Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    DOUCHER said: 13 June 2019 
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3559905#Comment_3559905
  • edited July 2019
    http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/9-6-ex-charlton-directors-respond-over-loan-claims/

The only people insisting on repayment of the loans (in their terms release of the charges) are the buyers, perhaps for good reasons, but the ex-directors have no such leverage.

As for the training ground my guess is that refers to the dispute with Footscray Rugby Club which I’ve reported previously. Why did Roland spend £1m on facilities on their land and a road across it, but then leave them standing unused?
  • Now that Walesonline are reporting things I’m fairly confident that Dalmans approach is pretty much dead in the water. He was obviously very keen yet silly bollocks has made negotiations virtually impossible. We’re stuck with him. I suspect if Dalman couldn’t get things over the line then the mysterons wont either. 
  • edited July 2019
    Rylo said:
    Here’s a blinding rumour I heard today...

We were sold on Monday but they’re keeping it quiet for a bit. 

Brilliant!😂
    Yes, I’m sure Tango Man is busy preparing for the wrath of the Nigels
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 
    Yes it was.  Lots of times.  By you. 

@Chizz
    you seem to enjoy digging out @DOUCHER when he posts and picking up on inconsistency in his posts but don’t we all change our views as things progress (or stagnate). 
    E.g. @nth london addick has been an adamant “nothings happening “ since god knows when but is now firmly in the “RD won’t be here by the start of the season” camp. @DOUCHER has actually put himself out there by stating his belief as the opposite. Both would be going on info the are privy to. I don’t see the need for your hostility 
    You're right, I do.  

Some people post what they genuinely believe to be the current situation from their - named or unnamed - sources.  I don't dig them out.  Other people have a more forensic, journalistic approach and post what they can, only when they can source and corroborate it; and when it doesn't break the opportunities for other journalists to break the story. I don't dig them out.  Typically, many, or most, of the comments these people post turn out to be proven in the fullness of time. 

But some choose to relish in revealing a bit of information simply in order to counter, gainsay or belittle what other posters have commented. Usually, nothing that these people post bears close scrutiny. For example, it's difficult to have a great deal of trust in someone stating that RD will still be the owner at the start of the 2019/20 season, having spent the whole of last summer confirming he won't be the owner at the start of the 2018/19 season. 

And I don't think those people should really object too strongly if their inconsistencies are highlighted.  If you think repeating something back to someone is hostile, I have to disagree, with the greatest of respect. I hope my points are taken with humour - on this thread at least, that's certainly how they're meant. 
    Doucher is someone, like nla who has named his source, more than once, is it really his fault if his source was misled / wrong?

Almost everyone 'itk' has been left with egg on their face at some point, mostly down to RD, not because they are deliberately putting forward false information.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.
    Where/when's this from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Put it this way, the Aussies weren't best pleased after the playoff final.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Put it this way, the Aussies weren't best pleased after the playoff final.
    They wanted us to lose. 
    I new it.
    Certainly didn't.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Put it this way, the Aussies weren't best pleased after the playoff final.
    They wanted us to lose. 
    I new it.
    Certainly didn't.
    Only joking James. 
  • http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/9-6-ex-charlton-directors-respond-over-loan-claims Why did Roland spend £1m on facilities on their land and a road across it, but then leave them standing unused?
    For the Upbeats walk to have a meeting/starting point and to stop my dogs scaring security at SL. Why else? 😉
  • JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    So even you have lost faith in the Aussies then?
  • Looks like the Hibs take over is not what they thought, how long has that taken? 2 days?

They were "debt free" in the press release.  It appears they became debt free by the owner loaning the club the money and charging 4% interest on it! 
  • I don’t believe the standard and the asking price raise to 50 mil it’s a load of bollox imo 
    You could be right But ?

Is it possible that the price quoted to Dalman is 50 million? 
    And the price to the Aussies is 33 million or 40 million when ex directors loans are included.

This scenario is only possible if the seller is bonkers ?

Conculsion: This scenario is possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Where/when's this from?
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3559905#Comment_3559905
  • http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/9-6-ex-charlton-directors-respond-over-loan-claims/

The only people insisting on repayment of the loans (in their terms release of the charges) are the buyers, perhaps for good reasons, but the ex-directors have no such leverage.

As for the training ground my guess is that refers to the dispute with Footscray Rugby Club which I’ve reported previously. Why did Roland spend £1m on facilities on their land and a road across it, but then leave them standing unused?
    I would say that's a good guess. Very frustrating.
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 

@Chizz
    you seem to enjoy digging out @DOUCHER when he posts and picking up on inconsistency in his posts but don’t we all change our views as things progress (or stagnate). 
    E.g. @nth london addick has been an adamant “nothings happening “ since god knows when but is now firmly in the “RD won’t be here by the start of the season” camp. @DOUCHER has actually put himself out there by stating his belief as the opposite. Both would be going on info the are privy to. I don’t see the need for your hostility 
    You're right, I do.  

Some people post what they genuinely believe to be the current situation from their - named or unnamed - sources.  I don't dig them out.  Other people have a more forensic, journalistic approach and post what they can, only when they can source and corroborate it; and when it doesn't break the opportunities for other journalists to break the story. I don't dig them out.  Typically, many, or most, of the comments these people post turn out to be proven in the fullness of time. 

But some choose to relish in revealing a bit of information simply in order to counter, gainsay or belittle what other posters have commented. Usually, nothing that these people post bears close scrutiny. For example, it's difficult to have a great deal of trust in someone stating that RD will still be the owner at the start of the 2019/20 season, having spent the whole of last summer confirming he won't be the owner at the start of the 2018/19 season. 

And I don't think those people should really object too strongly if their inconsistencies are highlighted.  If you think repeating something back to someone is hostile, I have to disagree, with the greatest of respect. I hope my points are taken with humour - on this thread at least, that's certainly how they're meant. 
    Doucher is someone, like nla who has named his source, more than once, is it really his fault if his source was misled / wrong?

Almost everyone 'itk' has been left with egg on their face at some point, mostly down to RD, not because they are deliberately putting forward false information.
    Who is his named source @Stu_of_kumming ?
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

Uncle Dicky
  • http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/9-6-ex-charlton-directors-respond-over-loan-claims/

I was told that the rugby club were suing is that correct@airman Brown

I was told that the rugby club were suing is that correct@airman Brown
    If that’s correct, this could be one of the skeletons in the closet that’s come to light during DD? 
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

Uncle Dicky
    What does uncle Dicky Doucher from Dartford know !
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

Uncle Dicky

• JamesSeed said:
    Has any other club sale been as complicated and drawn out as this one? Even I was beginning to blame the Aussies, but now the evidence points in another direction. If Dalman walks away you have to think this could literally go on for years.
    It literally has been going on for years!
  • Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:

@Chizz
    You're right, I do.  

Uncle Dicky

So Docuher has named Richard Murray as his source?   Must have missed that.

Always thought it was Chris Parkes and via him Richard Murray but not seen Doucher name either.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!