Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    So, the price "was" £33m. Then Douchebag added £7m on promotion or laid the responsibility for settling the £7m Directors loans to the buyer. Not sure which of these is true, but I don't think it's both. Is that the case?

Now the price is £50m? Is that another £10m up front, or is there £10m in add ons e.g. sell on clauses, to be paid in due course?

Does it really have to be this complicated?
  • CAFCBell said:
    I hate SJ but love how he just ripped into RD
    Why ? Because you are racist and don't like orange people. 
    Because a man who lived in Holmsdale Road as a kid supported his local club instead of Man united. ?
    Because he called Richard Murray a wanker when we all thought he walked on water at the time.
    Because he refused to go in the Birmingham boardroom because he said the owners at the time made money from wank books and dildos ? ( Sullivan and Gold)

Because he is a Nigel ?

Why Simon Jordan has fought our corner since he has had dogs abuse from the majority of Cafc fans over the years is a mystery to me. ?
    Because he said, at the height of the Murray-Jordan spat, that he would buy Charlton Athletic, just to close it down...
    Just like any discerning Cafc fan would do to Palace and Millwall, or in my case Chelsea if we could.
    SI would have nothing to good to stay about us if;

a) The Palace / Charlton rivalry had been relevant for the last decade.
    b) There wasn't an opportunity to get one over on Richard Murray
    c) The worst one. He and every Palace fan I know, didn't feel sorry for us.

Once RD has gone he'll go back to being a Nigel Twat in my eyes and I'll go back to being a #ClownTown wanker in his. We'll be out of this heinous parallel universe and back to the real world where all will be good and as it should be. 
  • clive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone know what time the charlton bit was on JW show?

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1562144400/1562149800/ conversation starts from about 06.minutes.
    Just listened to this clip as I refuse to tune into Talkshite and I have to say Simon Jordan speaks a lot of sense, shame we do not have someone so passionate about Roland's poor handling of the club inside the club speaking up for us.
    I've listened to it again, and I agree SJ speaks a lot of sense in this clip. He basically tells RD how he has 'messed up' and mentions that not only has he not been involved in the club, he isn't getting involved in the sale either!! He is honest also when he says he wouldn't want to be part of Charlton, and the club is not worth £50m. The other guest, Bob someone or other, mentions Chinese investors but I think just in the sense that they are out there, why wouldn't they buy a London club (paraphrasing). If LDT is doing the selling on RD's behalf he is doing a very crap job.
  • edited July 2019
    X
  • Davo55 said:
    So, the price "was" £33m. Then Douchebag added £7m on promotion or laid the responsibility for settling the £7m Directors loans to the buyer. Not sure which of these is true, but I don't think it's both. Is that the case?

Now the price is £50m? Is that another £10m up front, or is there £10m in add ons e.g. sell on clauses, to be paid in due course?

They’re both true.  One minute they had to pay 33 million with Roland settling the loans, the next minute they were told to settle the loans, adding £7m to the bill. 33 million became 40 million.
    Perhaps new bidders have come along, and he’s trying to get more now. That would preclude the Aussies, because they don’t value the club even at 40 million. 
  • edited July 2019
    nothing that Roland has done since his plague hit CAFC had suggested he has any sort of business brain---nothing.

Right at the start he put in Daisey who had never been in senior management let alone a CEO and in a profession she had no knowledge of. 
    He then gets rid of the SMT who might have been able to support Daisey --- assuming her massive ego would allow that of course
    Move forward to slagging off your customer base,not having a full time CEO,CFO. The small matter of totaly not understanding the product or its governing body.

Yes we all know he made his money in a different World (not Earth) but how the feck did he operate / manage ?

Clearly he is beyond any type of logic.

His every action makes it less likely to get anywhere near his absurd asking price.

Tragically for CAFC his ego has very very deep pockets.

