Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I don't think I have ever hated anyone as much as I do RD, and that includes every mother in law I have ever had. 
    I hate Murray the most
  • I actually think that Roland may have changed his mind regarding selling the club. 
    Because it's fast becoming obvious he ain't going anywhere. 
  • So the director's loans are a problem - even according to Dalman, where it appears the Standard story has come from.
  • edited July 2019
    Jim White was telling us recently that we should be rejoicing because Duchatelet is desperate to sell. He doesn't act like a desperate seller though - putting the price up after promising not to suggests he is not as desperate as he wishes to make out!
    Jim White talks complete bollocks. Don't believe a word he says
    I hate to say it but he is either very badly advised or he’s deliberately making mischief.....I’d like to think it’s the former.
    Would be nice if he came on and said he was sorry for misleading us on several glaring occasions and explaining why he made such adamant, but latterly false statements.
  • 1848, Waterloo station is opened.
    Big fan of yours, but that's a shit fact for an epic year. 
  • "investors struggled to get sufficient funds into the country before the team won the League One Play-off Final"

Airman, were you the source of this information on the Aussies or are you aware whether that is credible information or not?

• Even Hibernian manage to find new owners and investment - Ronald Gordon
  • Why oh why doesnt Roland just put us in administration, I would be happy with that just to be rid of him.
  • FFS. Utterly deflated, even though I knew deep down it was too good to be true. 

Close the thread - we've got Roland forever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Top eight or ten and a potential buyer can sniff the Premier League. 
    If I start going out with a supermodel maybe more supermodels will want to hang out with me. 
  • It's just so utterly depressing.
  • So the director's loans are a problem - even according to Dalman, where it appears the Standard story has come from.
    I don't really understand why they need to be an issue here - they will get them paid on arrival to the premier league. It's up to the current owners if they want to pay them now or not surely?
  • edited July 2019

"investors struggled to get sufficient funds into the country before the team won the League One Play-off Final"

Airman, were you the source of this information on the Aussies or are you aware whether that is credible information or not?

I’m not the source on any of the story - I’m just able to fill in the blanks, for example to point them at Prague’s comments, supply the detail of the directors’ loans and to remind them of LDT’s minuted statement in April that the price would not change.

My understanding is that the Aussies still don’t have the money (to meet the higher price), but I didn’t give the Standard anything on their situation pre-Wembley.
  • Clutching at straws. Increase in asking price is one last gamble by Duchatelet and he might do as he do what he did with Bowyer once the other party has walked. 

Wont happen of course.
  • I think that is lazy journalism by the Standard.  I cannot see how or why RD can insist the £7m loans need to be paid, as doing so hinders a sale.  He can say that he isn't paying them, and they become the new owners liability but that is different entirely.

If find it unlikely that RD would publicly state the price wouldn't go up upon promotion and then hike it, even for his lunacy, seems extreme.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely even Roland is tired of this now? 
  • redbuttle said:
    I don't think I have ever hated anyone as much as I do RD, and that includes every mother in law I have ever had. 
    I hate Murray the most
    Sorry for the rebuttal but, I hate them in equal measures

• Surely even Roland is tired of this now? 
    I don't think he remembers what he had for tea last night so, to him, it a whole new experience every time he gets new interest
  • I'm not entirely surprised. Unlike the Aussies, Dalman isn't going to hang around all summer, he'll want a quick resolution one way or another so he can plan for next season either here or at Cardiff.

Being 5% optimistic, I'm not 100% sure it's completely off though. It's possible that this is his final attempt at bargaining with Roland, a leaked story to a newspaper is a lot different to an official statement say on the Cardiff City web site, and Roland knows that Dalman is his best chance of a quick sale.
  • 1849, The two shilling coin is introduced.
  • redbuttle said:
    I don't think I have ever hated anyone as much as I do RD, and that includes every mother in law I have ever had. 
    I hate Murray the most

Get the name right iceberg
    I don't really understand why they need to be an issue here - they will get them paid on arrival to the premier league. It's up to the current owners if they want to pay them now or not surely?
    True they can be carried over.  But if Roland wants £50m and expects the new owners to then pay the £7m to the owed former directors if we ever get to the Premier League - then he is effectively asking £57m.  He needs to either pay off the directors in advance or reduce to £43m.
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    I hate Murray the most

Get the name right iceberg
    Either that or don't take the piss. 
  • Absolutely baffling how people still genuinely believe that the club is for sale.
    This is a game to him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!