Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Because I can’t be arsed to try an read this thread 

please could someone answer me..... the takeover happening? Are we any closer to anything happening? and is it likely that it will be completed this week? 

Simple YES or NO

please 
  • edited June 2019
    Gumbo said:
    Because I can’t be arsed to try an read this thread 

please could someone answer me..... the takeover happening? Are we any closer to anything happening? and is it likely that it will be completed this week? 

Simple YES or NO

please 
    No

IMHO
  • Do people now really believe we are on the verge of a sale? 

If it happens next week (I say this very lightly) I hope we have a celebrational party at the home game pre season lol 
    Well it's likely in the next few weeks or not until the next transfer window.
  • If there is movement from Duchatelet on price, that is always more significant than news of a buyer. The club has to be priced at a level people a willing to pay. 
  • If there is movement from Duchatelet on price, that is always more significant than news of a buyer. The club has to be priced at a level people a willing to pay. 
    If you believe NLA then the price has dropped.
  • Gumbo said:

Simple YES or NO

please 

No...……..from me for what it is worth.

• Sponsored links:

• It is the last day of June.
    Looks 80% like a NO to me.
  • Gumbo said:

Simple YES or NO

please 

I can't be arsed to answer
    But you could be arsed to reply 
  • Am I right ?

There is one bidder that is very close to closing the deal and that bidder is Mehmet Dalman. Duchatelet has told Dalman that he wants the deal concluded and has set a deadline date for that to happen on Tuesday 2nd July. Should that deal not be concluded by the deadline, then he has told another bidder that has come to the party since the Wembley win that they will then be given a short period of time in which to conclude a deal.

The Australian Consortium have not gone away but are not involved in the scenario above.
    You could be right but with this whole process, nobody knows apart from a select. Some have said that Cardiff have given Dalman a Tuesday deadline to get it sorted. But who knows. I don't know, I haven't got a scooby doo about what's going on. My philosophy is that nothing's happened until it's on the CAFC website. It ain't holding my breath for Tuesday ... Damn this thread 
  • edited June 2019

Simple YES or NO

please 

There have been a lot of rumours (see last few pages on this thread) about an Austrian group being interested. I've heard that Arnold Schwarzenegger is providing the money. He's been given next Tuesday as a final deadline to finalise the deal. His answer to Duchatelet was, "I'll be back!". Sorry, I can't go into more details here, so you will have to be patient for a couple of days.

And the Worst Dad Joke of the Year award goes to...
  • @Gumbo

Is something happening? Yes

Does it mean this is 100% the last we hear of RD? No
  • Chizz said:
    Am I right ?

There is one bidder that is very close to closing the deal and that bidder is Mehmet Dalman. Duchatelet has told Dalman that he wants the deal concluded and has set a deadline date for that to happen on Tuesday 2nd July. Should that deal not be concluded by the deadline, then he has told another bidder that has come to the party since the Wembley win that they will then be given a short period of time in which to conclude a deal.

The Australian Consortium have not gone away but are not involved in the scenario above.
    That's about half right.  But no-one knows which half.  
    What we do know is...we all want this takeover done prawnto...👍
  • Chizz said:
    Am I right ?

That's about half right.  But no-one knows which half.  
    What we do know is...we all want this takeover done prawnto...👍
    With the transfer window closing in early August the chances of the takeover going through this summer are shrimping by the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Gumbo

Is something happening? Yes

Does it mean this is 100% the last we hear of RD? No
    Oh joy.
  • Am I right ?

It's more likely Cardiff/Dalman need a decision asap.
    Dalman telling RD he has until Tuesday to accept or decline his offer.
    If decline he walks away.
    I would think on past form RD is likely to decline and continue to wait for the Aussies or a n other.
    We are told the Aussies have the money and have agreed a price, but are still stood frozen at the check out.
    This sounds the most likely because despite thinking Dalman future was untenable at Cardiff maybe he is so good at his job that Tan is prepared to forgive him his courting of a new club and being the main man at Charlton but like all dynamic successful people, Tan and Dalman both want answers from Duchatelet, so they can move on or get the deal done.
    Sorry Jimmy, but the Aussie just can't be in this Dynamic bracket or they would have sensed the Helmet wobbling ( what an image !) and pounced. I have never meet high flyers who will sit on their hands for this long without getting their own broker in or forcing Roland hand by giving a deadline day. 
    Don't know the folk involved or am ITK but have known successful businessmen and women and they don't wait for ever, they have other deals and irons in the fire. They wouldn't let an eccentric old duffer or bluffer like Duchatelet call the shots without forcing his hand or setting a time frame.

Now back to CL members ITK.
  • You could be right but it doesn’t stack up.
  • You have to admire Gumbo who has taken it to the nth degree by actually having a fish pun user name.

The rest of you, bar Fish and Fiiiish, are lightweights.

• Am I right ?

It's more likely Cardiff/Dalman need a decision asap.
    Dalman telling RD he has until Tuesday to accept or decline his offer.
    If decline he walks away.
    I would think on past form RD is likely to decline and continue to wait for the Aussies or a n other.
    We are told the Aussies have the money and have agreed a price, but are still stood frozen at the check out.
    Is it though. That can’t explain why a second group not the Aussies will be given a short time to close a deal. That wouldn’t be within Dalmans / Cardiff’s gift. That could only come from Duchatelet. 

I conclude that Duchatelet is now very keen on getting this done and is now applying pressure. Sounds to me that the Aussies bid is perhaps less advantageous for Duchatelet and is becoming a back stop deal. 

I think we are close. Would love to know who group two are. 
    Because the Aussies are offering a worse deal than the unknown 2nd party ?
  • You have to admire Gumbo who has taken it to the nth degree by actually having a fish pun user name.

The rest of you, bar Fish and Fiiiish, are lightweights.

I am to Koi to have a fish name.
  • Perhaps RD has given the Aussies an exclusive until Tuesday.  Special knockdown rate, once in a life time offer, take it or leave it,  but the price goes back up at 00:01 on Wednesday and Charlton go back on the open market. 

Meanwhile the Aussies have been going round Earls Court looking for donations, busking on the tube on the (round and round) circle line and placing their dollars at the bookies on the cricket. :smile:  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!