Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Really hope a takeover is done this month however I feel Roland is toying with us as revenge for the personal embarrassment he has suffered 

In business, if things don't work out you take a hit and move on at any cost if you can afford to, Roland can so there's absolutely no reason why this business shouldn't have been sold by now, he can lose 20-30 million no problem and walk away from the stress 

So my conclusion is either he's playing a sick game 

Or the potential buyers are the problem 

Reading his un outhadox statements on the os etc, to me he's a ducking rat playing a game 
  • To Nappa Addick,yes we did have a highly valued squad,but what was our outlay,this squad was assembled with great skill by Bowyer and his team,and was made up of some excellent loan signings,frees(Taylor was a masterstroke).Look what sunderland spent on Grigg,and for what,Cattermole earns 30000 + per week,so throwing money does not guarantee success.On a personal note i am afraid one of my pet gripes in life is what average footballers are paid,and I just wish that clubs would stand up to these players and refuse to pay over the top.we have just signed 2 very good league 1 players who are chomping at the bit to improve themselves,we have 2/3 young lads who debuted last year who I am sure will make the grade in the championship.I am the eternal optimist where charlton are concerned,and have every confidence we will,in spite of our owner,have a decent season.Best wishes thick and thin 63
  • Just a theory. Maybe the clean title bs is all down to Roland wanting to stuff a lot of the starprix debt on the assets? So he wants 33 million for the assets with his operating losses in secured debt. Hence all the noise with the ex directors loans.
    Another possible is that he wants security against further payments due. I.e. 33m upfront or £40m in installments but secured against the assets in case of non-payment which would also cover the director loans allowing free title once all monies paid? 

• J BLOCK said:
    It’s dead, I think we’re all clutching at straws to think it’s still alive 
    I’ve heard my wife say this quite a few times
    Does she poke it with a stick to check ?
  • Assuming RD is introducing surprise outstanding debt or upping the price at the final hurdle, why does he think someone is gonna accept it, after essentially agreeing the full and final price at the start?

All this just makes me think that anyone who completes, accepting his ridiculous demands, ain't gonna be any better than him tbh
  • Assuming RD is introducing surprise outstanding debt or upping the price at the final hurdle, why does he think someone is gonna accept it, after essentially agreeing the full and final price at the start?

All this just makes me think that anyone who completes, accepting his ridiculous demands, ain't gonna be any better than him tbh
    All this, plus he’s slagged off all current and future owners of Championship clubs as mad.

The man is clearly an idiot and how he has made any money in his life is beyond me.
  • 1857, Sheffield F.C the world's oldest football club is formed.
  • 3blokes said:
    The one and only pleasing thing I have taken from this thread in recent days is the admirable term ‘wankpuffin’ from AddickUpNorth.  ;)
    Well played, that man!  :)
    Old hat. It’s all about the “spunktrumpet” for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    3blokes said:
    The one and only pleasing thing I have taken from this thread in recent days is the admirable term ‘wankpuffin’ from AddickUpNorth.  ;)
    Well played, that man!  :)
    Old hat. It’s all about the “spunktrumpet” for me

Shit-weasel is the best one
  • Interesting that there is still nothing in the Cardiff press. You would think that it would be pretty hot news there.
  • Interesting that there is still nothing in the Cardiff press. You would think that it would be pretty hot news there.
    Can see the headline "Man walks all the way from Charlton to Cardiff"
  • Chizz said:
    "Cardiff Chairman Continues To Be Cardiff Chairman" 

In other news:
    Dog Bites Man, p3 
    Weather Not Quite As Nice Here In Cardiff As Some Other Places, p4 
    Local People Quite Enjoy A Good Old Sing-Song, p5 
    Rugby, p6, 7, 9, 11, 13-17 
    Ryan Giggs' Former Team-mate Takes Some Other Team To World Cup Semi-Final In Women's Football, p8 

If he’s officially withdrawn from the deal, as it appears to be said by the ES, then that’s a story for Cardiff fans 
  • 1857, Sheffield F.C the world's oldest football club is formed.
    Sussex cricket club must have been pleased. Opponents at last!
  • Roland is simply dangling us on a string, isn’t he?! I really can’t see an end to this while the old scrote is still breathing.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Something is going down!! Why would Roly sanction a fee plus 3 year deal for a player if he’s leaving? Is he staying? Is he gonna go and Dalman or other potential owner sanctioned it?
    Hmmm. that's puzzling me too, @CafcSCP.

Curiouser & curiouser....hopefully in a good way.
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    Something is going down!! Why would Roly sanction a fee plus 3 year deal for a player if he’s leaving? Is he staying? Is he gonna go and Dalman or other potential owner sanctioned it?
    I don't think there's any connection with the takeover. We have just over a month to put together a squad (including loans), we can't wait and see if a takeover goes through. Roland's not staying on the off chance Ben Purrington becomes a multi million pound player.
  • He's only given Purrington a three year deal to stop the protests about the takeover.

(This is what people say about any news near FF meetings)
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    CafcSCP said:
    I don't think there's any connection with the takeover. We have just over a month to put together a squad (including loans), we can't wait and see if a takeover goes through. Roland's not staying on the off chance Ben Purrington becomes a multi million pound player.
    Surely he doesn’t actually have to do anything! Why would he pay fees and not just tell bowyer to get a load of freebies like last season?
    if the numbers are right then he’s laid out 500k so far 
  • Come as cover on a lesser contract I'd guess.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Scoham said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Surely he doesn’t actually have to do anything! Why would he pay fees and not just tell bowyer to get a load of freebies like last season?
    if the numbers are right then he’s laid out 500k so far 
    Roland agreed a budget with Bowyer, it's up to him and Gallen what he does with it

No way would Bowyer have agreed to stay if he couldn't spend ANY money on transfer fees, with the number of players we've lost you couldn't build a squad based entirely on loans and freebies.
  • Come as cover on a lesser contract I'd guess.
    Uurgh, that’s a pretty sticky sort of cover.
  • Valley11 said:
    Chizz said:
    "Cardiff Chairman Continues To Be Cardiff Chairman" 

In other news:
    Dog Bites Man, p3 
    Weather Not Quite As Nice Here In Cardiff As Some Other Places, p4 
    Local People Quite Enjoy A Good Old Sing-Song, p5 
    Rugby, p6, 7, 9, 11, 13-17 
    Ryan Giggs' Former Team-mate Takes Some Other Team To World Cup Semi-Final In Women's Football, p8 

If he’s officially withdrawn from the deal, as it appears to be said by the ES, then that’s a story for Cardiff fans 
    Only if he was "officially" making a deal in the first place. 
  • Just chill 
    Can you give us anything NLA?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!