Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Solidgone said:
    Where’s Acworth when you need him 😉
    Last i saw he was on twitter announcing he's related to Henry VIII.
    Randy old Prince Hal sure fathered a load of bastards so that might just be one of Acworth's more likely tales. 
    It's more than just about everyone with some English ancestry is related to the royal family at some point.

Each generation produces 2 or 3, maybe 5 or 6 offspring, who then produced a number of offspring and so on and so on for five centuries by which time Henry VIII has literally millions of descendants.
    (Is there a face palm emoji?)
    pearls before swine
    comedy gold in a sense-of-humour vacuum 
  • Chizz said:
    It's a bit like buying a house.  

First, you choose the house you're going to buy.  Then, you negotiate a price with the vendor.  Then, the vendor turns out to be demonstrably bonkers.  So, you go to the Winchester, have a pint and wait for it all to blow over.  

Lovely house analogy Chizz.

When is your book:

Selling a football club for dummies coming out ?

Imminent.  Just waiting for Roland to finish proofreading. 
  • It must be SJ's mate RM :smile:
  • Chizz said:
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club.
    No-one is paying £60m-£65m up front.  Or anywhere close to that.  Roland may be utterly bonkers, but there is no way he would still be negotiating if anyone offered that.  He'd reach past LdT and rip Dalman's arm off for that amount. 

You can trust me on that.  And I know the square root of fuck all about what's going on.  
    So what is the square root of fuck all? 
    A shed load more than all but 2 or 3 posters have ever known about any of this at all.
  • edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    He suspects a deal will be done, but not at £50 m
    Where does £50m come from? 
    It certainly was £33m (or possibly £30m) plus £7m for directors’ Loans, depending on who settles these. 
    Rumours that Roland increased the price of the club upon promotion. Which actually in my opinion would be reasonable if the original price hadn’t been higher. Although it’s not as if he has contributed to any success and is not funding an appropriate Championship club. 
    That came from me. Price went up by £7m with Patrick’s winner. Despite promise not to raise the price.
  • Chizz said:
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club.
    No-one is paying £60m-£65m up front.  Or anywhere close to that.  Roland may be utterly bonkers, but there is no way he would still be negotiating if anyone offered that.  He'd reach past LdT and rip Dalman's arm off for that amount. 

You can trust me on that.  And I know the square root of fuck all about what's going on.  
    So what is the square root of fuck all? 
    A shed load more than all but 2 or 3 posters have ever known about any of this at all.
    Is "a shed load more than all but 2 or 3" a lot?  Or not very many? 
  • Hi @JamesSeed its the figure Simon Jordon mentioned when he was asked by JW what sort of figure RD was looking fro, on the radio this morning, when SJ said he knows one of the parties, what the deal structure is and he'd been 'invited' to be part of it.

Edit Please note I'm paraphrasing as was listening to it at work and trying to pick out the salient bits.
    which he got from yesterday's Standard.
    Not so sure @Henry Irving, he was talking about being offered a chance to be involved by 'whomever' and then was asked about price by JW. So I don't know if he got the figure from the ES or knew the figure from the bidders.
  • Sponsored links:

• You're right the Zabeel rumours were very exciting, we could have been the next Man City.

If Zabeel's owners hadn't got cautious, the mancs would have aspired to be the next Charlton Athletic.
  • PopIcon said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantasists!!! That sums up so many of these ITK numpties. 
    There’s only a handful worth taking notice of inc @Airman Brown @nth london addick @Redhenry @JamesSeed @PragueAddick
    @DOUCHER

Sadly these guys do not know what is going on regarding the takeover. 
    I know one who knows ‘something’ of what is going on......but no one knows the full story as there are a number of unknown scenarios that could take place following on from their current knowledge.

There's one person who should absolutely know every bit of every step of everything that's going on but tragically after 5 years bungling around with Charlton in the 2% of his time he imagines he spends on this thing in which he has no interest it remains patently obvious he doesn't know the first thing about any of it, changes what he says is happening, every time he says anything, even the loss of  millions upon millions of his own money registers not at all in his risibly deluded psyche.
    I'm sure nothing can happen with any change of ownership until the tombstone toothed twunt is dead, buried and out of the way for good.  That's not gonna help Charlton any.

