Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Roland probably doesn't even own the club from a legal perspective and even if he does, he has already proved himself entirely incapable of selling it to anyone. Does he actually attend these negotiations or just sabotage them from a distance?

For the sake of our mental health, I suggest we all just chip in and buy Roland a wig, fake spectacles and fake moustache and send them all to him by first class post.

By promising to cease all protests if he wears his new disguise for any public appearance, we can then all pretend we have a new owner and the torture will be over. Bowyer and Gallen can run the show and we can mostly ignore him. His failed networking project and attempts to revolutionise football management the Roland way, is already a public joke.

There could be one of those amusing fan competitions to decide the most suitable name for our "new" owner.

Anyone any good on Photoshop to see how this innovative idea might look in practise??

• I thought Strapix owned Charlton, rather than douchbag himself?
  • Yes, it does, sort of; Roland owns 90% of Staprix (10% owned by another person); Staprix owns Baton; Baton owns Charlton. I think...

• Roland probably doesn't even own the club from a legal perspective and even if he does, he has already proved himself entirely incapable of selling it to anyone. Does he actually attend these negotiations or just sabotage them from a distance?

For the sake of our mental health, I suggest we all just chip in and buy Roland a wig, fake spectacles and fake moustache and send them all to him by first class post.

By promising to cease all protests if he wears his new disguise for any public appearance, we can then all pretend we have a new owner and the torture will be over. Bowyer and Gallen can run the show and we can mostly ignore him. His failed networking project and attempts to revolutionise football management the Roland way, is already a public joke.

There could be one of those amusing fan competitions to decide the most suitable name for our "new" owner.

Anyone any good on Photoshop to see how this innovative idea might look in practise??

Major Major Major Major...
  • J BLOCK said:
    So according to some we’re now in phase two of the second consortium having a straight shot at completing the deal 
    How many phases are there? 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Yes, it does, sort of; Roland owns 90% of Staprix (10% owned by another person); Staprix owns Baton; Baton owns Charlton. I think...
    Staprix own what ever it is the spivs sold him. 
  • Ultimatum said:
    J BLOCK said:
    So according to some we’re now in phase two of the second consortium having a straight shot at completing the deal 
    As many phases as there are pages on this takeover thread
  • 1867, The foundation stone is laid for The Royal Albert Hall.
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe the Albert Hall was funded by private subscriptions originally. It meant subscribers were guaranteed their seats when they wanted them.

In the early days they used to put down a wooden floor above the seats in the main floor of the building, but two old ladies insisted on having their seats during the dancing, so two holes were cut out so as they could sit in the midst, heads poking out, to enjoy the swirl and tap of the dancers feet.
    The Albert Hall was the original location of my Alma Mater, and also TS Eliot's Choruses from the Rock were first performed/spoken/recited there.
    Wonderful place is the Albert Hall.
  • 1867 - The Second Reform Act enfranchised most of the urban working class. With hindsight this was probably a mistake. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Maybe,

4th group from middle European could now be having a quick run at it if @PragueAddick 's source is correct.

But that doesn't mean the Chinese and US/Indian/Aus group aren't still in it. No one has mentioned exclusivity.

Or Roland could just have messed it all up again by changing the price, demanding add ons, changing his mind about deadlines, refusing to disclose information that the buyers need, who knows? 

Duchatelet is irrational.
    Who are the 2nd group? 

In a weird way we almost have that situation already, as the network has died and in effect for 95% of the time we have an invisible owner. Roland sets the (meagre) budget with Bowyer and Gallen, and they run the show. Gallen in particular gets involved with negotiations that normally the owner or CEO would be in charge of, I can't imagine Roland or LDT having more than a token involvement with any of our signings so far
  • J BLOCK said:
    Maybe,

4th group from middle European could now be having a quick run at it if @PragueAddick 's source is correct.

But that doesn't mean the Chinese and US/Indian/Aus group aren't still in it. No one has mentioned exclusivity.

Or Roland could just have messed it all up again by changing the price, demanding add ons, changing his mind about deadlines, refusing to disclose information that the buyers need, who knows? 

Who are the 2nd group? 
    If I told you I'd have to kill you : - )

If we believe the narrative from the club then

1st Group  UK/Indian/Aussie

2nd Group Unknown British

3rd Group Unknown international (possibly Dalman)

4th Group new to the table since Wembley from middle Europe according to a source of @PragueAddick
  • J BLOCK said:
    Maybe,

Who are the 2nd group? 

