Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That's LDTs British group out the window then
  • Why no minutes from the fans forum meeting?

Why are ordinary fans treated like 2nd class citizens, kept in the dark and lied to?
  • I hope the club will be sold on page 2,019.

The most positive thing I've said all day.
  • Nug said:
    I must of missed it, why is there another FF meeting so soon after the last? Is it a new strategy by fans to get the club to embarrass themselves on a more regular basis.
    The club tried to change the agenda to be just about the "vandalism" and the "proposal" and so said they would be another FF meeting to discuss other issues and in particular the transfer window.

Steve Gallen is meant to be there tonight but, no disrespect to SG, I hope the bonkers statement is top of the agenda.
  • edited March 2019
    SG and other staff are at the meeting, which is a full FF, the last one as mentioned was reduced to major issues in the end, with only LdT/TR present, I'm dialled in to this one..

I won't be commenting further until minutes.. soz
  • Yer man Luke Perry has died. 
    He’s most famous for being in Beverly Hills 90210. 

Its a sign 😞

90,210!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• 1548, Mary, Queen of Scots leaves for France.
  • 1548 Capital (Arsenal) Gold with Jonathan Pearce (live from Highbury)
  • Nug said:
    I must of missed it, why is there another FF meeting so soon after the last? Is it a new strategy by fans to get the club to embarrass themselves on a more regular basis.

Everyone has been still sitting around the table since last week, but have only just stopped laughing at the owners antics - but LDT has somehow managed to keep a straight face.
  • Yet another of Roland's "suitors"...   yeh rooight mate!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47301446
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7eb7a36b2a2/fans-forum-notes-player-and-manager-contracts-and-takeover-update

Takeover

LDT said much of the takeover was discussed last week (in last week's Fans' Forum) and there has been no big changes since then. He said that the owner’s demand had been submitted to the EFL and that they heard back that the EFL have received the request.

He said RD is not willing to decrease the asking price. He said ideas are welcome from the Fans’ Forum to speed up the takeover process.

SC asked about rumours in the press that an offer of £35m had been turned down.

LDT said the only offers that have been refused have been ones where the new owners would pay rent for the stadium and training ground, which would have been separate from the club.

LDT said there had been no £35m offer received for the club.

LDT said RD is only looking to sell the club as a whole – training ground, stadium and the football club.  

• Scoham said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7eb7a36b2a2/fans-forum-notes-player-and-manager-contracts-and-takeover-update

Takeover

LDT said much of the takeover was discussed last week (in last week's Fans' Forum) and there has been no big changes since then. He said that the owner’s demand had been submitted to the EFL and that they heard back that the EFL have received the request.

He said RD is not willing to decrease the asking price. He said ideas are welcome from the Fans’ Forum to speed up the takeover process.

SC asked about rumours in the press that an offer of £35m had been turned down.

LDT said the only offers that have been refused have been ones where the new owners would pay rent for the stadium and training ground, which would have been separate from the club.

LDT said there had been no £35m offer received for the club.

LDT said RD is only looking to sell the club as a whole – training ground, stadium and the football club.  

But you have to pay £1 for the club and £77m for the ground and training complex
  • I find it interesting (if true) that there have been offers for the club without the land (not that I want them separated, of course.)

To me, one of the big problems associated with Grapevine's idea would be finding someone who wanted to have just the responsibility for the club, to go with a fan led purchase of the land. 

Obviously there are still people who think they can see a way to run the club without bankrupting themselves.

• Aussies' deal has always been lock stock and barrel. 
  • Sounds like we're nowhere near.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Aussies' deal has always been lock stock and barrel. 
    But they ain't going to be settling his £70M asking price,so why agree head of terms in the first place...... the dope now seems to think he can get it
  • Davo55 said:
    I just don't believe what LDT says. Whether he is just the mouthpiece for Duchatelet's propaganda or actually has freedom to manage things how he sees fit, he is lying.
    That’s how I see it too 
  • N01R4M said:

I find it interesting (if true) that there have been offers for the club without the land (not that I want them separated, of course.)

To me, one of the big problems associated with Grapevine's idea would be finding someone who wanted to have just the responsibility for the club, to go with a fan led purchase of the land. 

Obviously there are still people who think they can see a way to run the club without bankrupting themselves.

That’s what Goldberg did when he bought Palace. Noades still owner the ground.
    look how that turned out!
  • What have the aussies got to lose by giving out an update of where they stand!!!
  • Probably everything they’ve spent on legal and financial advice! They’d be in breach of their NDA 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Probably everything they’ve spent on legal and financial advice! They’d be in breach of their NDA 
    well they could leak it to our James
  • LDT is a fucking liar and so is his boss, I have no doubt about that. 
    We are doomed to monthly and sometimes weekly forums, which are a complete and utter waste of time. I don't understand why we are still trying to engage with them when they have proved to be so disingenuous. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!