Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Absolutely baffling how people still genuinely believe that the club is for sale.
    This is a game to him. It's payback for the protests.
  • Even Hibernian manage to find new owners and investment - Ronald Gordon
    Yeh but you'd get change back from a score if you bought Hibs.

We are on the market for about 90m by the looks of it
  • Finally something to update the bite size thread with. Mods had batter get cracking with that...
  • cafc-west said:
    So the director's loans are a problem - even according to Dalman, where it appears the Standard story has come from.
    I don't really understand why they need to be an issue here - they will get them paid on arrival to the premier league. It's up to the current owners if they want to pay them now or not surely?
    True they can be carried over.  But if Roland wants £50m and expects the new owners to then pay the £7m to the owed former directors if we ever get to the Premier League - then he is effectively asking £57m.  He needs to either pay off the directors in advance or reduce to £43m.
    I think he needs to pay off in advance or reduce to £23m personally if he is serious about selling
  • "investors struggled to get sufficient funds into the country before the team won the League One Play-off Final"

Airman, were you the source of this information on the Aussies or are you aware whether that is credible information or not?

I’m not the source on any of the story - I’m just able to fill in the blanks, for example to point them at Prague’s comments, supply the detail of the directors’ loans and to remind them of LDT’s minuted statement in April that the price would not change.

My understanding is that the Aussies still don’t have the money (to meet the higher price), but I didn’t give the Standard anything on their situation pre-Wembley.

We must have a different understanding of source. Contributing to the article in other words.

I was just interested in whether there was any credibility in the Aussies having the funds and good to go, but can't get them into the country in time angle, as it is (as far as i'm aware) the first time that's been said. i've been doubtful they've ever been that close.

• So the director's loans are a problem - even according to Dalman, where it appears the Standard story has come from.
    I don't really understand why they need to be an issue here - they will get them paid on arrival to the premier league. It's up to the current owners if they want to pay them now or not surely?
    True - then why does RD appear to be demanding that they're paid off now?
  • I just want it to be over :cry:
  • Sponsored links:

• "investors struggled to get sufficient funds into the country before the team won the League One Play-off Final"

Airman, were you the source of this information on the Aussies or are you aware whether that is credible information or not?

I’m not the source on any of the story - I’m just able to fill in the blanks, for example to point them at Prague’s comments, supply the detail of the directors’ loans and to remind them of LDT’s minuted statement in April that the price would not change.

My understanding is that the Aussies still don’t have the money (to meet the higher price), but I didn’t give the Standard anything on their situation pre-Wembley.
    You need to be careful here as Henry Irving won't be having this :-)
  • so is Andy Delort signing or not?
    No.  Still looks like a dick

We must have a different understanding of source. Contributing to the article in other words.

I was just interested in whether there was any credibility in the Aussies having the funds and good to go, but can't get them into the country in time angle, as it is (as far as i'm aware) the first time that's been said. i've been doubtful they've ever been that close.

It may have been something like the storyline in Gomorrah S4 where they had to get the ‘money’ into the UK in the form of a painted, solid gold statue of the Virgin Mary - and then had to have is smelted into ingots. 

That can’t be easy to arrange. 

Yeah - my guess is that this was the problem with the Aussies. 

It may have been something like the storyline in Gomorrah S4 where they had to get the ‘money’ into the UK in the form of a painted, solid gold statue of the Virgin Mary - and then had to have is smelted into ingots. 

....or they could just be Polo. 
  • Why is RD so desperate to get these director loans paid off right now?
  • bobmunro said:

"investors struggled to get sufficient funds into the country before the team won the League One Play-off Final"

If the money was there then the transfer of funds from anywhere in the world is pretty much instantaneous.

I smell bovine excrement. 
    It not being there would make it rather hard to get it into the country though.
    seems more like he's shifted his price by saying there will no longer be clear title, rather than insisting they be paid, thus increasing the price by the backdoor a little (7m)

....or they could just be Polo. 
    Well there's certainly a gaping hole in the middle of their finances 
  • Sponsored links:

My guess is because he wants to secure debt as a first charge against the assets in certain scenarios - hence the lower price being bandied around.
  • he doesn't want a second charge on the club behind the old Directors, that would imply stage payments and his way of protecting this going forward. Maybe he falls out with people and then does the deal the same evening, watch this space!
  • I think that is lazy journalism by the Standard.  I cannot see how or why RD can insist the £7m loans need to be paid, as doing so hinders a sale.  He can say that he isn't paying them, and they become the new owners liability but that is different entirely.

If find it unlikely that RD would publicly state the price wouldn't go up upon promotion and then hike it, even for his lunacy, seems extreme.
    Been around this loads of times. If the new owner wants or needs clean title eg to borrow money without recourse to existing creditors, then the Directors loans issue needs to be settled. How on earth can you think it unlikely Duchatelet wouldn't up the price because his gimp said it was fixed? He's a massive liar just like Meire and De Turck. This is the man who said the football club was worth nothing but can't justify the gap between the land value and his asking price. Property prices don't increase because the football club gets promoted. He is simply trying to rip as much money from any prospective buyer as he can, even if that means losing every potential buyer. The man is dense. 
    He's not. It's the new buyers who want this which is why Duchatelet is telling them they need to fund it.
  • I don't think the old bastard wants to sell the club, every time a deal looks close he puts the price up
  • Macronate said:
    As each prospective buyer comes and goes, the one common denominator in this entire debacle is...
    this thread
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!