Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Something I have never got my head round is the "five current interested parties" we were informed about a month or two back. Where have they all gone to? If this disclosure is true, then why have they ALL walked? There can only be one reason.....the price. So why have none of these 'supposed' parties come out of the woodwork and stated Goldfingers asking price? Someone somewhere is telling enormous porkies!
    You've answered your own question there.
    It was a load of baloney to entice genuine buyers out of the woodwork.
    Wearing a bit thin now though that tale.

• Is there anyone out there who is skilled in property valuation who might want to estimate what the market value of the land at the Valley and Sparrows lane might be without any planning permission for change of use ( and next to no chance of getting such planning permission in the foreseeable future) just to demonstrate that RD is bending the truth yet again.  I do remember that have been some pretty dodgy valuations used in the accounts in recent times as well).
  • I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

Did they say when this was or give any more info on the consortium.
    That's literally all I know at the moment. Like I said, not the most reliable person in the past but thought it was worth sharing. I'm sure @Airman Brown  has stated before though that Varney is not involved anywhere. 
    Thanks, just wish one of the many rejected bidders would go public, NDA or no NDA
    Scottish group did
  • Only a smattering of legal education but am perplexed about the NDA. Pretty sure if the Ozzies have walked away the NDA is over. No transaction is taking place, no consideration has changed hands. Why no word? Perhaps James can text Gerard?

If RD drops his price the deal is a new one and requires a new NDA. 
  • I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

That's literally all I know at the moment. Like I said, not the most reliable person in the past but thought it was worth sharing. I'm sure @Airman Brown  has stated before though that Varney is not involved anywhere. 
    Thanks, just wish one of the many rejected bidders would go public, NDA or no NDA
    Scottish group did
    Good point. Does anyone remember the reason they pulled out ?
    Apart from the obvious RD is a knob reason.
    Interesting.

Scottish group did
    I am guessing they were intrested of they could get it "cheap" reduce costs and make profit in the transfer market using the contacts they obviously had in the game.  I would suggest that was a bullet dodged. 
    Interesting.

Scottish group did
    "What was it that made you pull out of the negotiation with the egotistical, irrational, greedy twat?"
    Interesting.

Scottish group did
    I thought it was simply because he wanted too much.
    Interesting.

Scottish group did
    I thought it was simply because he wanted too much.
    So do I & I seem to vaguely remember them quoting a figure.
    Interesting.

Scottish group did

I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

Scottish group did

I am in no way ITK but someone I know at the club reckons RD turned a consortium down which included Varney for £35m + ex-director's loans this year. This person hasn't been the most reliable in the past. So, basically, move on, nothing to see here. 
    Interesting.

Scottish group did
    McLeish said Roland wanted too much money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only a smattering of legal education but am perplexed about the NDA. Pretty sure if the Ozzies have walked away the NDA is over. No transaction is taking place, no consideration has changed hands. Why no word? Perhaps James can text Gerard?

If RD drops his price the deal is a new one and requires a new NDA. 
    It’s going to depend on what was in the NDA. I know ones I was subject to while I was doing DD 15 years ago are still in effect even though we didn’t go ahead with the purchase. 

But it things like how much he wants wouldn’t be part of that. That’s him using the term NDA to avoid answering a question. 
  • We are stuck with the old scroat,just hope and pray we can get promotion,could be our only realistic chance of getting rid of him.

• We are stuck with the old scroat,just hope and pray we can get promotion,could be our only realistic chance of getting rid of him.

I think it's the opposite. Get promotion and Roland will ramp up the price. It will also confirm to him that football can be won without putting much money in .
  • So one of Roland’s deals involves him getting a further payment in the event of promotion (s).  Hate the idea of anything other than a 100% clean break. 

He’s basically a grasping, greedy individual with no class. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    3blokes said:
    JamesSeed said:

He’s basically a grasping, greedy individual with no class. 
    There’s a much shorter word for that.  :/
    He’s a Cunning Unlikeable Nasty Tosser

hmmmm.... how can we shorten that?
    If only the next meeting was on the 5th March rather than the 4th

With regards to LDT we could say; See you next Tuesday - Thats a bit shorter I suppose?
  • Sponsored links:

• It seem that Rollof Ducktape is moving to plan B which is sell the club for £1 to negate his ongoing losses, while retaining the stadium and training ground.  We are very fortunate that the EFL are fully on board with our plight and won't let spiv types with no money turn us into a cash cow.  Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
  • "Are we there yet mum, we seem to be going round in circles"

"Not yet dear, but the nasty man in Brussels is prepared to sell the Football side for £1;
    So the Aussies are getting a consortium together to see if they can afford the asking price. If that doesn't happen then the EFL are going to buy us and put that Ref Kettle in charge of all our games and the opposition will finish will 9 players."

" That sounds great Mum, what's the hold up then" ?

" Well the main stumbling block is he wants between 50 and 90 million for the Valley and Sparrows lane or he keeps the freehold on the valley and Sparrows lane and the EFL will run the football side."

"Mum can I say that Roland Duchatelet is a deluded, Douchebag, Shitweasel, piss dribbler, crazy ancient arsehole Walloon wanker with signs of an impaired brain as shown in the dorsal anterior cingulate cortex , the right insula and the left insula which results in him being as crazy as a bucket of Frogs"

"Bravo my son, bravo."

"Thanks mum"
  • Troubling times indeed.  The pool of chancers and crackpots willing to try running a football club as tenants must be considerably larger than the pool of bidders with millions available upfront.
    Not every club renting its matchday facilities ends up in total disaster but the bad outweigh the good, even before the insanity of the landlord is factored in.
    There is zero chance roly will exercise any reasonable discretion over his chosen 'buyer' and nor should there be, this thing is his to dispose of as he chooses.  It's not like he did any meaningful homework before buying whatever the spivs actually sold him.
    Perhaps our best chance lies with his poor benighted wife/partner/er indoors wanting rid of all connections with we rotten londoners, hopefully she'll insist he gets shot lock, stock and barrels for fear that scamps, disgruntled former employees and clueless comms staff will keep coming back to mess with the decor or disrupt cosy family lunches.

• Anyone who has no emotional connection to Charlton will be splitting their sides laughing at this latest revelation - because it is truly laughable.

Personally, I find it jaw-droppingly stupid, and extremely worrying that someone who can seriously suggest such a ridiculous solution to his inability to find a credible buyer is actually allowed to remain charge of a club.  Fit & Proper?  Surely even the EFL will now see its terms of reference are not fit for purpose?

Has anyone got a contact with the Belgian media, to tip them off about this latest piece of lunacy?

• Surely he will be run over by all of this. Demands..... Making sound almost like a racism thing.... Jesus.... I'm just.... Flabbergasted.... 
  • edited February 2019
    “And the house of a friend of a friend” literally made me piss my pants.  
    We’re owned by a Belgian Partridge (but with a poorer smile) and the next thing that should happen is CAFC should be charged by the EFL with bringing the game into disrepute for releasing such bile.  He should have to apologise for his defamation of character and racism too....
  • Is this serious or a spoof ? surely can't be serious ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!