Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chizz said:
    I refuse to believe that the directors loans are stopping the sale of the club from going through. 
    The loans only total 7mil.and they don't need to be repayed until we reach the premiership. 
    I am convinced that something else is causing this delay. 
    Almost certainly Shitweasel at fault  
    I think it's slightly (but only slightly) more complicated than that.  

The £7m is in effect a first charge against the property.  If the £7m loan gets paid back, the charge goes away.  But Roland doesn't want to pay it.  

The buyers want clean title.  And they probably also want to defer certain tranches of payments, contingent on stuff like promotion, etc.  If Roland pays off the first charge, he would want his own first charge on the property to act as an insurance against not getting the additional payments.  

So, on the one hand, Roland doesn't want to pony up the £7m.  But, on the other hand, he wants there to be a charge (in his benefit) on the property, so that he can ensure he gets his later instalments.  

The buyers (whoever they are - maybe Dalman, maybe the Aussies, maybe the Chinese consortium that was named a few pages back) will want to defer payments where they can; they might be happy for Roland to have a charge on the property in order to "guarantee" the deferred payments, but they don't see why they would have to pay to get rid of the first charge.  (And why should they?) 
     Were they named? I don't remember seeing the name of their organisation?
  • If I were buying the club, I’d want it unencumbered even if I didn’t need to raise debt against the stadium, I might have to and why should I have my hands tied.

if Duchâtelet wants to have a similar charge for a portion of his debt, he can’t unless the current directors are paid out I think
    For me this is the far more obvious reason.
     I understand all of that.
    The Standard has misrepresented the former directors yet again.

As far as I'm aware , under no circumstance  can the former directors block a takeover for non payment of their existing loans. Everyone knows this. It's well documented.
    Then why did the Standard not state this alongside the usual bollocks from Roland that they somehow can in this latest report?
  • I've spoken to a well connected sports journo in Cardiff. 
    All I can say is he hasn't posted any copy in response to the Standard article.

• Chizz said:
    I refuse to believe that the directors loans are stopping the sale of the club from going through. 
    The loans only total 7mil.and they don't need to be repayed until we reach the premiership. 

The £7m is in effect a first charge against the property.  If the £7m loan gets paid back, the charge goes away.  But Roland doesn't want to pay it.  

The buyers want clean title.  And they probably also want to defer certain tranches of payments, contingent on stuff like promotion, etc.  If Roland pays off the first charge, he would want his own first charge on the property to act as an insurance against not getting the additional payments.  

So, on the one hand, Roland doesn't want to pony up the £7m.  But, on the other hand, he wants there to be a charge (in his benefit) on the property, so that he can ensure he gets his later instalments.  

The buyers (whoever they are - maybe Dalman, maybe the Aussies, maybe the Chinese consortium that was named a few pages back) will want to defer payments where they can; they might be happy for Roland to have a charge on the property in order to "guarantee" the deferred payments, but they don't see why they would have to pay to get rid of the first charge.  (And why should they?) 
    When you say slightly  🤔
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:

Were they named? I don't remember seeing the name of their organisation?

Mentioned, not named

• Valley11 said:
    I've spoken to a well connected sports journo in Cardiff. 

And his reasons for that are?
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:

This makes sense so is obviously bollocks 😉
  • Valley11 said:

You've tweeted at PauloAbbandonato? 

Anyway there's this from 4 days ago, not sure if posted 

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    a few people have tweeted at Paul now and he last tweeted about an hour ago, only a matter of time before he replies probably 
  • I think the Standard, or whoever fed them the story, has been a little economical with facts when it comes to the Directors loans. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the are a sticking point. But we know they can’t demand payment. They are passive viewers in this unless someone wants to pay them off early. If that’s the case, and they are paid off in full, again there’s nothing they can do but accept. 

