Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm sure there was a rumour a year ago that a Chinese consortium was being shown around the training ground. It's probably in this thread somewhere. 
    I'll have a quick look

Well?
  • I think Colin Powell was the first player to wear white boots.although they were black at start of match.why was he nicknamed paddy 
    To make him sound like a bookies 
  • Chizz said:
    "Cardiff Chairman Continues To Be Cardiff Chairman" 

In other news:
    Dog Bites Man, p3 
    Weather Not Quite As Nice Here In Cardiff As Some Other Places, p4 
    Local People Quite Enjoy A Good Old Sing-Song, p5 
    Rugby, p6, 7, 9, 11, 13-17 
    Ryan Giggs' Former Team-mate Takes Some Other Team To World Cup Semi-Final In Women's Football, p8 
    What's on pages 2, 10 and 12??
  • Uboat said:
    1860 - Giuseppe Garibaldi and his thousand redshirts conquer Sicily and Naples, creating the Kingdom of Italy.

Phew
    1861 - the Garibaldi biscuit launched by Peek Freans of Bermondsey. Named after the great man!
  • Uboat said:
    1860 - Giuseppe Garibaldi and his thousand redshirts conquer Sicily and Naples, creating the Kingdom of Italy.

Phew
    1861 - the Garibaldi biscuit launched by Peek Freans of Bermondsey. Named after the great man!
    GG's recipe though. He even made his own trousers. 
  • I’ve read every post on this thread since it’s inception. It’s been a delightful and informative read. I really feel I know what’s happening!!!
  • Does anyone remember when the Ex Arsenal guy was linked to us.  That was a fun 6 hours

• Sponsored links:

• irudd123 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Ok so it sounds like Dalman is out of the running, same old with the Aussies, clearly want us but are looking for the right deal. Is there an information on who the other bidders are? Like any guesses to who they might be 
    Well I’ve heard Chinese. They are supposed to be shown round the training ground and The Valley this week. 
    My source for this is actually normally pretty reliable. 
    Think someone (Reams) on the other forum said that it was Monday, and have already met RD in Belgium. 
    Fair enough. My info said ‘within days’. 
  • cafcwill said:
    Does anyone remember when the Ex Arsenal guy was linked to us.  That was a fun 6 hours

Nothing will ever beat the hysteria when the Zabeel rumours were kicking around.
  • Your right the Zabeel rumours were very exciting, we could of been the next Man City.
  • cafcwill said:
    Does anyone remember when the Ex Arsenal guy was linked to us.  That was a fun 6 hours

Nothing will ever beat the hysteria when the Zabeel rumours were kicking around.
    They weren't rumours, they were true.
  • The 3 year contract and paying money for Purrington suggests to me things are going on in the background.

This goes against what the owner has allowed in the past 12 months?
    If I had a penny for everytime someone has said that when we spent money on a player in the transfer window, I'd have enough to pay for Johnny Williams wages for the year. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Assuming RD is introducing surprise outstanding debt or upping the price at the final hurdle, why does he think someone is gonna accept it, after essentially agreeing the full and final price at the start?

All this just makes me think that anyone who completes, accepting his ridiculous demands, ain't gonna be any better than him tbh
    That’s a kind of twisted way of looking at it. Anyone who completes will be completing based on the price and terms that they are happy with. If the price or terms aren’t agreeable they won’t do the deal.
    You always seem to be knocking. 
    Not knocking mate, just trying to understand, but any questions regarding the Aussies in the early days was always met with sarcastic replies. Since then there's  been other reasons why I'm personally more in favour of Dalman, but that ain't to say I personally wouldn't give any of em the benefit of doubt to begin with. It ain't a dig at you, GM, his oppos, or Australia the place
    If that was me, my apologies. 
  • Your right the Zabeel rumours were very exciting, we could have been the next Man City.
    I agree we could have been if the money they had was real.

In reality we could have been in deep doo doo if the cash strings were pulled after the sale, fortunately it happened before.
  • Jim white spoke to spunkpuffin this morning & will reveal all in a few mins if u can stand tuning in that long for more drivel 
  • SX_Addick said:
    I’ve read every post on this thread since it’s inception. It’s been a delightful and informative read. I really feel I know what’s happening!!!
    I've skim read most of the posts on here and I really feel I know whats happening!!!...

... feck all!!! ;)
  • Someone on Facebook said there’s an update on TalkSPORT coming up. I assume it’s takeover related.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Someone on Facebook said there’s an update on TalkSPORT coming up. I assume it’s takeover related.
    Yes, it's a done deal, and imminent, as it was the other 20 times
  • Scoham said:
    Someone on Facebook said there’s an update on TalkSPORT coming up. I assume it’s takeover related.
    Mmmmm........ interesting.
  • Jim white spoke to spunkpuffin this morning & will reveal all in a few mins if u can stand tuning in that long for more drivel 
    More b0ll0x...
  • Scoham said:
    Mmmmm........ interesting.
    Lol, really, Jim White is a twat.
  • edited July 2019
    Someone bullet point what he said please? Can imagine its shite but like it to be confirmed. :wink:
  • Someone bullet point what he said please? Can imagine its shite but like it to be confirmed. 
    Still listening.. nothing as of yet. Recon it just drives the listeners up and it will only be a small comment on it ha.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Your right the Zabeel rumours were very exciting, we could have been the next Man City.
    I agree we could have been if the money they had was real.

In reality we could have been in deep doo doo if the cash strings were pulled after the sale, fortunately it happened before.
    And yet you left the 'your' 
  • I've been listening since 10:50 and still nothing unless it was from before then?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!