Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2019
    I'd summarise:-

1. Murphy has agreed a price, has the funds to buy, but not to fund a decent budget going forward, so is still looking for investors.
    2. Dalman ditto above but is confident (rightly given his connections) he can bring people on board further down the road. He is Tuesday man
    3. Post Wembley newbies, if Prague knows them, are unlikely to be Chinese and, we hope legit. These are post-Tuesday boys.
    4. Chinese consortium may be as figment of RDs imagination, given that countries economic stumble and state clampdown on export of large sums of capital.

• The club is not for sale.
  • edited June 2019
    Am I right ?

There is one bidder that is very close to closing the deal and that bidder is Mehmet Dalman. Duchatelet has told Dalman that he wants the deal concluded and has set a deadline date for that to happen on Tuesday 2nd July. Should that deal not be concluded by the deadline, then he has told another bidder that has come to the party since the Wembley win that they will then be given a short period of time in which to conclude a deal.

The Australian Consortium have not gone away but are not involved in the scenario above.
    It's more likely Cardiff/Dalman need a decision asap.
    Dalman telling RD he has until Tuesday to accept or decline his offer.
    If decline he walks away.
    I would think on past form RD is likely to decline and continue to wait for the Aussies or a n other.
    We are told the Aussies have the money and have agreed a price, but are still stood frozen at the check out.
    Is it though. That can’t explain why a second group not the Aussies will be given a short time to close a deal. That wouldn’t be within Dalmans / Cardiff’s gift. That could only come from Duchatelet. 

I conclude that Duchatelet is now very keen on getting this done and is now applying pressure. Sounds to me that the Aussies bid is perhaps less advantageous for Duchatelet and is becoming a back stop deal. 

I think we are close. Would love to know who group two are. 
    Because the Aussies are offering a worse deal than the unknown 2nd party ?
    Well it now seems that Dalman is in a strong position to win should he wish. The new bidder seems ahead of the Aussies as well and could win if the Dalman bid falters and they can get things done in ‘a short period” whatever that means. It’s unclear to me at least, why the Aussies are not being mentioned in this scenario unless of course everyone has it wrong and it’s not Dalman at all but Muir and Co.

To me it appears that the Aussies have either put in place their final offer and won’t or can’t change it which RD would accept if the other two bids come to nothing. Would be happy to hear other theories.

Edit : It could also be that what Prague has heard isn’t true.
  • On a less important matter I just hope people don't get excited about it being Tuesday and then get down or angry or start pointing the finger when there isn't an official announcement on the OS.

We all want a takeover, we're all frustrated that it's not happened as yet but let's remember other fans are not the enemy or to blame. 

Blame lies 100% with Duchatelet.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

#WIOTOS
    So I need to get a refund on the pitcchfork I got at B&Q?
  • looking forward to another "deadline" tomorrow
  • The defence looks fairly fishy to me. Bit of a gap in the middle

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Halibut Lennon (signing from Southend)
    Chris Sole-y

who can help with midfield

• Swisdom said:
    The defence looks fairly fishy to me. Bit of a gap in the middle

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Chris Sole-y

Jon Fortuna would have been better. And you forgot Mark Fish
  • Am I right ?

There is one bidder that is very close to closing the deal and that bidder is Mehmet Dalman. Duchatelet has told Dalman that he wants the deal concluded and has set a deadline date for that to happen on Tuesday 2nd July. Should that deal not be concluded by the deadline, then he has told another bidder that has come to the party since the Wembley win that they will then be given a short period of time in which to conclude a deal.

The Australian Consortium have not gone away but are not involved in the scenario above.
    I would think on past form RD is likely to decline and continue to wait for the Aussies or a n other.
    We are told the Aussies have the money and have agreed a price, but are still stood frozen at the check out.
    Is it though. That can’t explain why a second group not the Aussies will be given a short time to close a deal. That wouldn’t be within Dalmans / Cardiff’s gift. That could only come from Duchatelet. 

I conclude that Duchatelet is now very keen on getting this done and is now applying pressure. Sounds to me that the Aussies bid is perhaps less advantageous for Duchatelet and is becoming a back stop deal. 