• Hi @JamesSeed its the figure Simon Jordon mentioned when he was asked by JW what sort of figure RD was looking fro, on the radio this morning, when SJ said he knows one of the parties, what the deal structure is and he'd been 'invited' to be part of it.

Edit Please note I'm paraphrasing as was listening to it at work and trying to pick out the salient bits.
    which he got from yesterday's Standard.
    Wait?
    So SJ found out who one of the parties was, what the deal structure is and that he’d been invited to be a part of it from yesterday’s evening standard?
    How come we all missed these bombshells when we read it?

• Sponsored links:

• Since when has Jordan had a pot to piss in to invest in a football club, though he was financially ruined by the whole Palace thing?
  • edited July 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    Hi @JamesSeed its the figure Simon Jordon mentioned when he was asked by JW what sort of figure RD was looking fro, on the radio this morning, when SJ said he knows one of the parties, what the deal structure is and he'd been 'invited' to be part of it.

Edit Please note I'm paraphrasing as was listening to it at work and trying to pick out the salient bits.
    Wait?
    So SJ found out who one of the parties was, what the deal structure is and that he’d been invited to be a part of it from yesterday’s evening standard?

Mehmet Dalman was named in the Standard

£5Om was stated in the Standard.(the bit I was referring to).

Did he say he'd been invited or just that he could get involved? I haven't listened.
  • addick05 said:
    The more I read of the so-called takeover the more I believe that when the teams line up for kick off at Ewood Park on August 3, Roland will still own Charlton.
    Plot twist: Following a drunken night out after the game RD and the Venkys agree to swap clubs, 'for the bantz'.
  • Whoosh alert for Rothko.
    Still time to delete.
  • Whoosh alert for Rothko.
    Still time to delete.
    Meh, f**ks given, zero
  • I thought he would sell the club for £1and that it is The Valley and Sparrows Lane that were up for sale.  Promotion wouldn't have changed the value of the land.
    Roland in "Lie" shocker!!!
    I reckon he'd deny saying it an all, even though he knows everyone heard him and he knows there'd still be recordings of the interview somewhere, which makes him a pathological liar 
  • so is simon jordan  more itk than us???
  • Uboat said:
    addick05 said:
    The more I read of the so-called takeover the more I believe that when the teams line up for kick off at Ewood Park on August 3, Roland will still own Charlton.
    Plot twist: Following a drunken night out after the game RD and the Venkys agree to swap clubs, 'for the bantz'.
    Chicken + 28 chips ?

Sounds like a good swap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    Hi @JamesSeed its the figure Simon Jordon mentioned when he was asked by JW what sort of figure RD was looking fro, on the radio this morning, when SJ said he knows one of the parties, what the deal structure is and he'd been 'invited' to be part of it.

Wait?

Did he say he'd been invited or just that he could get involved? I haven't listened.
    I’m not interested in facts. 
    Facts have no place on our beloved takeover thread. 
  • CAFCBell said:
    I hate SJ but love how he just ripped into RD
    He's still an orange faced tw@t
  • Fumbluff said:
    Fumbluff said:

Wait?

I’m not interested in facts. 
    Facts have no place on our beloved takeover thread. 
    That's a fact
  • edited July 2019
    I don't like Simon Jordan's 'shape of the deal' comments saying he has been offered in and could own 'part' of Charlton if he wanted to. Suggest RD is trying to divide the the club, ground and training ground?
  • I don't like Simon Jordan's 'shape of the deal' comments saying he has been offered in and could own 'part' of Charlton if he wanted to. Suggest RD is trying to divide the the club, ground and training ground?
    How does that follow?
  • Fair enough. Depends how you interpret it I suppose. 
  • I don't like Simon Jordan's 'shape of the deal' comments saying he has been offered in and could own 'part' of Charlton if he wanted to. Suggest RD is trying to divide the the club, ground and training ground?
    Doesn’t suggest that at all... it clearly means he knows the consortium and could be part of it if he wished. A consortium is just that, they own ‘part’ of the business... 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!