This is all about the buyer wanting the loans cleared and Roland not wanting to pay in full. If the added rumor that he wants to secure his debts against some club assets is true, why would the Director’s take a haircut so that Roland can guarantee his payment in full. 
  • edited July 2019
    Valley11 said:

He can't speak English.

edit: beaten to it. Well played @s@"SoundAsa£"
  • 1855, The last groat is minted. We've got an old scroat who's_minted.
    Amended for you.
  • To Shine 166,its a bit sad when discussions cant take place without personal insults,still each to their own,luckily the majority of people on this site stick to voicing their opinions about football,and Charlton.
    Fair play, but the 'roland will probably back us now' stuff has been going on for years 
  • edited July 2019
    I think the Standard, or whoever fed them the story, has been a little economical with facts when it comes to the Directors loans. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the are a sticking point. But we know they can’t demand payment. They are passive viewers in this unless someone wants to pay them off early. If that’s the case, and they are paid off in full, again there’s nothing they can do but accept. 

This is all about the buyer wanting the loans cleared and Roland not wanting to pay in full. If the added rumor that he wants to secure his debts against some club assets is true, why would the Director’s take a haircut so that Roland can guarantee his payment in full. 
      Economical??
    If I was an ex director of be bloody fuming!

To a neutral it looks like those Charlton directors being awkward again.
  • If I were buying the club, I’d want it unencumbered even if I didn’t need to raise debt against the stadium, I might have to and why should I have my hands tied.

if Duchâtelet wants to have a similar charge for a portion of his debt, he can’t unless the current directors are paid out I think
    For me this is the far more obvious reason.
    Which one? Or both?
  • I don't believe the deal is dead, I think Dalman is trying to put pressure on Roland. Could be wrong, and maybe it's wishful thinking but think he will be involved in 1 or 2 twists yet. 
    That was my view.

Dalman leaked the £30m offer to the Standard in March and his name was first publicly linked there too a few weeks back.

Now this. 

Dalman seems to me to be happy to use the press to put pressure on Duchatelet or at least get his version of events out there.

It maybe dead and Dalman just gave someone the story.  Or maybe not.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    I don't believe the deal is dead, I think Dalman is trying to put pressure on Roland. Could be wrong, and maybe it's wishful thinking but think he will be involved in 1 or 2 twists yet. 
    That was my view.

Dalman leaked the £30m offer to the Standard in March and his name was first publicly linked there too a few weeks back.

Now this. 

Dalman seems to me to be happy to use the press to put pressure on Duchatelet or at least get his version of events out there.

I think the clock is ticking pretty quickly for Dalman though.
     Cardiff will want a commitment from him in the coming days I would think.
  • edited July 2019
    I don't believe the deal is dead, I think Dalman is trying to put pressure on Roland. Could be wrong, and maybe it's wishful thinking but think he will be involved in 1 or 2 twists yet. 
    That was my view.

Now this. 

I think the clock is ticking pretty quickly for Dalman though.
     Cardiff will want a commitment from him in the coming days I would think.
    Doubt he’ll still be trying to get a deal done in the future if it doesn’t happen this summer either. Unlike the Aussies.
  • edited July 2019
    Valley11 said:

I think he has tweeted him (Paul) and waiting for a response, that's it
  • I don't believe the deal is dead, I think Dalman is trying to put pressure on Roland. Could be wrong, and maybe it's wishful thinking but think he will be involved in 1 or 2 twists yet. 
    Worked for Bowyer! Perhaps Roland is one of those who only comes to his senses when he is walked out on. Or burning one of his buildings down.
  • Valley11 said:

4g down
  • Surely this game of playing one bid off against another is taking up more than 2% of Dushits time?
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

I think he has tweeted him (Paul) and waiting for a response, that's it
    Blimey you're an angry monkey @Braziliance

No, I hadn't tweeted Paul. A different source.

Genuinely I don't know why he hasn't posted copy. I suspect it's because the story isn't accurate. I'm trying to get more info. 
    Angry? Not really, just don't like the 'look at me I'm itk posts' with a lack of info. There's a whole fan base here desperate for good news so it gets on my nerves when posts aren't made clear regarding take over news.

What's the name of the journo? What do you mean by he hasn't responded? Because he can't or won't? 

If I knew something I would share it to the the finest details, why? Because if someone is willing to tell you what they know on this matter the odds are the information isn't that sensitive or other people will know anyway. If it was completely confidential information it would never be shared in the first place

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!