I'd love it to be true that the cavalier crackpot was sold a crock of crud by the spivs, he deserves to have lost every cent of his €70+M, simply for not taking due care at the time.  Sure as eggs is eggs they sold him an absolute pup on the non-existent property scheme they'd failed to fob off on all sorts previously.  Greedy deceitful bigot reaping precisely what he sowed.  Sadly karma is just another loony superstition which also ain't gonna help Charlton any.
    I'd laugh my head right off if it turns out he just ponied up £18M as rent in advance and whichever spivvy crook Tony the tealeaf was fronting for still owns the whole shooting match through an impenetrable matrix of dodgily incorporated shells, trusts and vehicles.  Still won't help Charlton any.

It was a 3 for 2 deal.  How could he resist?  He still has to find a buyer for the Brooklyn Bridge and The Tower of London!
  • PopIcon said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantasists!!! That sums up so many of these ITK numpties. 
    There’s only a handful worth taking notice of inc @Airman Brown @nth london addick @Redhenry @JamesSeed @PragueAddick
    @DOUCHER

Sadly these guys do not know what is going on regarding the takeover. 
    I know one who knows ‘something’ of what is going on......but no one knows the full story as there are a number of unknown scenarios that could take place following on from their current knowledge.

There's one person who should absolutely know every bit of every step of everything that's going on but tragically after 5 years bungling around with Charlton in the 2% of his time he imagines he spends on this thing in which he has no interest it remains patently obvious he doesn't know the first thing about any of it, changes what he says is happening, every time he says anything, even the loss of  millions upon millions of his own money registers not at all in his risibly deluded psyche.
    I'm sure nothing can happen with any change of ownership until the tombstone toothed twunt is dead, buried and out of the way for good.  That's not gonna help Charlton any.

I'd love it to be true that the cavalier crackpot was sold a crock of crud by the spivs, he deserves to have lost every cent of his €70+M, simply for not taking due care at the time.  Sure as eggs is eggs they sold him an absolute pup on the non-existent property scheme they'd failed to fob off on all sorts previously.  Greedy deceitful bigot reaping precisely what he sowed.  Sadly karma is just another loony superstition which also ain't gonna help Charlton any.
    I'd laugh my head right off if it turns out he just ponied up £18M as rent in advance and whichever spivvy crook Tony the tealeaf was fronting for still owns the whole shooting match through an impenetrable matrix of dodgily incorporated shells, trusts and vehicles.  Still won't help Charlton any.

One of the greatest posts on this debacle. A fraudulent web of deceit might well exist. It's a bit like the UB40 band having millions of unaccounted for money, where top lawyers have spent years trying to work it out without success, or the Northampton Town FC disappeared council grant again of millions of £'s.

It also wouldn't help Charlton any but here's hoping the helmet has been well and truly done up like a kipper and he lives to discover the extent of it - might finish him off fingers crossed.
  • I actually quite like SJ
    Shows how far we've come. Once upon a time that might've attracted a flag or even a ban and a thread all of its own to discuss sanctions!!! He is saying all the right things to later come out as a closet Charltn fan 😀 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what time the charlton bit was on JW show?

• Ferryman said:
    The deal includes Roland has to go on Strictly Come Dancing.
    SEVEN would still need to be sorted with ex directors loans.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone know what time the charlton bit was on JW show?

I posted what I heard at 11:41 so the five mins prior to that.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone know what time the charlton bit was on JW show?

About 11.35
  • edited July 2019
    Swisdom said:
    The daft thing about this haggling over a price for me is fairly simple. - Roland is worth around one Billion.  He is haggling over £7m

So the equivalent for one of us is if we were worth, say, £100,000 - this is us haggling over £700

would you write off £700 to dispose of a business you are bored of, that is giving me a load of grief, thousands of people hate me, and is costing me £70 a month to keep it running.  And that is increasing.

I know I would
    But you're normal and rational (sort of :smile: ) but Duchatelet isn't
  • I thought he would sell the club for £1and that it is The Valley and Sparrows Lane that were up for sale.  Promotion wouldn't have changed the value of the land.
    Think SJ made this point this morning. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!