Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Update is bollocks. RD has said he isn't involved in takeover talks, won't discuss figures, three interested parties, one very interested and hasn't walked away. 
  • Simon Jordan stating he knows "the shape of the deal" and if he wanted he could be involved and own a part of Charlton although he is t interested as he is a Nigel. 
  • Simon Jordon saying he could be part of the deal, he knows the deal and who  is involved!! £50m being asked for it seems.
  • JW says to SJ be part of the deal then...he says no he is a Palace man
  • Simon Jordan killing it again.
  • RD to JW: 3 parties interested, 1 seriously interested, I’m not personally dealing with it but it is being dealt with.

SJ: I know the shape of this deal and if I wanted to get involved I could. But only in a parallel universe of course.

SJ: I suspect they will get a deal done.

SJ was very critical of him.
  • edited July 2019
    I hate SJ but love how he just ripped into RD
  • Simon Jordan killing it again.
    Absolutely.
  • He suspects a deal will be done, but not at £50 m
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    It's a bit like buying a house.  

First, you choose the house you're going to buy.  Then, you negotiate a price with the vendor.  Then, the vendor turns out to be demonstrably bonkers.  So, you go to the Winchester, have a pint and wait for it all to blow over.  

Lovely house analogy Chizz.

When is your book:

Selling a football club for dummies coming out ?

• Sj talks a lot of sense for a nigel
  • I actually quite like SJ
    Scott Wagstaff or Danny Green?

Richard Murray or Simon Jordan?  :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Did SJ speak directly to RD or was it a pre-recorded love-in with Jim White?
  • 6.4m views
  • Did SJ speak directly to RD or was it a pre-recorded love-in with Jim White?
    RD wasn't on in any form. Sounded like a behind closed doors friendly call with just JW. 
  • Has the possibility occured to anyone that Roland doesn't actually own the club at all and it's this tiny legal detail that's holding up everything .

There were historic legal issues that the Aussies spent much spondulix on resolving way back when. I think you’re right, and this ownership issue dates back to the Jimenez era (as shown in the recent court case). 

• edited July 2019
    He suspects a deal will be done, but not at £50 m
    Where does £50m come from? 
    It certainly was £33m (or possibly £30m) plus £7m for directors’ Loans, depending on who settles these. 
    Unless it’s different prices for different buyers.
  • JamesSeed said:
    He suspects a deal will be done, but not at £50 m
    Where does £50m come from? 
    It certainly was £33m (or possibly £30m) plus £7m for directors’ Loans, depending on who settles these. 
    Rumours that Roland increased the price of the club upon promotion. Which actually in my opinion would be reasonable if the original price hadn’t been higher. Although it’s not as if he has contributed to any success and is not funding an appropriate Championship club. 
  • edited July 2019
    Hi @JamesSeed its the figure Simon Jordon mentioned when he was asked by JW what sort of figure RD was looking fro, on the radio this morning, when SJ said he knows one of the parties, what the deal structure is and he'd been 'invited' to be part of it.

Edit Please note I'm paraphrasing as was listening to it at work and trying to pick out the salient bits.
  • Hi @JamesSeed its the figure Simon Jordon mentioned when he was asked by JW what sort of figure RD was looking fro, on the radio this morning, when SJ said he knows one of the parties, what the deal structure is and he'd been 'invited' to be part of it.

Edit Please note I'm paraphrasing as was listening to it at work and trying to pick out the salient bits.
    which he got from yesterday's Standard.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!