Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1541, Gerardus Mercator makes his first globe. 
    Heretic.....
  • Sell our club.
    I hope it was flat like the Earth 
  • Am I right in thinking that he said he wouldn’t sell to a foreign party in that interview? Right after he was asked about his ‘proposal’ to the fans. I’m guessing it’ll be some sort of call for the fans to buy him out without coming close to stating a figure. 
    He was acting all heroic as in 'how could I put a foreign owner through my kind of angst?'

• So Roland says the club is free, and you only have to pay for the land.

So how much is the land worth, or how much does Roland think the land is worth?

I can't find accounts for the last financial year on companies house, but I can see the accounts for the year before. Under tangible assets a value of £42,347,000.00 is stated. Katrien Meire signed this off on 20/12/2017.

I might be totally misreading the accounts, and correct me if I am, but with the 7 million owed to former directors, and this valuation, your looking at almost £50,000,000 for the club.

Crazy

• I think I saw something a while back, but can't find it now which shows the assets rising in value significantly since 2014. I remember because it looked fanciful.
  • 1542, Mary Queen of Scots dies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here
    That's Current assets, which is not the same as the freeholds.

However, I've said all along that  RD is valuing the club at the F/H values.
    F/H values in London should continue to rise and it makes little difference whether the land can be developed or not.
    An analogy would be an expensive piece of art. You can't do anything with it, but it is still an asset of increasing value.
  • Just sell give the club away and f... off
  • I wonder if @NapaAddick is going to adjust his valuation now?
  • So Roland says the club is free, and you only have to pay for the land.

So how much is the land worth, or how much does Roland think the land is worth?

I can't find accounts for the last financial year on companies house, but I can see the accounts for the year before. Under tangible assets a value of £42,347,000.00 is stated. Katrien Meire signed this off on 20/12/2017.

I might be totally misreading the accounts, and correct me if I am, but with the 7 million owed to former directors, and this valuation, your looking at almost £50,000,000 for the club.

Crazy

I think this sort of muddled thinking (not to mention optimism) from Roland has been holding up the sale for some time.
  • They revalued all the fixed assets in July 2017, which added £23.7m to the book value.
  • So basically Roland will only sell to a British consortium now?! Judging by what I’ve read.
  • CatAddick said:
    Just sell give the club away and f... off
    Good effort. 
    7 out of 10
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Just a thought..

Could CARD actually enter negotiations with Roland somehow? to actually get a price of what he is demanding? He admitted there is nobody in talks due to protests, which is bs as we all know. (This needs to be raised and clarified at the FF tomorrow @Henry Irving  @Davo55)   
  • Just a thought..

Could CARD actually enter negotiations with Roland somehow? to actually get a price of what he is demanding? He admitted there is nobody in talks due to protests, which is bs as we all know. (This needs to be raised and clarified at the FF tomorrow @Henry Irving  @Davo55)   
    @charltonaddickedmatt

Neither @Davo55 (CARD aren't part of the FF) or I (I was standing in for @k@killerjerrylee last time) will be there.

I doubt Duchatelet would reveal any details to CARD, not knowingly at least.

• Here
    Net worth -£27,146,000.00.

Is that how much he gives me if I take over?
  • Can the FF ask if they've got round to my bid yet, please?

I have however, now revised my offer downwards, following the revelations that he is prepare to give the club away.

The offer of the Roses/Quality Street/Heroes tin is still on the table and I am prepared to throw in a three pack of Cadbury's Cream Eggs as a sweetner.

I can confirm that I'm British and not a Johnny Foreigner - though I did vote remain.
  • I’ve got a terrible feeling he is going to absolutely f**k us now!
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I’ve got a terrible feeling he is going to absolutely f**k us now!
    Well he might well do, but in  doing so he will also be f**king himself as well. Should he do so, we will rise again as in AFC Wimbledon
  • edited February 2019
    Melrose said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    Well he might well do, but in  doing so he will also be f**king himself as well. Should he do so, we will rise again as in AFC Wimbledon
    He has to be careful... He knows this is getting a big problem now, and f'ing us over completely will not do his reputation any good in Belgium. The best option for him and us is just to sell, so he still has some chance to keep credibility in his own country.
  • The problem with graffiti is it pisses off everybody who lives and works in the area. Those fans may now find themselves considered as English football hooligans and now when they travel, drink, eat and stay in the area may find they're not so welcome anymore and Roland has gained some local sympathisers.

And what a nice reminder to any prospective buyers of what they can expect if they don’t pump millions into the club and buy instant success

That last bit just isn’t true though. Of all the protests I’ve been a part of, don’t recall any banners or chants demanding millions be pumped into the club or demanding instant success. 
    If they don’t pump in millions, what are they going to do to keep the club running, sell the premiership stars of the future ?; and if the team isn’t winning it won’t take long for fans to start moaning
  • Melrose said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    He has to be careful... He knows this is getting a big problem now, and f'ing us over completely will not do his reputation any good in Belgium omho. the best option for him and us in just to sell, so he still has some chance to keep credibility in his own country.
    This
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!