Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I read that as, if you want me to settle the debt now, I want paying thanks.

or I’m happy to keep the debt there indefinitely and get paid in full later if and when we reach the premiership like I signed up to Ta. 

or I’m happy to keep the debt there indefinitely and get paid in full later if and when we reach the premiership like I signed up to Ta. 
      That's not how it reads though is it?

It's being made to sound like the ex directors are holding things up individually.
  • Chizz said:
    1853, The first pillar box is erected in Carlisle.
    Stewards' enquiry: Trollope had nine installed in the Channel Islands in 1852. 
    In fairness, @happyvalley was only talking about the first one erected in Carlisle...
  • If Dalman really has walked how comes Cardiff City haven't put out a statement yet?

As far as they're concerned he was never 'in'. His statement a few weeks back dismissed the rumours and stated how he was fully committed to Cardiff so from their side, they probably don't feel like they need to issue one.

It's being made to sound like the ex directors are holding things up individually.
    That's what RD/LDT is telling the buyers though. It's conveyed in his statement on June 7th. It's why some of them were "threatened" with exposure that week.

As far as I know, Dalman hasn't even spoken to the three ex-directors supposedly causing a problem. Why should he? It's not his issue, it's RD's.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Dalman apparently couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline I assume. 
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently.
    Aussies waiting for Roland to see sense I think.  
    Thank you Shaw Taylor

That's what RD/LDT is telling the buyers though. It's conveyed in his statement on June 7th. It's why some of them were "threatened" with exposure that week.

As far as I know, Dalman hasn't even spoken to the three ex-directors supposedly causing a problem. Why should he? It's not his issue, it's RD's.
      Seems an odd thing to report considering you said the ES info has come from Dalman.

Sounds more like Murray twisting the knife.
  • Chizz said:
    1853, The first pillar box is erected in Carlisle.
    Stewards' enquiry: Trollope had nine installed in the Channel Islands in 1852. 

You leave Happyvalley's erection alone
  • 1854, The U.K. declares war on Russia so joining The Crimean War.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019

What an informative, educational and entertaining thread this is.

Long may it continue

#teamWIOTOS
  • bobmunro said:
    CafcSCP said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Dalman couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline. 
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently. 
    Is this true, or was it the introduction of the extra £7m payable that they fell out over?
    Raising funds was the issue I’m hearing. Mind you, they could easily have fallen out over any number of things. Lol 
    I find it hard to believe someone as well connected or wealthy as Dalman couldn't find the funds.

Not saying you are lying James btw. I trust what you say just my opinion.
    Finding an additional 7m at short notice perhaps? 
    I'd be amazed if he didn't have the 33m quoted.
    Then accept the liability for the director loans, complete the deal, and then pay them off when the other £7m is available.
    This. Does whoever buys the club need clean title from day one  ?? Just buy the f**king club & sort out the directors later. 
  • They can’t demand payment until the club reaches the PL
    That was my initial thinking. Who ever planted the story in the ES doesn't know the full facts. 
  • OMG I'M SO SURPRISED TO SEE A TAKEOVER UPDATE THAT IS NEGATIVE !
  • Has the possibility occured to anyone that Roland doesn't actually own the club at all and it's this tiny legal detail that's holding up everything .

Maybe Zabeel bought us after all, but kept it quiet...
  • edited July 2019
    They can’t demand payment until the club reaches the PL
    That was my initial thinking. Who ever planted the story in the ES doesn't know the full facts. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    VOTV a few of weeks ago.

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/9-6-ex-charlton-directors-respond-over-loan-claims/

I guess this doesn't account for the other 4? former directors stance.

Airman. Any idea how the other 4 see things?
    Any of them demanding repayment?
  • Has the possibility occured to anyone that Roland doesn't actually own the club at all and it's this tiny legal detail that's holding up everything .

I did bring that up about 600 pages, or more, ago.  I wouldn't supprise me at all if he didn't own everything he originally thought he did.  He didn't do proper DD and he was dealing with a bunch of con men 
  • razil said:
    my dog was very interested in a dismembered seal on our local beach in Norfolk, alls I needed was a couple of adders at it, and England would be equally as mental..
    But there weren’t, so it isn’t. B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Has the possibility occured to anyone that Roland doesn't actually own the club at all and it's this tiny legal detail that's holding up everything .

I did bring that up about 600 pages, or more, ago.  I wouldn't supprise me at all if he didn't own everything he originally thought he did.  He didn't do proper DD and he was dealing with a bunch of con men 
    But,but a qualified lawyer was working for him then....
  • If I were buying the club, I’d want it unencumbered even if I didn’t need to raise debt against the stadium, I might have to and why should I have my hands tied.

if Duchâtelet wants to have a similar charge for a portion of his debt, he can’t unless the current directors are paid out I think
  • Uboat said:
    1852, Kings Cross Station opened.
    So how did students get to Hogwarts before that?
    From Euston and changed at Leamington Spa.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!