Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2019
    he doesn't have a CEO or proper comms team. Nobody wants to pay his price in League One. Maybe he realises that if he gave next season's budget to a consortium of fans to manage, they might a) succeed, thus taking pressure of him or b) fail thus taking pressure off him. Either way, it would go some way to stopping the protests.

The issue would be what fans? I mean, we squabble like politicians over Brexit! Maybe that is a fanciful idea after all. But what sort of proposal could he mean?
  • he doesn't have a CEO or proper comms team. Nobody wants to pay his price in League One. Maybe he realises that if he gave next season's budget to a consortium of fans to manage, they might a) succeed, thus taking pressure of him or b) fail thus taking pressure off him. Either way, it would go some way to stopping the protests.

The issue would be what fans? I mean, we squabble like politicians over Brexit! Maybe that is a fanciful idea after all. But what sort of proposal could he mean?
    Club for £1 but he keeps the Valley and SL and leases it back. He'll also suggest a really good and experienced football club CEO he knows who is looking for work......
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I’ve got a terrible feeling he is going to absolutely f**k us now!

We already are. 

• He won't come to us so us going to him is the only way forward as for saying he will only sell to a English buyer I can not think of many English rich people that would like a football club losing up to 6 million a year so either way we are fucked 
  • And that is plain now to see why Aussie are unable to clinch a deal. 
  • So Jordon spoke to some people and Roland wants 50 Million - on talksport now

• So Jordon spoke to some people and Roland wants 50 Million - on talksport now

Think we all knew it was a ridiculous amount, glad it’s been clarified. Absolutely mental 
  • I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
  • edited February 2019
    50 million pounds... I am speechless.
  • Sponsored links:

• We already knew that, hardly new news
  • I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

Did they say when this was or give any more info on the consortium.
  • Listened to the White/Jordan interview with Duchatelet last night. Is it just me or did the 'Belgian One' sound like he was on drugs?
  • edited February 2019
    I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

Did they say when this was or give any more info on the consortium.
    That's literally all I know at the moment. Like I said, not the most reliable person in the past but thought it was worth sharing. I'm sure @Airman Brown  has stated before though that Varney is not involved anywhere. 
  • If, Roland is asking for £50 million now, based on land price, is it the same price he was asking for a year ago?, and, will it stay at £50 Million if were still for sale this time next year.

• edited February 2019
    addick05 said:
    Listened to the White/Jordan interview with Duchatelet last night. Is it just me or did the 'Belgian One' sound like he was on drugs?
    He is so used to the yes men and women around him that he cant cope with any disagreement with his twisted world view.
  • edited February 2019
    We really are in Never Never Land.

We are all lost boys and girls.
  • 1543, King Henry VIII married for the final time.
  • What was the last rough known asking price RD put on the club? 
  • Sponsored links:

• So Roland says the club is free, and you only have to pay for the land.

So how much is the land worth, or how much does Roland think the land is worth?

I can't find accounts for the last financial year on companies house, but I can see the accounts for the year before. Under tangible assets a value of £42,347,000.00 is stated. Katrien Meire signed this off on 20/12/2017.

I might be totally misreading the accounts, and correct me if I am, but with the 7 million owed to former directors, and this valuation, your looking at almost £50,000,000 for the club.

Crazy

Didn't he say, paraphrased, 'the club is free, plus £20 million off the price of the assets"

That would bring us to £30 million and a ball park figure that has been used before? 
  • What was the last rough known asking price RD put on the club? 
    I think that's the main problem. There has never been a 100% 'known' price.
  • The problem with graffiti is it pisses off everybody who lives and works in the area. Those fans may now find themselves considered as English football hooligans and now when they travel, drink, eat and stay in the area may find they're not so welcome anymore and Roland has gained some local sympathisers.

And what a nice reminder to any prospective buyers of what they can expect if they don’t pump millions into the club and buy instant success

That last bit just isn’t true though. Of all the protests I’ve been a part of, don’t recall any banners or chants demanding millions be pumped into the club or demanding instant success. 
    If they don’t pump in millions, what are they going to do to keep the club running, sell the premiership stars of the future ?; and if the team isn’t winning it won’t take long for fans to start moaning
    I disagree. If Roland leaves and we get an owner who cares somewhat and actually puts some effort into running the club I think they will get patience and time, they certainly will from me. Our position proves just 1/2 more decent players and we would have a real shot at promotion. Yes we would need to spend a bit in the Champ but you can be a steady Champ team with the right structure. I think the majority of fans would accept that  
  • So, we're back to where we've always been.

Our greedy, deluded owner wants too much for the club.

As such, we will continue to be Shitweaseled for the foreseeable future.

Bummer.
  • edited February 2019
    Something I have never got my head round is the "five current interested parties" we were informed about a month or two back. Where have they all gone to? If this disclosure was true, then why have they ALL walked? There can only be one reason.....the price. So why have none of these 'supposed' parties come out of the woodwork and stated Goldfingers asking price or at the very least make it known that it's totally unrealistic? Someone somewhere is telling enormous porkies!
  • Maybe we should appeal to the EFL for their advice on the situation....?

:smile:

Sadly, I think their hands are tied. If he has not broken any EFL rules and has not 'brought the game into disrepute' so to speak (although as far as I'm concerned he has) not sure they can do much, other than to 'advise' him to sell the club. But they can't force him to do that. Having said that, they won't be too happy about his comments regarding 'foreign' owners.
  • J BLOCK said:

So Jordon spoke to some people and Roland wants 50 Million - on talksport now

Think we all knew it was a ridiculous amount, glad it’s been clarified. Absolutely mental 
    Errrrm.....has it been clarified? I don't think so.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!