Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Addickted said:
    Known unknowns or unknown unknowns?
    You don’t know what you don’t know...

I know.
  • Where’s Acworth when you need him 😉
  • Uboat said:
    Agree, you would of thought Richard Cawley or the National’s would be getting some sniff of the Takeover, absolute silence.
    Hearing stuff and having enough to put it out are two different things.
    As we found out. 
    Fair comment and consequently both Rich and I are more cautious than we were.
  • Could all be a Red Herring!
  • Does anyone else get the feeling that, if something was imminent (in the next week sense of the word), something solid would've been leaked by now?

It just don't feel like anything is going on,  sorry
    Solids generally dont leak......liquids do. 
  • 1840, The world's first postage stamp the penny black is introduced.
    Just another 126 pages to go to England win the World Cup
  • I'm beginning to feel like one of those condemned people on Death Row; you know it's 'imminent' but the final day keeps getting further and further away.

• 1841, Kew Gardens first open to the public.
  • Can't wait for tomorrow now ! Be just like Christmas and yer Birthday rolled into one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Where’s Acworth when you need him 😉
    Last i saw he was on twitter announcing he's related to Henry VIII.

I thought he said Henry Irving
  • I assume the club don't have an pension scheme that could be under funded.  We know the only real long term employee doest have a pension.  His wife said so more than once. 

Is there any other long term investments investments/contingencies that they should have?  That may not be present in the values originally expressed?  I am not accusing RD of anything other than stupidity of not doing DD when purchasing any thing from a man with a season ticket at the high court that rips his friends of for a hobby. 

• the deal is off! 
    1st July was an obvious deadline for all parties and we haven't heard a whisper. 

Another season of this rubbish. 
    Not sure why the 1st or 2nd July is that relevant.  Yes player contracts end on 30th June, which is also the CAFC Financial Year end date.  To me the most logical deadline would be towards the end of July (at the latest) - giving any new owner until Thursday 8th August to sign-up new players (that, hopefully they have already identified and spoken too).   If we haven't been sold by then - it will be January (IMO) as any new owner would, surely, want some control/influence over the team.
  • So it's happening on the 31st July?
  • 1841, Kew Gardens first open to the public.
    I'm surprised they've never branched out. 
  • So it's happening on the 31st July?
    Might aswell wait for the first transfer window. See where we are in league and buy some new players 

🤦‍♂️
  • Does anyone else get the feeling that, if something was imminent (in the next week sense of the word), something solid would've been leaked by now?

It just don't feel like anything is going on,  sorry
    Solids generally dont leak......liquids do. 
    You better tell my arse that as it leaks solids every morning. Regular as clock work
  • Addickted said:
    Known unknowns or unknown unknowns?
    It’s also called “constructive ambiguity.”
  • bobmunro said:
    Worthy of at least consideration for a promote in my opinion!
    Y

You'd think so but just a LoL
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Randy old Prince Hal sure fathered a load of bastards so that might just be one of Acworth's more likely tales. 
  • So at what point can we add the Facebook 1st July kid onto the ITKBS list?  11:59pm? 
  • Related image
    Image result for Its never gonna happen gif
    Image result for Oh it just happened gif

Image result for Never happened gif
    This thread in GIF's
  • edited July 2019
    29th Feb - Confirmed Takeover Completion Date.

The key question is in which leap year?
  • Solidgone said:
    Randy old Prince Hal sure fathered a load of bastards so that might just be one of Acworth's more likely tales. 
    It's more than just about everyone with some English ancestry is related to the royal family at some point.

Each generation produces 2 or 3, maybe 5 or 6 offspring, who then produced a number of offspring and so on and so on for five centuries by which time Henry VIII has literally millions of descendants.
  • edited July 2019
    addick05 said:

I'm beginning to feel like one of those condemned people on Death Row; you know it's 'imminent' but the final day keeps getting further and further away.

Average time spent on death row is 9 years
  • edited July 2019
    Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    From a post over a year ago...He says "Agreement from 22nd Feb 2018, still stands".

RD recently said he wanted to honour the Aussie deal. Why is he so keen to deal with the Aussies..?

Got be more in it for RD somewhere down the line... #ClausesGalore.
  • Colin is saying £33m for everything.
  • edited July 2019
    Angel Dust saying Aussies only to buy part of the club with RD keeping the stadium and training ground.
    Anyone who pays £33M will be getting only part of the team. I've been saying this over and over since something like page 40. He ain't selling for £33M and writing off £30-40M. Not if the whole team is involved. I don't care whose sources say what. Let's see what actually transpires... if anything.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!