Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    so the price was 33m has he raised the price and expects the buyers to sort the loans or is it this that makes the raise? 
  • So I may have missed this being mentioned already, but the comment about loans being repaid immediately could that be Murray as Dalman doesn't want his involvement? 
  • This thread has got to end at some point, Happy valley can't go on forever!
  • I don't think there's any doubt he wants to sell, he's just not very good at it. Having failed at most things since we've become aware of him it shouldn't be a surprise that his negotiating tactics are so poor. 
  • edited July 2019
    So a price was supposedly agreed of 33m. But upon promotion he's somehow added more than 50% onto the asking price. Brilliant.

Said it before and i'll say it again, he'll be our owner until he accepts a reasonable price or until he dies. 
    If true, RD agreed £33M and he was supposed to repay the £7M ex-director loans.
    He then said he wasn't going to repay them, so effectively he upped the price to £40M, or less if any of the directors will take less than full repayment.
  • I think he wants out. 

Just trying to do it all without compromise to get the deal done. He is a stubborn old twat who has too higher opinion of himself. 

Until I see anything directly from Charlton or Dalman then I will live in hope that a deal can get done. Very faint hope I know!
  • The cretin keeps telling everyone how unattractive ownership is in the Championship because it's a money pit and yet he still thinks he can continue to up the price with prospective buyers. His massive arrogance is easy to confuse with being as thick as mince. 

I don't think the bloke can't be of sound mind, he can't be. 
  • bobmunro said:

"investors struggled to get sufficient funds into the country before the team won the League One Play-off Final"

Airman, were you the source of this information on the Aussies or are you aware whether that is credible information or not?

I’m not the source on any of the story - I’m just able to fill in the blanks, for example to point them at Prague’s comments, supply the detail of the directors’ loans and to remind them of LDT’s minuted statement in April that the price would not change.

My understanding is that the Aussies still don’t have the money (to meet the higher price), but I didn’t give the Standard anything on their situation pre-Wembley.

We must have a different understanding of source. Contributing to the article in other words.

I was just interested in whether there was any credibility in the Aussies having the funds and good to go, but can't get them into the country in time angle, as it is (as far as i'm aware) the first time that's been said. i've been doubtful they've ever been that close.

If the money was there then the transfer of funds from anywhere in the world is pretty much instantaneous.

I smell bovine excrement. 
    Would that include China ?
  • Scoham said:
    The owner of the forum that shall not be named has said Dalman’s interest is very much still alive. Also said someone told him the Standard article was inaccurate.
    Saw that too. The last standoff as per Roland/Bow? Here's hoping.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Dalman couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline. 
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently. 
    So are you saying Dalman is out or his takeover could still happen?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently. 
    Is this true, or was it the introduction of the extra £7m payable that they fell out over?
  • It’s all a game of poker and no one has any aces. No winners in this game ... Just sell the club and eff off you See You Next Tuesday 
  • Doesnt Dalman have connections with Chinese?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Dalman apparently couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline so is out. 
    Aussies waiting for Roland to see sense I think.  
    I hope they've got a nice, long book to read... 
  • 1851, The card game happy families is introduced
    Thanks @happyvalley that made me laugh!
  • _MrDick said:
    It’s all a game of poker and no one has any aces. No winners in this game ... Just sell the club and eff off you See You Next Tuesday 
    Like a game of poker but RD makes the rules up as it goes along
  • JamesSeed said:
    Is this true, or was it the introduction of the extra £7m payable that they fell out over?
    Raising funds was the issue I’m hearing. Mind you, they could easily have fallen out over any number of things. Lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if Dalman is playing Roly at his own game?
    Tough negotiator and if Roly thinks he's walked then he may be flexible on the deal.
    Roly on the other hand is sticking to the three parties are interested line hoping Dalman will bend.
    Stalemate ensues!!
    Wouldn't be surprised if this still gets completed.
    I'm not ITK obvs, but that's just the impression I get.
  • oldbloke said:
    Doesnt Dalman have connections with Chinese?
    Yes.  He owns/runs Envision Real Estate Capital Partners, which is a vehicle used for funding Chinese property speculators' acquisitions.  
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Raising funds was the issue I’m hearing. Mind you, they could easily have fallen out over any number of things. Lol 
    I find it hard to believe someone as well connected or wealthy as Dalman couldn't find the funds.

Not saying you are lying James btw. I trust what you say just my opinion.
  • 1851, The card game happy families is introduced

Lets all have a game now
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I find it hard to believe someone as well connected or wealthy as Dalman couldn't find the funds.

Finding an additional 7m at short notice perhaps? 
    I'd be amazed if he didn't have the 33m quoted.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Dalman apparently couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline I assume. 
    JamesSeed said:
    Dalman apparently couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline I assume. 

I don't think Roland has got any sense, so the Aussies are going to be waiting a lot longer
  • CafcSCP said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Finding an additional 7m at short notice perhaps? 
    I'd be amazed if he didn't have the 33m quoted.
    Then accept the liability for the director loans, complete the deal, and then pay them off when the other £7m is available.
  • my dog was very interested in a dismembered seal on our local beach in Norfolk, alls I needed was a couple of adders at it, and England would be equally as mental..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!