Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That is a great find @I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY
  • Hang on, so on that basis its happening?

• On what basis, have I missed something else?
  • Nice to see all the positive attitudes towards our prospects next year.Throwing money at players is not always the answer(Sunderland,Portsmouth),good managers (Curbishley,Powell) can build teams without spending fortunes.We got up last year without spending,many people said we would get relegated.Get players in with a point to prove,and who want to play for the club rather than look only at what the wages are.I have a grudging respect for RD in not paying inflated wages,which the club cannot afford.( How many clubs are deep in trouble with massive wage bills that could cripple them if they do not make the promised land.)I still think that once the season is under way,given a decent start,crowds will return,and many (not all) clubs will fill out the away end.
    I'm just jumping to conclusions on any glimmer of hope I read on here if I'm honest
  • Don't blame you at all mate
  • Nice to see all the positive attitudes towards our prospects next year.Throwing money at players is not always the answer(Sunderland,Portsmouth),good managers (Curbishley,Powell) can build teams without spending fortunes.We got up last year without spending,many people said we would get relegated.Get players in with a point to prove,and who want to play for the club rather than look only at what the wages are.I have a grudging respect for RD in not paying inflated wages,which the club cannot afford.( How many clubs are deep in trouble with massive wage bills that could cripple them if they do not make the promised land.)I still think that once the season is under way,given a decent start,crowds will return,and many (not all) clubs will fill out the away end.

Well that expains where the 'Thick' part of your user name comes from 

Bit of a difference between not throwing money around and losing half your squad while offering the lowest wages in the league. 
  • I know I've said it before, but I just can't believe that RD ain't got one member of his team, a friend, family member, who hasn't told him that these offers are the best he's gonna get and to give his head a f****** good wobble, especially if he considers the losses he's making while it drags on. Obviously all just brown nose "yes" people, like DLT or whatever he's called. And it also shows what a distrusting, controlling stubborn w⚓ RD is
    I stick with my long held view that it’s not just about the money.
    If there ever were interested parties I think they’ve now missed the boat. RD’s got the right manager in place with the right people backing him and they’ve got a system that has worked once and will do again this season. The turning point was the contract deal with LB. everything changed then imo, it signalled that RD had bought into this season’s game plan. 
    You're literally insane.
    I’m on the right thread then
  • Sponsored links:

Modern professional football is inflated, every aspect of it. 

Do I feel better that Gallen and Bowyer are heading our recruitment drive thats an easy 100% yes.

Is our owner and there boss making there life easier, not at all. Cant see Bowyer wanting to overpay but just pay what he thinks they deserve to play for Charlton and play in the championship. 

Eventually the well will run dry and stop producing. He needs to go.

Bowyer and his team got us up. Not RD.
  • Everyone check out the latest standard article. Dalman talks have collapsed 
    I'm just jumping to conclusions on any glimmer of hope I read on here if I'm honest
    Or not
  • Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. 
  • Back to square one then... Starting to wonder if it will ever happen.  
  • So who is the consortium that can now have a chance to close the deal post today?
  • Sponsored links:

• If he can’t strike a deal with a geeza who’s got serious cash then who will he strike a deal with, which leads back to the original diagnoses that, we are not for sale.  Roland just fall down a lift shaft or sumin.
  • Bum
  • 1847, The Christmas cracker is marketed by Tom Smith.
  • What Duchatelet has (through good fortune) is a manager who may do something incredible. He is ensuring it has to be truly incredible by the amount of money he is willing to commit. But if Bowyer does well with a few loans, it is more than possible we can be up there challenging. The best way for Duchatelet to get his money back is to have us sniffing around the play off places come Christmas time. 
  • Shocked at this news
  • So it was Dalman as predicted and worryingly has walked away. Not convinced The Aussies have the money either so unless this new party acts quickly or we see a Bowyer style turnaround it looks like RD is still here for some time yet.

And why would RD be desperate to deal with Dalman when The Aussies remain waiting in the wings unless RD is desperate to sell on any terms now and that doesn't appear to be the case.

Hope is now fading unless the new party can make a deal happen.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!