it (or words to that effect) - hence this Millwall bootboy is trying keep his head down. 
    Absolutely not! They're all Brits by ancestry!! 
  • edited March 2019
    What have the aussies got to lose by giving out an update of where they stand!!!
    This. They don't need to go into the financial details. Just a snap shot of how negotiations have been conducted.

Roland has made no secret that the Aussies have been at the table. Has he not broken it already?
    Not by saying they’re at the table.

Basically the Aussies don’t have much to gain from breaking their NDA, and everything to lose. 
    The tiny bits of info I heard and passed on went down like a lead balloon anyway. I think Harris said ‘no more’, and that was that. 
    It’s frustrating for everyone though I know. 
  • 1549, the spire of Lincoln Cathedral is damaged by wind & is no longer the tallest structure in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Apologies if this has already been covered but it seems to me that the Aussies agreed a price. They now realise that the agreed price wasn't agreeable to others in their party.

This now means they don't have an agreed price.

If Douchbag doesn't want to reduce his price because he thinks he's going to get it when the Aussies find enough poor sods to agree to it then the Aussies are effectively out. They wont proceed at the price Douchbag wants and Douchbag won't reduce to their price.

If this is the case then why don't the Aussies tell the whole world "we're out"?

At least then there's no one else who has agreed to Douchbags ridiculous price and he will have to reduce in order to sell.
  • The bottom line is he has to reduce the price if he wants to sell the club.
    The Aussies aren’t trying to raise extra funds to meet his asking price in case anyone thinks that.
    I’m not ‘toeing the party line’ on this one, I know. 

• Apologies if this has already been covered but it seems to me that the Aussies agreed a price. They now realise that the agreed price wasn't agreeable to others in their party.

This now means they don't have an agreed price.

If Douchbag doesn't want to reduce his price because he thinks he's going to get it when the Aussies find enough poor sods to agree to it then the Aussies are effectively out. They wont proceed at the price Douchbag wants and Douchbag won't reduce to their price.

If this is the case then why don't the Aussies tell the whole world "we're out"?

At least then there's no one else who has agreed to Douchbags ridiculous price and he will have to reduce in order to sell.
    The real question is, why doesn't RD go back to The previous bidders that The aussies outbid?

Any ideas @Redhenry
  • JamesSeed said:
    The bottom line is he has to reduce the price if he wants to sell the club.
    The Aussies aren’t trying to raise extra funds to meet his asking price in case anyone thinks that.

Not to shoot the messenger but what are they waiting for in that case?
  • edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

For him to see sense and lower the price.

What I don't get is why LDT was so confident that a deal was done and Jim White was saying he's gone?

What changed?
  • ^^ if only there could be a meeting with LDT to ask him this ...
  • edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Probably since then he has been selling players & also leavin the ones we have without any contracts of any sorts,the agreed price has probably been pulled off the table under them circumstances & they are trying to get him lower on them terms...but yep this is Roland...

oh n to add I am not ITK...😉
  • JamesSeed said:

Probably since then he has been selling players & also leavin the ones we have without any contracts of any sorts,the agreed price has probably been pulled off the table under them circumstances & they are trying to get him lower on them terms...but yep this is Roland...

oh n to add I am not ITK...😉
    "I've done all the hard work of flogging the best players, that will be an extra 200k"
  • edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Why wouldn’t they RR? They’ve spent an enormous amount of money, much of it on lawyers, to sort out historical ownership issues, due to RD’s avoidance of DD.

They’ve got their bid in, at the price they think is fair, that leaves them funds for improving the club’s position. 

So they’ve nothing to gain by pulling out now. 
    There’s also nothing to prevent others coming in with their own bids.

Duchatelet is now proven to be unpredictable and irrational. The Aussies aren’t, as far as I can tell. That’s why I think they are more likely to be behaving correctly than Roland (imho). GM has dropped hints that they’re up against .... well I’ll just say, ‘difficulties’ not of their making. I got a text today that sort of confirms that. 

