Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• What about football clubs?

Fortuna Düsseldorf
  • edited June 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Looks like an Easter Island statue 🗿 

Who does, @Off_it?
  • Tamer Tuna has been shamefully missed
  • So is today the day?...

(no of course it’s not)
  • First of July..

Is today finally the end. 

Fingers crossed
  • Tamer Tuna has been shamefully missed
    Zzzzz
  • I never know if 12pm is noon or midnight. Either would be fine though. 
  • First of July..

Is today finally the end. 

Fish Fingers crossed

• Sponsored links:

• If there is an announcement on Tuesday, it will be 5..ish.
  • Let's hope there is some good  news soon.

Some of the fees being banded about for experienced available players look ridiculous. 

Really happy with Aneke and Lockyer but we need more depth and an uplift in budget could provide this. 
  • What a coincidence if the takeover happens on page 1905 🏆
  • Richard J said:
    Let's hope there is some good  news soon.

Some of the fees being banded about for experienced available players look ridiculous. 

Really happy with Aneke and Lockyer but we need more depth and an uplift in budget could provide this. 
    Ermm......sorry, this thread isn’t for sensible discussion Richard......it’s fish puns only all the way.
  • 1837, following the death of William IV his niece Victoria ascends to the throne.
  • 1837, following the death of William IV his niece Victoria ascends to the throne.
    A Woman who longed to pull Prince Albert.
  • I doubt that the Tuesday deadline is actually a deadline. More like if it’s not done by then, Duchatelet will open the door to the new bidders to have a run at it. I think it highly unlikely we will hear anything this week.
  • Sponsored links:

A Woman who longed to pull Prince Albert.
    Allegedly she did, many times, many, many times...

(with apologies to Betty Marsden)
  • The takeover will never happen whilst Roland holds all the daces.
  • You just know that tomorrow evening will come and nothing will have changed. 
  • Ferryman said:
    cabbles said:
    On a less important matter I just hope people don't get excited about it being Tuesday and then get down or angry or start pointing the finger when there isn't an official announcement on the OS.

We all want a takeover, we're all frustrated that it's not happened as yet but let's remember other fans are not the enemy or to blame. 

Blame lies 100% with Duchatelet.

Keep your eyes on the prize.

#WIOTOS
    I think this is the best approach to take and well worth remembering on a periodic basis.  Personally, I don’t get too excited or too down when whatever or whoever’s piece of potential news comes in and nothing happens, not because I don’t I don’t pay credence to what they say or what they have been passed on, but because I always have to remind myself, it’s RD we’re dealing with here.

Everyone on here who comes forth with info, be it Seed, NLA, Doucher or whoever, is just sharing something of potential significance.  If you choose to get too attached to that piece of info, knowing how much of a bell end RD has been, you’re going to be disappointed.  

I believe it’s closer now than it ever has been, because of RD reneging on his derisory offer to Bowyer and increased rumblings on here.  I have reservations about the Aussies as I don’t think they have the money long term, as perhaps the deal would’ve been done by now (I accept there’s numerous factors I don’t know about, so could be wrong).

I continue to welcome all contributions from anyone who thinks they might know something, but take each with a big pinch of salt because of 5 years of association with RD.  
    The irony that some of the fish pun posters criticise the contributions from the likes of Seed, Doucher, NLA etc.
    And people who criticise the fish pun merchants, will gladly and with gusto shout fiiiiissssssshhhhhhhh at the big screen at the valley.

I'm pleased I have the copyright on Cavihahaha and Craby Sarr being hooked at HT by our Fishing loving Manager.

I agree the fish puns are the rough sleepers on the Sale of Charlton thread But for most of the 1837 pages there has been No News, 
    Nothing to report, blankety blank, nowt, 
    This thread wouldn't have got in the Guinness hook of records without the meagre 5 loaves and 2 fishes to feed the news starving CL members.

Mehmet Dalman or John Dory ?

• I predict nothing today with a few fish puns and a hopeful sense that tomorrow will be the day.

Come five tomorrow I predict mass squabbling and ITK finger pointing, we go again in January.

In Bowyer we trust.
  • Uboat said:
    I never know if 12pm is noon or midnight. Either would be fine though. 
    Noon 
  • I doubt that the Tuesday deadline is actually a deadline. More like if it’s not done by then, Duchatelet will open the door to the new bidders to have a run at it. I think it highly unlikely we will hear anything this week.
    I think that's a deadline mate
    I think that's a deadline mate
    True but not in the sense that if Dalman (?) doesn’t complete then he’s out.
  • Could we have the bite size takeover thread back please, it takes so long to find the posts that give any info.
    In reality there's very little actual "info" as virtually everything that has happened has gone on behind closed doors, so that what we are hearing varies from guesswork and speculation to uncorroborated news usually leaked by one side.

All interesting, but hardly the gospel
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!