Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• aliwibble said:
    Only Worth What Some One Will Pay, Not What Some Mad Fuckwit From Belgium Wants Them To Pay?
    This
  • As we are waiting for the sale of Charlton; its only been 22 months and counting - mainly by 3blokes,Here's a little teaser.

Which English player has the most Premier games without getting a full cap. Try not to cheat !  I really struggled with this one.

Any breaking news will take priority.
    Reo-Coker?

I know he never got a cap but was on standby for a World Cup and a European Championships. 
    Was anyone listening to 5 Live last night? They were talking about the problem with Solskjaer not being able to attract as many big names as Pep and Klopp and either Jermaine Jenas or the other one said “If you’re Nigel Reo-Coker are you really gonna sign for Solskjaer over Pep or Klopp?”. Have I missed something? I didn’t understand why they were talking about big names then they mentioned him?
  • I will not comment on this topic anymore and will no longer try. I really hope everyone's hope and beliefs about Roly selling the whole club at some rational price comes to pass. I really do. For me, no longer looking at the Brexit or Trump threads have made a noticeable positive difference in my experience on this board. By jettisoning this one as well, I think I will be happier, still. Life is too short. Wake me up when we start a new thread "Official: Takeover Announced" and this one is finally closed. Until then, I am no longer interested in this endless thread. It's a negative energy drain. I don't want to come here for that anymore. Good luck!
    Another man down. Lest we forget.
  • So if there really was a bid of £30m for the club, then technically that’s as close we have to a a true ‘value’, even if it it was rejected. 

The stuff about Klopp and Pepp is for a different thread isn’t it?

• JamesSeed said:
    So if there really was a bid of £30m for the club, then technically that’s as close we have to a a true ‘value’, even if it it was rejected. 

Unless they are in with the EFL consortium trying to get the £1 together to take over the club, without the assets.
  • JamesSeed said:
    So if there really was a bid of £30m for the club, then technically that’s as close we have to a a true ‘value’, even if it it was rejected. 

I didn't know where else to put it and someone mentioned NRC so I thought that was good enough.
  • aliwibble said:
    Only Worth What Some One Will Pay, Not What Some Mad Fuckwit From Belgium Wants Them To Pay?
    Spot on. 
  • Time to unlock the doors and let Harris out the taxi.
  • Time to unlock the doors and let Harris out the taxi.
    TBF he did say not to get my hopes up..... for what use that was!
  • Sponsored links:

• 1547, Edward VI bans execution by boiling.
    Hmmm. The owner has dodged a bullet in my world
  • Davo55 said:
    @NapaAddick  I don’t dig anyone out on here but have a think about what you’re posting. You seem like a good bloke but you’re coming across more than a bit weird in this occasion. 
    Of course I am weird, I can understand how RD's mind works.

CARD statement from today’s EFL meeting on the way in next hour.
    We can reconcile these two positions by accepting that RD has always in his mind seen the value of the club as the rental value of the stadium and facilities.  On the other hand, sane bidders see that the rental value cannot determine the price because both club and assets are held by the same entity and owners rental income cancels out tenant club's rent liability.

RD from his latest inane ramblings is showing he sees no problem in separating club and assets, in fact it's the only strategy he sees makes sense for an investor.  It was always clearly his intention to leverage the assets.
  • I will not comment on this topic anymore and will no longer try. I really hope everyone's hope and beliefs about Roly selling the whole club at some rational price comes to pass. I really do. For me, no longer looking at the Brexit or Trump threads have made a noticeable positive difference in my experience on this board. By jettisoning this one as well, I think I will be happier, still. Life is too short. Wake me up when we start a new thread "Official: Takeover Announced" and this one is finally closed. Until then, I am no longer interested in this endless thread. It's a negative energy drain. I don't want to come here for that anymore. Good luck!
    It could be worse.....you might have even been to the ground & seen the team play in person. Imagine that.
  • Isn't it time to change the thread title again?
    Sale of Charlton - there is no sale of Charlton
    Execution by boiling was reserved for poisoners. The nickname for executioners was William Boilman for many years afterwards
    Execution by boiling was reserved for poisoners. The nickname for executioners was William Boilman for many years afterwards
    Billy Boilman scans better.  In fact he should've been billed as Billy 'The Boiler' Boilman.
  • The lyrics of Abba's Should I Laugh, Or Cry?  come to mind.
    The song concerns a frustrating, unhappy and ongoing relationship.
    The words that don't fit our situation are struck through. 

He stands towering over me beside my bed
    Losing his head

Tells me I must take him seriously
    Droning on, the usual way, he's such a clever guy
    And I wonder, should I laugh or cry?

He's dressed in the striped pyjamas that I bought
    Trousers too short

Gives me of his small philosophy
    Carries on the way he does. And, me, I get so tired

Strange how dangerously indifferent I have grown - 
    Cold as a stone
    No more pain where there was pain before
    Far away he rambles on, I feel my throat go dry
  • Sponsored links:

• The lyrics of Abba's Should I Laugh, Or Cry?  come to mind.
    The song concerns a frustrating, unhappy and ongoing relationship.
    The words that don't fit our situation are struck through. 

He stands towering over me beside my bed
    Losing his head

Tells me I must take him seriously
    Droning on, the usual way, he's such a clever guy

He's dressed in the striped pyjamas that I bought
    Trousers too short

Gives me of his small philosophy
    Carries on the way he does. And, me, I get so tired

Strange how dangerously indifferent I have grown - 
    Cold as a stone
    No more pain where there was pain before
    Far away he rambles on, I feel my throat go dry
    CRY.
  • Thread title should be changed to 'Sale of Charlton - Abandon hope all ye who enter here'
  • If any of the Belgians have read Grapevine's suggestion this will probably be mentioned in the next Fans Forum as a serious bid! 
    I’m certain it’s been read. Proved many times that they monitor this forum. 

Hi Tony :wink:
  • cfgs said:
    stonemuse said:
    If any of the Belgians have read Grapevine's suggestion this will probably be mentioned in the next Fans Forum as a serious bid! 
    I’m certain it’s been read. Proved many times that they monitor this forum. 

Hi Tony :wink:
    Well maybe we need a shorter simpler version for them to understand, preferably written in paint
    EFA
    Billy Boilman scans better.  In fact he should've been billed as Billy 'The Boiler' Boilman.
    Is he any good at undersoil heating?
  • JaShea99 said:
    As we are waiting for the sale of Charlton; its only been 22 months and counting - mainly by 3blokes,Here's a little teaser.

Which English player has the most Premier games without getting a full cap. Try not to cheat !  I really struggled with this one.

Any breaking news will take priority.
    Reo-Coker?

I know he never got a cap but was on standby for a World Cup and a European Championships. 
    Was anyone listening to 5 Live last night? They were talking about the problem with Solskjaer not being able to attract as many big names as Pep and Klopp and either Jermaine Jenas or the other one said “If you’re Nigel Reo-Coker are you really gonna sign for Solskjaer over Pep or Klopp?”. Have I missed something? I didn’t understand why they were talking about big names then they mentioned him?
    Double barrel, fair few letters. 
  • edited March 2019
  • Isn't it time to change the thread title again?
    Sale of Charlton - there is no sale of Charlton.
    Perhaps it's time for the thread to have it's own theme tune?  From your suggestion I was thinking Donovan's There is a mountain, the main gist of which is 

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is
    First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is

I have no clue what Donovan was going on about and that also fits in quite nicely with my understanding of this thread.

Having sex with Ada by Ian Drury, I have changed the title because of the swearing ban, does not have the same ring to it, I must admit
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!