Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ok so it sounds like Dalman is out of the running, same old with the Aussies, clearly want us but are looking for the right deal. Is there an information on who the other bidders are? Like any guesses to who they might be 
  • Ads reckons Robert Smith
  • The Mysterons
  • Ads reckons Robert Smith
    Is it not Boy George?
  • Ok so it sounds like Dalman is out of the running, same old with the Aussies, clearly want us but are looking for the right deal. Is there an information on who the other bidders are? Like any guesses to who they might be 
    Well I’ve heard Chinese. They are supposed to be shown round the training ground and The Valley this week. 
  • edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Assuming RD is introducing surprise outstanding debt or upping the price at the final hurdle, why does he think someone is gonna accept it, after essentially agreeing the full and final price at the start?

All this just makes me think that anyone who completes, accepting his ridiculous demands, ain't gonna be any better than him tbh
    That’s a kind of twisted way of looking at it. Anyone who completes will be completing based on the price and terms that they are happy with. If the price or terms aren’t agreeable they won’t do the deal.
    You always seem to be knocking. 
    Not knocking mate, just trying to understand, but any questions regarding the Aussies in the early days was always met with sarcastic replies. Since then there's  been other reasons why I'm personally more in favour of Dalman, but that ain't to say I personally wouldn't give any of em the benefit of doubt to begin with. It ain't a dig at you, GM, his oppos, or Australia the place
    Fair play. It’s just that saying they could be as bad as Roland is a massive insult, although I’m sure you didn’t mean it literally.  If I thought for a minute they’d be employing people like Meire and Driesen to run the club I’d be slagging them more than anybody. 
    I only wish they had Roland’s money. Literally had his money ;-)

• T_C_E said:
    _MrDick said:
    Just one thing .. glad i didn't get sucked into buying a season ticket
    So very close myself, but with the price rise next week it’s out of my remit. So now I don’t have a decision to make. 
    That's a pity because a £210 S/T equates to £4 a week.
    I reckon your dogs must be expensive (if you don't mind me saying).
    And they are like his kids, I don't know but I suspect he places their welfare above going to watch Football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    T_C_E said:
    _MrDick said:
    Just one thing .. glad i didn't get sucked into buying a season ticket
    So very close myself, but with the price rise next week it’s out of my remit. So now I don’t have a decision to make. 
    That's a pity because a £210 S/T equates to £4 a week.
    I reckon your dogs must be expensive (if you don't mind me saying).
    And they are like his kids, I don't know but I suspect he places their welfare above going to watch Football. 
    No doubt about that & good luck to him.
  • edited July 2019
    Bowyer will be working to the budget he has agreed. It may be too low but he knows how to do a deal. I want Duchatelet out, but he has to lower his demands and there has been no evidence of that other than somebody mentioning that a few pages ago he was willing to. In the meantime we have a great manager and my focus is on the business he does against the odds. If we are going to Belgium to protest, I'll be there though! I think under Bowyer, we can have a good season. Sadly when we do his stock will be even higher and we will lose him.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Ok so it sounds like Dalman is out of the running, same old with the Aussies, clearly want us but are looking for the right deal. Is there an information on who the other bidders are? Like any guesses to who they might be 
    Well I’ve heard Chinese. They are supposed to be shown round the training ground and The Valley this week. 
    Chinese has been mentioned in this thread fairly recently.

Prague suggested a European group.

The club only mentioned three parties in the fans forum update last week.

Could Dalman be backed by the Chinese group? Or the club didn’t mention a new 4th group for whatever reason?
  • Indeed, @MuttleyCAFC #OWWSOWP

• Right then, I'll start having a ganders 

• Sponsored links:

• Is Evergreen shipping containers Chinese? I worked on a refit their offices up next to Euston BR Station, they got a few bob 
  • Doubt shipping containers stay green given salt water they endure.
  • Is Evergreen shipping containers Chinese? I worked on a refit their offices up next to Euston BR Station, they got a few bob 
    Evergreen are Taiwanese. To President Xi that's Chinese, but Taiwanese to me  :)
    Evergreen are Taiwanese. To President Xi that's Chinese, but Taiwanese to me  :)
    Come say that in my office, you won't like the response you get, same for HK.

Sensitive bunch, haha.
  • Not good timing for Chinese investors.

Government highly sensitive about capital outflow, long running trade war with the USA unresolved, worrying macro-economic forecasts and large scale protests in Hong Kong.

Not to mention Brexit.
  • Who in their right mind would go into this now?

Roland has done a perfect job of deterring any potential buyers with just how torturous negotiations look, and just how utterly mad he comes across. 

If I was a non-supported looking to buy a football club, I would be crossing Charlton off my list. 
  • edited July 2019
    Has anyone considered that the deal may have actually been done and an embargo on announcing it? That new owners may be providing an improved player budget to LB.  That it’s not being announced as any player costs are likely to double if the selling club think new money is there!  Maybe a “glass half full” thought but not impossible...
  • @cafc-west Where is there any evidence of that
  • Chunes said:
    @cafc-west Where is there any evidence of that
    There is none.....just another suggested bizarre scenario.
    cafc-west has done what many of us have done over the last couple of years and thrown in a highly unlikely curve ball just to kick the day off in such a way that it will no doubt continue.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!