Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just seen your post on the bitesize thread, @Stig - it's really good.  You deserve a promote for that. 
  • PopIcon said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantasists!!! That sums up so many of these ITK numpties. 
    There’s only a handful worth taking notice of inc @Airman Brown @nth london addick @Redhenry @JamesSeed @PragueAddick
    @DOUCHER

Sadly these guys do not know what is going on regarding the takeover. 
    I know one who knows ‘something’ of what is going on......but no one knows the full story as there are a number of unknown scenarios that could take place following on from their knowledge.

While I have nothing against these guys, in fact I know at least two of them personally. There has already been lots and lots of incorrect information fed to us by them. While I appreciate that they are only the messengers, I will take anything takeover related with a pinch of salt.
  • PopIcon said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantasists!!! That sums up so many of these ITK numpties. 
    There’s only a handful worth taking notice of inc @Airman Brown @nth london addick @Redhenry @JamesSeed @PragueAddick
    @DOUCHER

Sadly these guys do not know what is going on regarding the takeover. 
    That’s true. People pass on snippets if they can.
    No one know what’s really going on, except RD, GM, MD & any other negotiating parties. But they only know about the progress with their own bids, (if those bids exist). GM didn’t know about the Dalman bid when I mentioned it. 
    #WhenIt’sOnBBC5Live
  • Chizz said:
    Just seen your post on the bitesize thread, @Stig - it's really good.  You deserve a promote for that. 
    Thanks very much, more than happy to accept ;-)
  • https://bit.ly/2Nrgl2J

Bolton takeover close to being completed

Hasn’t took 2 years for them to be sold.

Think this is the second takeover Bolton will have completed since this thread began.
    Plus an administration
  • Chizz said:
    Just a quick reminder: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.  So, if there are no reports tomorrow of the deal going through, that doesn't mean the deal hasn't gone through.  It just means there are no reports of it going through.  And that will be down to the NDAs still being in place.  

In fact, if there are no reports of the deal going through tomorrow, we should probably take it as confirmation that the deal has gone through.  

Unless it's officially denied.  In which case we can probably safely assume it's gone through, but the denial is just a smoke screen.  
    That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Christopher Hitchens 
  • 1844, The Royal Exchange is opened by Queen Victoria.
  • edited July 2019
    1844, The Royal Exchange is opened by Queen Victoria.
    Ex=no longer;
    change= a break in continuity, some thing different.

Does this mean that the takeover is off now?
  • Sponsored links:

• There's nothing special about the 30th June. But if I was buying a football club and had money to spend I'd want it done by the end of June or at the latest a few days later to allow time to meet the manager and allow him time to use the new funds.

It would be far less desirable to end up buying the club at the end of July and giving Bowyer £10m of extra transfer/wage budget then as you'd either be too late for your likely targets or you'd end up wasting the money on panic/overpriced buys which is what often happens at the end of windows.

I suspect Dalman and Prague's new buyers feel like this, and unless they can close a takeover soon will move on.
  • https://bit.ly/2Nrgl2J

Bolton takeover close to being completed

Hasn’t took 2 years for them to be sold.

They're not owned by a demented fool.
  • Cawley tweeting that nothing is close enough to report yet.
    Still a couple of stages to get through that are stumbling blocks with Roland maybe?? Not surprised though 
     Don't think that's strictly takeover related TBH.
  • Chizz said:
    Just seen your post on the bitesize thread, @Stig - it's really good.  You deserve a promote for that. 
    Totally agree - what we need is a vibrant bite size thread and @stig has just provided that. Promote material indeed.
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    Totally agree - what we need is a vibrant bite size thread and @stig has just provided that. Promote material indeed.
    I don't think a post every ten months is exactly vibrant.

Lives in the shadow of this thread.
     Don't think that's strictly takeover related TBH.
    Well it was in direct response to a question about the takeover so i’m guessing it was 
  • Get's a notification that the @Stig has commented on the Bite Sized thread, creamed my pants, the end
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    At last.  Some solid news.  "I don't know anything".
  • JamesSeed said:
    Remember when it was announced that each buying party had their own price? And that the price had been agreed with each party? I've always felt that this meant Aussies would buy the club and lease back the stadium and ground for something like £30M. Dalman apparently wants the whole club and thus would be paying closer to the £60-65M Roland wants, up front. In my opinion, this is why the Aussies are still in the running... Roland is willing to slice this any way that works. The price and terms have not changed because he was always over-charging and has not backed away from that in the slightest way, it's just that we are in a higher division. Roland is likely quite happy to have the Aussies because he gets to make a profit off hard assets and no longer has to worry about the club. To be very frank, if this turns out to be the case, selling to the Aussies could be a dark, not a bright, moment. I want Dalman.
    Where do you get these feelings from? Serious question. 
    First thing GM said to me, way back in the mists of time, was deal is ‘all in’.
    Any evidence that that has changed? If it has, he’s not mentioned it.
     £33m, all in. RD then told them to pay off the directors, which in the Aussies’ eyes, makes it £40m. I think they’ve been ‘negotiating’ that very high percentage increase in the price ever since. 
    Doesn't Napa just post his every random thought on here? Wouldn't even take it too seriously.
  • bobmunro said:
    Chizz said:
    I don't think a post every ten months is exactly vibrant.

Lives in the shadow of this thread.
    Come on Henners - you know I’m only joking.

We are too alike.
  • edited July 2019
    "Nothing was close enough to do that earlier" putting two and two together something happened today and the takeover will be announced tomorrow afternoon with Cawley having the exclusive interview with the new owners. 
    Two and two together as far as we are concerned equals 3.1415926
  • Can’t help but think deep down Cawley thinks charlton fans are strings.
  • "Nothing was close enough to do that earlier" putting two and two together something happened today and the takeover will be announced tomorrow afternoon with Cawley having the exclusive interview with the new owners. 
    I must admit thinking the same when I read that. "Nothing was close enough to do that earlier" is a rather strange way of saying it.  Why not just write "Still no news" or "No further developments since the last time I tweeted"? 
  • edited July 2019
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!