Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is this serious or a spoof ? surely can't be serious ?
    It's our Roland - it can't be anything other than serious.
  • On the beeb too. Charlton Athletic: Roland Duchatelet demands EFL acquires League One club https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47404351
  • If the Aussies have the money, why don't they contact the EFL to discuss the situation ?
    Surely the EFL could help to lever/broker a deal ?

It’s not really their thing, unfortunately. 
  • edited February 2019
    I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

Did they say when this was or give any more info on the consortium.
    That's literally all I know at the moment. Like I said, not the most reliable person in the past but thought it was worth sharing. I'm sure @Airman Brown  has stated before though that Varney is not involved anywhere. 
    Thanks, just wish one of the many rejected bidders would go public, NDA or no NDA
    Scottish group did
    Good point. Does anyone remember the reason they pulled out ?
    Apart from the obvious RD is a knob reason.
    I thought it was simply because he wanted too much.
    The Scottish group weren't completely honest. I happen to know for a fact at one point they came away from a meeting with RD's representatives thinking a price had been agreed. But he then said that was the initial price he wanted, and added 15mil+ of future add ons. 
  • Soapbox. Haven't laughed so much for many a long time, at your paragraph

"Mum can I say that Roland Duchatelet is a deluded, Douchebag, Shitweasel, piss dribbler, crazy ancient arsehole Walloon wanker with signs of an impaired brain as shown in the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex , the right insula and the left insula which results in him being as crazy as a bucket of Frogs"

"Bravo my son, bravo."

"Thanks mum"

• Bubble said:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6757691/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-demands-EFL-acquire-League-One-club.html

Reports Roland rejected a £30 Million bid just weeks ago.

”Desperate to sell” my arse
    This is the problem. He won't sell for a reasonable price and he is not a sane man. He made a big mistake, he needs to take the hit and go.
  • He is giving 70+ years old people a bad name, younger people will think that once they reach 70 they go a bit.....bit......eh.. what was I saying, sorry
  • Wants a ridiculous price but it seems he also doesn’t want to deal with the previous directors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well. He is swapping his integrity/reputation for money, the silly old fool. Keep the pressure up
  • 1545, The Mary Rose sinks in The Solent .                
    I just hope Roland's solution to this mess isn't to sink Charlton.
  • edited February 2019
    Ducktape selling the club without the ground would inevitably lead to another move from the Valley but would be worth it to see the back of the scroat. It would be easier this time and quicker. 

1. Planning laws are stricter
    2. The council knows what happened last time if Roly doesn't
    3. The stadium is in slightly better nick than last time
    4. Can imagine a share with Orient would suit both parties. Or in CCC share with Fulham, commuting by boat
    5. Not imagining any of the above, RD will have painted himself into a corner and surely throw in the towel quickly
    6. The Ozzies should still be around

Is there anyone CAFC like PV who could finance such a strategy?  £2-3m in L1, perhaps up tp £5m in Champ depending on landlord. I'd say 2 years max if we could get ducks aligned for August. I'd welcome back RM if he'd stump up for it. 
  • Been busy for a couple of days.

Have I missed anything?
  • Well Henry........
  • Been busy for a couple of days.

Have I missed anything?
    Nah, only the usual Charlton stuff, just a normal day at the office.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mal said:
    Been busy for a couple of days.

Have I missed anything?
    Thanks, glad to read all is well.
  • Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    EFL moving their headquarters to the Valley, while our home games are on Hackney Marshes, so all good
  • Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    EFL moving their headquarters to the Valley, while our home games are on Hackney Marshes, so all good
    Sure the owner has a good reason for that
  • Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Yep, he's gone loopy!
  • Mal said:
    Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Yep, he's gone loopy!
    But he's a successful business man
  • Mal said:
    Mal said:
    Mal said:

Have I missed anything?
    Yep, he's gone loopy!
    But he's a successful business man
    In Electronics maybe, but no successful businessman would buy something like a football club without some knowledge of how to run it, or even employ someone who knows how to run a club. I dont believe he brought the club to ever see it advance up the leagues, his latest outburst has signalled his intentions right from the off, he wants to sell the land, and he is not going to budge from what he see's as it's worth.

• What was all that about #WIOTOS again?
  • The man is mentally ill.
  • The man is mentally ill.
    That may be true but it doesn't help us

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!