The Cream
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Very elaborate and expensive conspiracy then. Do you also think the moon landings were faked?
    Not a pop at you airman - we all make mistakes. I want and hope a takeover happens asap - i want everybody to believe that as well so we can ride this promotion wave. I'm gonna ride it anyway and i genuinely think the current football management at the club will make a good fist of it but i have zero belief that a sale is imminent  
    My only point is that a large amount of money has been spent over the last few years and some serious players engaged in a process, as well as national and local media, all of which you seem suggest was simply a conspiracy to mount a pretence to mislead Charlton supporters for some unknown purpose.

It’s not remotely tenable as an argument and yet every time anything comes out we have people trying to link the story to trivial local events - such as a fans’ forum meeting or a sale of season tickets.

If you want to understand the chaos of dealing with RD and LDT just look at 1) RD’s relations with the EFL last season and 2) the contract negotiations with Bowyer (and that’s just the bits in the public domain).
    Do you really think his dealings with buyers are any more ordered and professional or that he is capable of a media strategy around the takeover? I wonder he manages to dress himself, personally.

All of this is so true. In which case, how on earth can any sale go through when the prospective buyers are dealing with someone who clearly leaves home every morning without taking his medication? Still think he'll be here when we kick off at Ewood Park. 

• Ultimatum said:
    J BLOCK said:

Don't worry, it will go to VAR for a final decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    only conclusion i can come to after 2 years of this originally completely incorrectly titled thread is that there was a complete change of strategy after relegation. This included 2 main changes: One was to ditch the network as a failed experiment. The other was to pretend that a takeover was imminent. Nothing else makes any sense. At this point, the pig headed will say nothing rd does makes any sense but that is because they aren't seeing through the bollox.  
    Very elaborate and expensive conspiracy then. Do you also think the moon landings were faked?
    Not a pop at you airman - we all make mistakes. I want and hope a takeover happens asap - i want everybody to believe that as well so we can ride this promotion wave. I'm gonna ride it anyway and i genuinely think the current football management at the club will make a good fist of it but i have zero belief that a sale is imminent  
    My only point is that a large amount of money has been spent over the last few years and some serious players engaged in a process, as well as national and local media, all of which you seem suggest was simply a conspiracy to mount a pretence to mislead Charlton supporters for some unknown purpose.

It’s not remotely tenable as an argument and yet every time anything comes out we have people trying to link the story to trivial local events - such as a fans’ forum meeting or a sale of season tickets.

If you want to understand the chaos of dealing with RD and LDT just look at 1) RD’s relations with the EFL last season and 2) the contract negotiations with Bowyer (and that’s just the bits in the public domain).
    Do you really think his dealings with buyers are any more ordered and professional or that he is capable of a media strategy around the takeover? I wonder he manages to dress himself, personally.

All of this is so true. In which case, how on earth can any sale go through when the prospective buyers are dealing with someone who clearly leaves home every morning without taking his medication? Still think he'll be here when we kick off at Ewood Park. 

It’s a shame Katrien isn’t around anymore ...
  • Latest I've heard is don't expect a takeover before the season starts.
  • Chizz said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Lots of people are very appreciative of the information and background you have been able to provide on this thread.  So, it's worth asking you - above all people - one, specific question.  Don't feel compelled to answer it if you don't want to, or if doing so breaches the confidences into which you have been taken.  But, if you can answer it, I think it will make a lot of people feel very much more assured. 

Are you still one hundred per cent confident that RD will have sold the club before the start of last season? 
    that was what was said at the time - another reason why i have come to this conclusion now 
  • Latest I've heard is don't expect a takeover before the season starts.
    There is always someone to piss on your 12 chips...
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

he set up a 'portal' with the lawyers with takeover info on - as i told you back when you were saying it was imminent and i was saying it wasn't - he's then detailed ldt to front stuff out and removed a big problem in meire - that ain't cost him much - i'm sure if he got a ridiculous offer he'd sell but i don't think he's in a hurry right now  
  • This thread has damaged me.  I now read the word takeover as take cover!

That looks like KM
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

he set up a 'portal' with the lawyers with takeover info on - as i told you back when you were saying it was imminent and i was saying it wasn't - he's then detailed ldt to front stuff out and removed a big problem in meire - that ain't cost him much - i'm sure if he got a ridiculous offer he'd sell but i don't think he's in a hurry right now  
    Are you say Meire was pushed out by RD or his people? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!