Well it now seems that Dalman is in a strong position to win should he wish. The new bidder seems ahead of the Aussies as well and could win if the Dalman bid falters and they can get things done in ‘a short period” whatever that means. It’s unclear to me at least, why the Aussies are not being mentioned in this scenario unless of course everyone has it wrong and it’s not Dalman at all but Muir and Co.

To me it appears that the Aussies have either put in place their final offer and won’t or can’t change it which RD would accept if the other two bids come to nothing. Would be happy to hear other theories.

Am I right ?

Or may be that if the deal isn’t completed the other group have asked for exclusivity for a short period .
  • Swisdom said:

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Chris Sole-y

Are you sure that is i n the right section? We had Tamer Tuna anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• On a less important matter I just hope people don't get excited about it being Tuesday and then get down or angry or start pointing the finger when there isn't an official announcement on the OS.

We all want a takeover, we're all frustrated that it's not happened as yet but let's remember other fans are not the enemy or to blame. 

#WIOTOS
    If it's not done by Tuesday

HappyValley will be working overtime on this thread
    Thread views increase by a few thousand
    Seat for every post we'll probably nearly have filled The London Stadium

Silver linings and all that, HI.
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Swisdom said:

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Chris Sole-y

Jon Fortuna would have been better. And you forgot Mark Fish
    Mike Salmon or Sardine Kiely in goal?

• Swisdom said:

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Chris Sole-y

“Flag”
  • Scoham said:
    If there is movement from Duchatelet on price, that is always more significant than news of a buyer. The club has to be priced at a level people a willing to pay. 
    If you believe NLA then the price has dropped.

Price did drop, but not sure where the price has been over the last year or so. I suspect the price has halved (at least) over that time, but is still high. 
  • Why would anyone bid to buy Charlton, you would make an offer and if it was unsuccessful move on .
  • Yes,they would look eelswhere. A team in Whales maybe? 
  • 1835, James Pratt & John Smith are hanged outside Newgate prison.They are the last men executed for committing buggery.
  • I still think there is only one likely scenario as to how this all plays out.  The monumental genius that is Roland has controlled the game, from his lair in Belgium, moving pieces into place, dropping hints and rumours, holding back details, threatening, cajoling and pleading, all to one end.  Selling the club.  

And, throughout that process, I have slowly begun to realise how his mental stability has shifted, over time.  So, I can now see only one end-game.  One, obvious conclusion.  We should all have been able to see this coming.  I am glad I have finally been able to work it out.  It's clear to me now, how Roland's sale of Charlton will end up. 

When the negotiations are all played out, the contracts signed, the money exchanged and all the paperwork settled with the football authorities, there's only one thing that's likely.  Roland, instead of selling Charlton, will have accidentally bought some other club as well.  
  • edited June 2019
    I think it will be more like Rodney Trotter buying the same broken lawnmower engines back, that no one wanted in the first place after going it alone with Mickey Pierce.

Our new owner will be no other than Mr Rodney Charlton Duchatelet
  • Sponsored links:

#WIOTOS

the only flaw with "When its on the official site" is that we have an owner prone to commandeering said site for tirades, rants and mind games.

Would not surprise me one iota to log on here one morning at 9am...see a link to the O/S  proclaiming "Charlton sold to billionaires football lovers and the future has never been brighter....the subsequent jubilation and joy on here before a tweet from Cawley at midday stating its completely false and no one at the club having a scoobie what's gone on before Duchatelet posts another message on the O/S at 6pm simply stating "LOLZ".
  • Swisdom said:

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Chris Sole-y

Hake Forster-Caskey

• Swisdom said:

Dillon Filletts In goal

Ben Purringtuna
    Naby Sark
    Chris Sole-y

Hake Forster-Caskey

Jake F-oyster-Caskey
  • The best thing is to stay away from this thread for a few days, and wait til it’s on BBC5Live :-)
  • It seems to me that if the dragging out of the takeover is coming down to valuation by Roland, the likely situation given what we know of him, that potential owners at some point in the not-too-distant future would simply suspend their offer and wait until the end of the upcoming season to see if we stay up.
    The last thing a new owner wants is to buy a club and then go down their first year. If a new owner cannot bring in new players it wants and instead is handed a club that has lost talent in the transfer market, then why take the chance? My fear is that if we don't get a deal announced by the end of the transfer window, then it won't happen until we have proven we are staying up. Which means close to another year.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!