Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I know i shouldn't bite but wtf is going on here
  • _MrDick said:
    If this takeover gets announced either today or tomorrow, you can sponsor me to have  ‘I love Roland’ tattooed on my arse with the proceeds going to the UpBeats 
    Quoting this just in case.
  • Used to do summaries of this thread but got told by admin to stop or they'd remove all my 107 promotes.

Sorry but you can't fight the system.
  • 1838 John Henry Brodribb born, he changed his name to Henry Irving after becoming a Charlton supporter.
  • Sponsored links:

• 55,097 posts

A seat for every post we have now filled The Etihad Stadium.

Next target is The Emirates (60,260)
  • Uboat said:
    I doubt that the Tuesday deadline is actually a deadline. More like if it’s not done by then, Duchatelet will open the door to the new bidders to have a run at it. I think it highly unlikely we will hear anything this week.
    I predict that tomorrow this thread will be full of tweets from people we've never heard of saying, 'Dalman has walked', 'The Aussies have walked' etc.
    Aussies never walk (apart from Adam Gilchrist)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHhZb-cBKwc Stuart Broad is Roland, the Aussies are the Aussies.
  • It's not close because JW has not said anything today !
  • Used to do summaries of this thread but got told by admin to stop or they'd remove all my 107 promotes.

Sorry but you can't fight the system.
    You’re too late H. They have removed 106 of them already.
  • edited July 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    It's not close because JW has not said anything today !

The breakfast show had a 9am 'breaking news from JW' got all excited but it was just that big fat Frank wasn't at Derby today. 
  • Uboat said:
    I doubt that the Tuesday deadline is actually a deadline. More like if it’s not done by then, Duchatelet will open the door to the new bidders to have a run at it. I think it highly unlikely we will hear anything this week.
    I predict that tomorrow this thread will be full of tweets from people we've never heard of saying, 'Dalman has walked', 'The Aussies have walked' etc.
    I agree but " Dalman has run back to Cardiff "  and " The Aussies have crawled" would seem more apt as the time the latter have spent stationary.
  • cafcwill said:
    Uboat said:

You're not proper Charlton, unless you have 'walked'  taken the train from a takeover
    Fixed that for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there any actual evidence that Dalman has ducked out? Wondering if I've missed something..
  • Could we have the bite size takeover thread back please, it takes so long to find the posts that give any info.
    In reality there's very little actual "info" as virtually everything that has happened has gone on behind closed doors, so that what we are hearing varies from guesswork and speculation to uncorroborated news usually leaked by one side.

All interesting, but hardly the gospel
    Meaningless comment to be honest, which assumes there is an ultimate objective source of truth when even the official website is a partial source which has been used by the owner to propagate lies.

It’s a messy business partly because of the inconsistency of the parties involved but over the last 21 months a great deal has come out through leaks and contacts, from the identity of interested parties to the fact the process was going on in the first place. The involvement of Andrew Muir, Keith Harris and Mehmet Dalman, for example, have never been confirmed by the club, yet they are all well known. Ditto the ex-directors’ position, the offers on the loans, and the prices quoted.

The whole takeover process will make a very interesting article/book after it's happened and someone can look back and unpick the facts from the froth (and fish puns). It's the difference between traditional news and journalism, and 24 hour news where you're constantly looking for new facts and jumping on any new development that seems important.

In reality the extraordinary thing is how little we know about what's happened in the last 2 years. The members of the Aussie consortium, and why they've got nowhere after 2 years yet are still trying to take over the club. Karl Robinson jumped ship FIFTEEN MONTHS ago as he thought the takeover was about to happen and he would be replaced...
    All you’re saying there is that the internet allows non-traditional sources to publish information too - there are big articles in mainstream media about the Aussies taking over a year ago and they weren’t sourced on here.

We do know the shape of most of what has gone on and much more than we would have done without the internet, but less than we would if we were based in a one or two club provincial city with better resourced media who were in a stronger position to challenge the club. 
  • razil said:
    Is there any actual evidence that Dalman has ducked out? Wondering if I've missed something..
    Didn't know be had, or have I missed something?
  • Could we have the bite size takeover thread back please, it takes so long to find the posts that give any info.
    In reality there's very little actual "info" as virtually everything that has happened has gone on behind closed doors, so that what we are hearing varies from guesswork and speculation to uncorroborated news usually leaked by one side.

All interesting, but hardly the gospel
    Meaningless comment to be honest, which assumes there is an ultimate objective source of truth when even the official website is a partial source which has been used by the owner to propagate lies.

It’s a messy business partly because of the inconsistency of the parties involved but over the last 21 months a great deal has come out through leaks and contacts, from the identity of interested parties to the fact the process was going on in the first place. The involvement of Andrew Muir, Keith Harris and Mehmet Dalman, for example, have never been confirmed by the club, yet they are all well known. Ditto the ex-directors’ position, the offers on the loans, and the prices quoted.

The whole takeover process will make a very interesting article/book after it's happened and someone can look back and unpick the facts from the froth (and fish puns). It's the difference between traditional news and journalism, and 24 hour news where you're constantly looking for new facts and jumping on any new development that seems important.

In reality the extraordinary thing is how little we know about what's happened in the last 2 years. The members of the Aussie consortium, and why they've got nowhere after 2 years yet are still trying to take over the club. Karl Robinson jumped ship FIFTEEN MONTHS ago as he thought the takeover was about to happen and he would be replaced...
    All you’re saying there is that the internet allows non-traditional sources to publish information too - there are big articles in mainstream media about the Aussies taking over a year ago and they weren’t sourced on here.

We do know the shape of most of what has gone on and much more than we would have done without the internet, but less than we would if we were based in a one or two club provincial city with better resourced media who were in a stronger position to challenge the club. 
    We are not talking about a takeover by one plc of another plc where there are statutory reporting obligations. A private company being sold to an individual or consortium has no such obligations and consequently rumour, half truths and outright guesses are the order of the day.
  • I want to feel comfortable enough to buy season tickets this week.
  • razil said:
    Is there any actual evidence that Dalman has ducked out? Wondering if I've missed something..
    Someone said it a few pages back
  • 1819, Queen Victoria born.
    Wasn’t she just plain old Victoria then?
    Nope, she was plain old Alexandrina 
    Surely it was Posh?
  • razil said:
    Someone said it a few pages back
    And that somebody was a nobody.
  • edited July 2019
    1838, Henry Irving born. Not the famous one who instigated this wonderful thread, this one was an actor.
    1858, Henry Irving starts the takeover thread
    2017 Henry Irving III inherits the takeover thread.
  • 848 new posts on absolutely nothing.

You guys can certainly talk the hind legs of a Duchebag, are any of you Politicians?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!