Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The Aussies will never get it over the line, maybe they'll walk away as well and Roland will be forced to fund another year 
  • Top eight or ten and a potential buyer can sniff the Premier League. 
  • Nice to see all the positive attitudes towards our prospects next year.Throwing money at players is not always the answer(Sunderland,Portsmouth),good managers (Curbishley,Powell) can build teams without spending fortunes.We got up last year without spending,many people said we would get relegated.Get players in with a point to prove,and who want to play for the club rather than look only at what the wages are.I have a grudging respect for RD in not paying inflated wages,which the club cannot afford.( How many clubs are deep in trouble with massive wage bills that could cripple them if they do not make the promised land.)I still think that once the season is under way,given a decent start,crowds will return,and many (not all) clubs will fill out the away end.
    The championship clubs will definitely fill the away end when they sense it will be a party and 3 points.  Relying on a superb management team is important but we will be playing some class teams this year - not Bradford's and Rochdale's.  Totally different league and we need a totally different owner. 
  • What Duchatelet has (through good fortune) is a manager who may do something incredible. He is ensuring it has to be truly incredible by the amount of money he is willing to commit. But if Bowyer does well with a few loans, it is more than possible we can be up there challenging. The best way for Duchatelet to get his money back is to have us sniffing around the play off places come Christmas time. 
    It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
  • What Duchatelet has (through good fortune) is a manager who may do something incredible. He is ensuring it has to be truly incredible by the amount of money he is willing to commit. But if Bowyer does well with a few loans, it is more than possible we can be up there challenging. The best way for Duchatelet to get his money back is to have us sniffing around the play off places come Christmas time. 
    Unfortunately I think that’s a fantasy. 
    I'm still clinging on to the hope that this is Lee Bowyer's Football Manager simulation and we're all living in it, though. Hopefully he can work miracles, eh...
  • To Shine 166,its a bit sad when discussions cant take place without personal insults,still each to their own,luckily the majority of people on this site stick to voicing their opinions about football,and Charlton.
  • I should say that the European group is in that story because Prague posted it on here, so while I have no reason to think it’s wrong - and in fact I pointed the Standard in his direction because I trust him on it  - the story is not of itself evidence that it’s right.
    So sorry I can’t read it all back but who has confirmed Dalman has walked? Or is it people talking on here and speculating that has resulted in this article in the standard 
  • Sponsored links:

• 1848, Waterloo station is opened.
  • Top eight or ten and a potential buyer can sniff the Premier League. 
    Yeah, but won't he just raise the price again??
  • edited July 2019
    cabbie8 said:
    I should say that the European group is in that story because Prague posted it on here, so while I have no reason to think it’s wrong - and in fact I pointed the Standard in his direction because I trust him on it  - the story is not of itself evidence that it’s right.
    So sorry I can’t read it all back but who has confirmed Dalman has walked? Or is it people talking on here and speculating that has resulted in this article in the standard 
    No, the Standard got the story from their own source, who is very likely to be Dalman or someone close to him. I couldn’t share it because it would have spoilt their story, but I subsequently heard from  elsewhere last night that Dalman and RD had fallen out.
  • Jesus fucking Christ.....its just total madness.
  • Jim White was telling us recently that we should be rejoicing because Duchatelet is desperate to sell. He doesn't act like a desperate seller though - putting the price up after promising not to suggests he is not as desperate as he wishes to make out!
  • To King Addick,i totally agree with most of your comments,but I have supported Charlton for 65 years and the supply from youth to first team has never dried up Kids will always come to Charlton because they know that they will if good enough get a chance.
    Rd has given Bowyer a budget,albeit a very low one,but as I said ,a good manager and team will find the players.How many Aribos  and Lookmans are out there playing Sunday Morning and lower league saturday afternoon football.These players are there to be found.Kinsella was playing for Colchester,look how he turned out.
    Who had heard of Beilick and Burrington prior to them coming to us,I personally think that despite the lack of funds we will do very well next year.

• edited July 2019
    He's never going to sell
  • edited July 2019
    I should say that the European group is in that story because Prague posted it on here, so while I have no reason to think it’s wrong - and in fact I pointed the Standard in his direction because I trust him on it  - the story is not of itself evidence that it’s right.
    And yet the Dalman bit about him walking is Airman? We are talking about The Standard here.
    We still haven’t seen ‘clear evidence ‘ that that is the case. i.e. a statement from Dalman himself or those representing him.
    Not saying it isn’t true.....only that as things are as of this moment, I’ve personally not seen anything to verify the claim......indeed, has anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• For me this part is interesting.  Maybe I'm too optimistic but this tells me it could just be sensationalist crap from The Standard

Whether Dalman can be convinced to revive his interest remains to be seen, 

• Jim White was telling us recently that we should be rejoicing because Duchatelet is desperate to sell. He doesn't act like a desperate seller though - putting the price up after promising not to suggests he is not as desperate as he wishes to make out!
    Jim White talks complete bollocks. Don't believe a word he says
  • To King Addick,i totally agree with most of your comments,but I have supported Charlton for 65 years and the supply from youth to first team has never dried up Kids will always come to Charlton because they know that they will if good enough get a chance.
    Rd has given Bowyer a budget,albeit a very low one,but as I said ,a good manager and team will find the players.How many Aribos  and Lookmans are out there playing Sunday Morning and lower league saturday afternoon football.These players are there to be found.Kinsella was playing for Colchester,look how he turned out.
    Who had heard of Beilick and Burrington prior to them coming to us,I personally think that despite the lack of funds we will do very well next year.

Just to clarify, the well drying up was eventually RD putting a halt to any transfer fee. Whilst Charlton have a fantastic academy as we know. It serves the team for a short while then we as a club are asset stripped. 

Granted there are good players out there and we have a great team in place to try and find them. However, when other clubs come in and offer that 1k more because our wage budgets only stretch so far....we will miss out. 
  • edited July 2019
    Swisdom said:
    For me this part is interesting.  Maybe I'm too optimistic but this tells me it could just be sensationalist crap from The Standard

No, it’s a hedge against them being used by Dalman to threaten RD and the story reversing the situation - as happened over the Bowyer contract. I can guarantee that the info comes from the Dalman camp.

Remember that it was the Standard he used to announce a £30m offer in March.
  • So it’s not really off then? Cawley has suggested similar
  • Swisdom said:
    For me this part is interesting.  Maybe I'm too optimistic but this tells me it could just be sensationalist crap from The Standard

No, it’s a hedge against them being used by Dalman to threaten RD and the story reversing the situation - as happened over the Bowyer contract. I can guarantee that the info comes from the Dalman camp.

Remember that it was the Standard he used to announce a £30m offer in March.
    That line makes it look like the whole story has been "placed" by Dalman - or those close to him - for exactly that reason, ie as leverage to get RD to see sense. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!