Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Amazing number of law-abiding Charlton fans condoning criminal action, vandalism of private property and intimidation, all apparently OK because err.. err..we don't like him.

Let's just just hope there's no other people they don't like.  

Pathetic.
    Perhaps you could issue a public apology to Roland on behalf of all of us law-abiding Charlton fans.
    You might even want to pop over to Sint-Truiden to clear it up for him. 
  • edited February 2019
    Ah yes, let's now stoop beneath Roland's level and support vandalism. 

Nice one.

That'll get rid of the old scrote.
  • Did Keohane get his bonus?

Just asking.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Whoever did this... What an idiot. This is not protesting. That is vandalism. Protesting is one thing. Vandalism is not. 
    I wouldn’t do it, but I’m not surprised someone has. This bloke has been vandalising our football club for five years. 
    Incorrect. He may not have been running the club in the way you want, but he owns the club and it is his right to do so.

Of course we want the bell end out, but vandalising his properties is just one step closer to an entire loss of respect as the media learns of it.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Ah yes, let's now stoop beneath Roland's level and support vandalism. 

Nice one.

That'll get rid of the old scrote.
    Yes, it might. Who knows?? 
  • The problem with graffiti is it pisses off everybody who lives and works in the area. Those fans may now find themselves considered as English football hooligans and now when they travel, drink, eat and stay in the area may find they're not so welcome anymore and Roland has gained some local sympathisers.

And what a nice reminder to any prospective buyers of what they can expect if they don’t pump millions into the club and buy instant success

• Desperate actions for desperate times perhaps, but I would have voted against if it had been an option.
    Up to now the protests have been well thought out and quite creative, generating almost entirely positive publicity. Suspect this will be used to portray protestors in a bad light. 
    But as I’ve said before about other issues, it’s not the end of the world, nobody died. 

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Roland claiming ‘he has proposals to put to the Charlton fans at the fans forum’, according to Jim White. 

What so we get a referendum about who owns the Club? 
    Does one of the proposals involve kicking him several times? (kickers choice where) 
    15 chips per portion?
    2 SOFAS!

• JamesSeed said:
    Roland claiming ‘he has proposals to put to the Charlton fans at the fans forum’, according to Jim White. 

Does that mean he is going to be there in person? That would make it an interesting meeting!! Seriously, I doubt that ANY proposals he comes up with will be acceptable to Charlton fans - unless he announces he will be gone within the week (well, 'imminently' anyway).
  • N01R4M said:

While I understand - and share - the anger, frustration, disappointment, etc. which has no doubt led to this action, I think this is counterproductive and cannot support it. 

Come on Addicks; surely we have between us the wit and inventiveness to find better ways to protest?

Stop attending The Valley is one.
    It's the strongest protest of them all...

• edited February 2019
    I would not be surprised if the ‘proposal to fans’ is if he does not sell, he will not be funding the team rebuild in the summer. So no transfer fund - youth players replacing the positions where contracts have ended. Nothing surprises me about his inept ownership.
  • Graffiti can and does carry a jail sentence in Belgium.
  • Sounds like the talks with prospective new owners has completely broken down. Roland’s doing his usual of blaming everyone else
  • blamed the non existent protests for talks breaking down. will sell the club 'for free' just wants money for the land and real estate...

• JamesSeed said:

Whatever Jimmy has to say about Charlton, I will take with a large pinch of salt.

I'm old enough to remember his previous claims.

• Sponsored links:

• Maybe he is going to propose the demonstrates start a crowd funding site to pay for the running costs of the football club.
  • JamesSeed said:

Whatever Jimmy has to say about Charlton, I will take with a large pinch of salt.

I'm old enough to remember his previous claims.

Those claims were the glory days, right! O how we felt back then...!
  • Am I right in thinking that he said he wouldn’t sell to a foreign party in that interview? Right after he was asked about his ‘proposal’ to the fans. I’m guessing it’ll be some sort of call for the fans to buy him out without coming close to stating a figure. 
  • That’ll be the documents the EFL are waiting for....Rolund has told the Australians to submit British passports as he wants to take care of us like that.....
  • The problem with graffiti is it pisses off everybody who lives and works in the area. Those fans may now find themselves considered as English football hooligans and now when they travel, drink, eat and stay in the area may find they're not so welcome anymore and Roland has gained some local sympathisers.

And what a nice reminder to any prospective buyers of what they can expect if they don’t pump millions into the club and buy instant success

Yeah they’ll be gutted when we make the Europa League, draw STVV but aren’t allowed to go.
  • So the club is for sale, but there is nobody negotiating at this time.

All the eight interested parties walked away, not because of the price, but because we threw some crisps on a pitch in August

And we still don't know how much he wants for the club/land

• as much as i love there artistic work, for every action there is a reaction, and this mad crazy bar steward is bound to react in a way to get at us all
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    as much as i love there artistic work, for every action there is a reaction, and this mad crazy bar steward is bound to react in a way to get at us all
    He did say that he did not believe it was the majority of fans who did this, just a few, not that it would stop him reacting against all
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!