The Aussies might be sensible owners who would build slowly, but if some Middle Eastern royal personage came in with bottomless pockets I’m sure that would be something that would appeal to many Charlton fans looking for success.

I’m not asking anyone to get behind their bid or anything. And if good owners came along and bought the club ahead of them, that would be fine by me, despite losing my well-cushioned seat in the directors’ box, with extra legroom.  
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

So James, presumably both LDT and RD are fully aware of this? I mean we have all been assuming for some time that the Aussies either don't have the necessary funds or else don't have the appetite to buy at RD's asking price. In which case why do both RD and LDT continue to say a price has been agreed and LDT continues to say he is in regular touch with the Australian consortium? For what purpose?

We are being spun a yarn by LDT that a price has been agreed and either there are a few things to be sorted out around the payment structure, or else waiting for the Aussies to submit paperwork to the EFL. In the absence of any communication from the Australians to the contrary, it would appear neither of those things are actually being progressed.

Seems to me they have two options:

1. Just sit there in the hope RD may eventually cave in and reduce his price or
    2. Try to move things along by telling RD they are prepared to walk away by X date if a lower price cannot be mutually agreed

If they are employing tactic no. 1, that truly could be a long game with no certainty of success. Given the passage of time if they are really that interested in buying the club, I would have expected them by now to have resorted to no. 2, which allows them to move on to other things if RD won't budge.

• JamesSeed said:

So James, presumably both LDT and RD are fully aware of this? I mean we have all been assuming for some time that the Aussies either don't have the necessary funds or else don't have the appetite to buy at RD's asking price. In which case why do both RD and LDT continue to say a price has been agreed and LDT continues to say he is in regular touch with the Australian consortium? For what purpose?

We are being spun a yarn by LDT that a price has been agreed and either there are a few things to be sorted out around the payment structure, or else waiting for the Aussies to submit paperwork to the EFL. In the absence of any communication from the Australians to the contrary, it would appear neither of those things are actually being progressed.

2. Try to move things along by telling RD they are prepared to walk away by X date if a lower price cannot be mutually agreed

If they are employing tactic no. 1, that truly could be a long game with no certainty of success. Given the passage of time if they are really that interested in buying the club, I would have expected them by now to have resorted to no. 2, which allows them to move on to other things if RD won't budge.

I could have likened this to tactics buyers use when making an offer for a house, but think we have been there!
  • I think an owner with deep pockets would be preferable to one with "bottomless" pockets. We had one of those before Roland took over. The problem with bottomless pockets is that the kash eventually runs out.
  • I think it’s time The I think it’s time the Aussie consortium pulled out   Then I think it’s time to ramp up the protests both home and In Belgium 
  • Chizz said:
    I think an owner with deep pockets would be preferable to one with "bottomless" pockets. We had one of those before Roland took over. The problem with bottomless pockets is that the kash eventually runs out.
    More likely to be brought by a Pocket-less Bottom !
  • JamesSeed said:

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably better.
    But as they have other business interests they don’t benefit by withdrawing in the the event of RD calling their bluff in scenario 2.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably better.
    But as they have other business interests they don’t benefit by withdrawing in the the event of RD calling their bluff in scenario 2.
    The only benefit is that if they are really interested in investing in English football they can draw a line under this one and move on.

Given the length of time they have supposedly been working on this, they just don't feel like credible potential buyers and am not sure why LDT or RD would feel they are - except perhaps it allows them to justify their asking price to other potential buyers. 

I know this is all old ground we have covered many times around on here, but would just be nice to flush out some real information.
  • Not going into details but was told Saturday one of our previous suitors was looking into a possible purchase of Sheffield Weds.

Could also be the reason why Katie left in a hurry?
  • Not going into details but was told Saturday one of our previous suitors was looking into a possible purchase of Sheffield Weds.

Could also be the reason why Katie left in a hurry?
    No, go into details, no one reads this thread anymore.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!