Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Last call for any lifers who still haven't done the 'Will Happy Valley start making up facts soon?' joke. By my count there are still seven of you and the window is narrowing. 
  • Lol....this is worse than Brexit!!
  • Roland hates his partner and kid(s) so much he's leaving the sale of Charlton to be concluded by them when he finally shuffles off in 2033. Who knows where we'll be by then, but I suspect a lower division, maybe even non league.
    I'm up for a visit to Flanders in a few months to see if we can find any of his relatives and try to talk some sense into them because sure as hell Roland isn't selling
  • rananegra said:
    Roland hates his partner and kid(s) so much he's leaving the sale of Charlton to be concluded by them when he finally shuffles off in 2033. Who knows where we'll be by then, but I suspect a lower division, maybe even non league.
    I'm up for a visit to Flanders in a few months to see if we can find any of his relatives and try to talk some sense into them because sure as hell Roland isn't selling
    I don't think they'll be keen to bite the hand that feeds them.
  • edited July 2019
    bobmunro said:
    CafcSCP said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Dalman couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline. 
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently. 
    Is this true, or was it the introduction of the extra £7m payable that they fell out over?
    Raising funds was the issue I’m hearing. Mind you, they could easily have fallen out over any number of things. Lol 
    I find it hard to believe someone as well connected or wealthy as Dalman couldn't find the funds.

Not saying you are lying James btw. I trust what you say just my opinion.
    Finding an additional 7m at short notice perhaps? 
    I'd be amazed if he didn't have the 33m quoted.
    Then accept the liability for the director loans, complete the deal, and then pay them off when the other £7m is available.

• edited July 2019

No way would you close a deal minus all of the money.
    I don't buy the fact that he couldn't raise the cash. You'd agree the deal in principle and complete when the rest is in place.
    Maybe Dalman has walked!! (to the bank to get the 7m  
  • edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently. 
    Is this true, or was it the introduction of the extra £7m payable that they fell out over?
    Raising funds was the issue I’m hearing. Mind you, they could easily have fallen out over any number of things. Lol 
    I find it hard to believe someone as well connected or wealthy as Dalman couldn't find the funds.

I think that a price may have been agreed between RD and Dalman, and the funds secured by Dalman. But then RD pulled the £7m needing to be payed on top of initial agreed price out the hat, meaning at that / this point, Dalman don't have enough to proceed. Causing them to fall out
  • edited July 2019
    The £7m is RD’s debt. Why would you want to pay that off for him when he has the money to clear it. 
  • 1852, Kings Cross Station opened.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    The £7m is RD’s debt. Why would you want to pay that off for him when he has the money to clear it. 
    I'm not saying it's right, just speculating at the current state of affairs
  • Solidgone said:
    Does RD want it paid off as any deals agreed involve leaving some of the debt to him? If the club goes into administration in future and the director loans are still there they’d be paid back ahead of him? Is that right?
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think that a price may have been agreed between RD and Dalman, and the funds secured by Dalman. But then RD pulled the £7m needing to be payed on top of initial agreed price out the hat, meaning at that / this point, Dalman don't have enough to proceed. Causing them to fall out
    Which happened to the Aussies too. 
  • I'm guessing this isn't the right moment for a highly amusing fish pun. 
    How amusing are we talking?
  • Lickspittle should have gone to the fans forum, his deal negotiation is demonstrably crap.
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Solidgone said:
    Does RD want it paid off as any deals agreed involve leaving some of the debt to him? If the club goes into administration in future and the director loans are still there they’d be paid back ahead of him? Is that right?
    If the existing charges are cleared then two shits would have a first charge for any debts he leaves with the new owners, assuming the debt was secured on the assets.

But I thought the £33m or £40m with the loans paid was leaving clean title. He can’t expect £33m and the outstanding debt to Staprix (c£68m I believe) staying with the club. That values the deal at £100m which is clearly lunacy.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I was waiting for that. How many months and investers ago was that?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:
    Solidgone said:
    If the existing charges are cleared then two shits would have a first charge for any debts he leaves with the new owners, assuming the debt was secured on the assets.

But I thought the £33m or £40m with the loans paid was leaving clean title. He can’t expect £33m and the outstanding debt to Staprix (c£68m I believe) staying with the club. That values the deal at £100m which is clearly lunacy.
    Doesn’t need to be all of the existing Staprix debt and in any case that £61m (2018) includes his purchase layout, so adding all of it would be double-counting.

Remember, LDT said one of the “agreed” deals included a further payment for promotion. There is no way he is going to leave that future payment as unsecured debt, IMO. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Which is what I was going to ask, because it's been my understanding that the Aussies have struggled with finance all along (based on what I picked up from here).  If RD is now looking at £40 - 50m again, surely that qualifies the Aussies out?  I could be wrong of course, it's pure speculation based only what I read on here.  Perhaps RD felt Dalman could and would want to pay that much, so he has one price for him, and another for the Aussies.  That would seem odd, as he'd want the best price possible, but maybe he knows the max the Aussies can offer and if he can't flog us to anyone else, he will go back to them as the default option.

Re; Dalman, if the Directors' loans have now come into the picture, would any of the Directors have been consulted on him/the offer by now?  How does it work?  Presumably if you are owed money (regardless of when it transpires you are owed money) and someone comes along and takes that debt off the person who owes you money, contractually/legally, surely you must be consulted?  (Apologies if this has already been covered)
  • Instead of 'taking out' Duchatelet (which would look a bit obvious), has anyone given any thought to having the ex-directors 'taken out', thus eliminating one (or seven) of the obstacles to a sale?

• Macronate said:

Instead of 'taking out' Duchatelet (which would look a bit obvious), has anyone given any thought to having the ex-directors 'taken out', thus eliminating one (or seven) of the obstacles to a sale?

Other than you, you mean?  No.
  • edited July 2019
    Macronate said:

Instead of 'taking out' Duchatelet (which would look a bit obvious), has anyone given any thought to having the ex-directors 'taken out', thus eliminating one (or seven) of the obstacles to a sale?

The charges as assets would form part of their estates. A lot of people!
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

The most consistent thing RD's ever done.
  • bobmunro said:
    Scoham said:
    Solidgone said:

I was more thinking along the lines of they might agree a price plus some of the debt remaining, rather than all of it.
  • 1848, Waterloo station is opened.
    I think the sale will go through when we get to 1905 to commemorate the birth of Charlton Athletic.
  • 1852, Kings Cross Station opened.

Then loads of Millwall turned up , looking for Pompey !!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!