Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So do we actually believe RD gave Dalman a deadline to get the funds together, but the Aussies have had two years to do the same and are still around? I don't buy it.
    I assume the deadline would have been Dalman's end
  • vffvff
    edited July 2019
    Promising for the future Charlton takeover falls down after Duchatelet unrealistic negotiation position wrecks the deal yet again. 😣

Will Charlton ever be rid of this idiot nonsensical business owner ?

Duchatelet appears to have no real intention of selling under anything but widely unrealistic terms that benefit him & anything positive ongoing for the health of the club is entirely incidental. 

• So do we actually believe RD gave Dalman a deadline to get the funds together, but the Aussies have had two years to do the same and are still around? I don't buy it.
    The problem is that neither does anyone else.
  • 1853, The first pillar box is erected in Carlisle.
    Scraping the barrel for news that year then. 
  • What if Roland partook in some brinkmanship. said get it done by x date or the price goes up as we are now in the league above as an attempt to try and hurry it along and the boat was missed? Seems like a theory that brings all the loose ends together...
    Stewards' enquiry: Trollope had nine installed in the Channel Islands in 1852. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Dalman apparently couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline I assume. 
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently.
    Aussies waiting for Roland to see sense I think.  
    Stand down, somebody has ordered a take away!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Dalman apparently couldn’t get the funds together in time for the deadline I assume. 
    Keep ‘em peeled at The Valley and training ground, as there might be some Chinese visitors apparently.
    Aussies waiting for Roland to see sense I think.  
    Think they'll be waiting a long time for that.
  • I'm guessing this isn't the right moment for a highly amusing fish pun. 
    Go on, throw another one on the Barbie.
  • So if Roland wants the £7M debentures he paid £11M for the club in 2014.
  • I still reckon that this £7m amount can be, and maybe has been, sorted out through negotiations (between RD and the buyers). I now think there's another amount that RD pulls out of his hat in the 11th hour, or the stage payments on future promotions etc, that have been mentioned, are a lot more than anyone realises.
  • Ferryman said:
    So if Roland wants the £7M debentures he paid £11M for the club in 2014.
    The general consensus is that he did the deal too quickly and didn't do proper due diligence - so didn't even know about the £7m debentures...
  • cafc-west said:
    Ferryman said:
    So if Roland wants the £7M debentures he paid £11M for the club in 2014.
    The general consensus is that he did the deal too quickly and didn't do proper due diligence - so didn't even know about the £7m debentures...
    Probably because his greedy eyes popped out of his head when the spivs told him our property had Kensington real estate values.
  • Dalmans walked.
    Told you all I am ITK. Worship me.
  • edited July 2019
    Dalmans walked.
    Told you all I am ITK. Worship me.
    I’m ITK too...Roland dances!

just drool...!
  • Fuck you Shitweasel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pudds said:
    What if Roland partook in some brinkmanship. said get it done by x date or the price goes up as we are now in the league above as an attempt to try and hurry it along and the boat was missed? Seems like a theory that brings all the loose ends together...
    Think you might be getting confused with season ticket sales.
  • 1852, Kings Cross Station opened.
    Thinks of a reply involving David Pleat, but then wonder if it's libellous...
  • By the time we ever get back to the premier League the £7m will be largely insignificant given the ever increasing prize money. Really don't see how it's an issue.

The other joke is that maybe RDs valuation wouldn't be as insane if we actually had some playing assets. Especially now in the championship given some of the transfer fees that are being paid.
  • Something odd going on here.
    2 very decent signings last week. Purrington for cash and possibly one other today.

If a takeover was close I would have thought a kind of self serving embargo would have been installed by Roland until it's done. Add that to the fact he hates our guts. I can see no reason for him to do anything that would aid us next season.

Has Roland got some sort of focus on next season?  He's clearly not interested in giving us away.
  • If Dalman really has walked how comes Cardiff City haven't put out a statement yet?

• Takes a lot longer than hour fifteen to walk from Charlton to Cardiff mate ffs
  •  club directors — technically termed ‘debenture shareholders’ — who are owed a total of £7m should the club reach the Premier League.

It is believed several of these individuals want payment to settle the debts now.

Is this right?

I always thought it was no Biggie for the former directors?

Or is one of them digging their heels in where one potential group is concerned and not the other group?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!