Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ok.. my source is a proper Charlton fan and an investment banker in the region. His role is as intermediary, finding potential buyers, under his professional remit but for minimal fee. He's a fan. He tried to come with a consortium when RD bought, but came too late, Slater turned them away. He has had no contact with Red Bull, AFAIK, they are deffo not his current buyer

@CAFCSayer Interesting that you chucked Kretinsky in! My mate Vincent, who came with me to Wembley, is a mad Sparta fan, who loves to share Kretinsky horror stories and mull over who is worse, The Kretin or the Helmet. Sparta fans have been volubly protesting for ages (@ElfsborgAddick bears witness to that). A few months ago Vincent gleefully shared a Czech rumour that Kretinsky (who has energy sector interests in the UK) was interested to buy an English club and Leeds and Charlton were in the frame.

However my investment banker buddy, a pragmatist, has professional access to both Kretinsky and Petr Kellner, the richest Czech bizman, who currently doesn't own a club, but who was linked as a possible buyer of Chelsea. What he learnt is that both see a football club as a trophy asset, an ice-breaker in discussions about their main businesses. And with the best will of the world, Charlton's current status does not really fit that bill.

Thanks to Vincent I could offer you loads of lurid stories about Kretinsky, some of  which show weird parallels with RD. But rest assured, he is not in the frame. The latest, as a taster, is that he is studying for UEFA badges.You can imagine why he thinks he needs them...

the en masse walkout I witnessed was spot on, what a feeble apathetic effort for us against Middlesbrough.

We could have learnt a lot from these guys.
    Because we were winning.  I am not saying you do, or me, or most people on this board, but the MAJORITY of fans only care about results on the pitch.  
    No-one cares ONLY about the results on the pitch.  
    Yes they do.  The fact that 100%, of a sample size of a few thousand, does doesn't mean no one doesn't. 

Roland was a twat we were losing games = protests.

Roland, still a twat, we are winning games = no protests.

Even on this forum there is talk of protests if there is a hint we might loose some games.  If we had been bottom after 5 games last season, and all other things had been equal, there would have been protests.

The boycott is no where near as big as people would imagine reading this forum, the fact is a lot have people have better things to do with their time and money than watch better than average league 1 football.  If that's not the case why will we sell many more season tickets this season than last?

Remember this is an echo chamber with a few 100 people accounting for about 80% of the posts.  Not a representative of, I guess, 50 thousand people that would identify as Charlton fans. 
    Absolute bull****! Look at the missing 5k.

However, we could have gone down to zero gates and the Belgian would not be influenced, he has too much money.

Oyston only went because of a legal wrangle.

@eaststandmike @LargeAddick boycott due to a principle of not giving this person ANY more money.

We are ALL CHARLTON FANS at the end of the day.  We should not be fighting each other.

That's my point though, the missing 5k aren't all actively boycotting.  The ones that come on here and say they are are. Fair play to them. There are also many more that just don't go.  If you have a group of friends that are die hard Charlton you probably know some that are boycotting, over the years you have seen others just drift away.  League 1 football makes the latter more appealing.

Your speaking from your bubble mate and I respect your stance.  I went to zero home games last season (the first time since 1986), my dad 1 and my brother 1.  We had 3 season tickets for nearly 20 years.  None of us are boycotting. 
    You missed some of the best football for years.
    How badly are you missing the point?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ok.. my source is a proper Charlton fan and an investment banker in the region. His role is as intermediary, finding potential buyers, under his professional remit but for minimal fee. He's a fan. He tried to come with a consortium when RD bought, but came too late, Slater turned them away. He has had no contact with Red Bull, AFAIK, they are deffo not his current buyer

@CAFCSayer Interesting that you chucked Kretinsky in! My mate Vincent, who came with me to Wembley, is a mad Sparta fan, who loves to share Kretinsky horror stories and mull over who is worse, The Kretin or the Helmet. Sparta fans have been volubly protesting for ages (@ElfsborgAddick bears witness to that). A few months ago Vincent gleefully shared a Czech rumour that Kretinsky (who has energy sector interests in the UK) was interested to buy an English club and Leeds and Charlton were in the frame.

However my investment banker buddy, a pragmatist, has professional access to both Kretinsky and Petr Kellner, the richest Czech bizman, who currently doesn't own a club, but who was linked as a possible buyer of Chelsea. What he learnt is that both see a football club as a trophy asset, an ice-breaker in discussions about their main businesses. And with the best will of the world, Charlton's current status does not really fit that bill.

Thanks to Vincent I could offer you loads of lurid stories about Kretinsky, some of  which show weird parallels with RD. But rest assured, he is not in the frame. The latest, as a taster, is that he is studying for UEFA badges.You can imagine why he thinks he needs them...

the en masse walkout I witnessed was spot on, what a feeble apathetic effort for us against Middlesbrough.

We could have learnt a lot from these guys.
    Because we were winning.  I am not saying you do, or me, or most people on this board, but the MAJORITY of fans only care about results on the pitch.  
    No-one cares ONLY about the results on the pitch.  
    Yes they do.  The fact that 100%, of a sample size of a few thousand, does doesn't mean no one doesn't. 

Roland was a twat we were losing games = protests.

Roland, still a twat, we are winning games = no protests.

Even on this forum there is talk of protests if there is a hint we might loose some games.  If we had been bottom after 5 games last season, and all other things had been equal, there would have been protests.

The boycott is no where near as big as people would imagine reading this forum, the fact is a lot have people have better things to do with their time and money than watch better than average league 1 football.  If that's not the case why will we sell many more season tickets this season than last?

Remember this is an echo chamber with a few 100 people accounting for about 80% of the posts.  Not a representative of, I guess, 50 thousand people that would identify as Charlton fans. 
    Absolute bull****! Look at the missing 5k.

However, we could have gone down to zero gates and the Belgian would not be influenced, he has too much money.

Oyston only went because of a legal wrangle.

@eaststandmike @LargeAddick boycott due to a principle of not giving this person ANY more money.

We are ALL CHARLTON FANS at the end of the day.  We should not be fighting each other.

Well said. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dalman has been about since long before Wembley. I think initial Cardiff whispers were on here back in January.

If the Aussies deal is 'really close' and it's their deadline on Tuesday, then you may as well fast forward to Wednesday now because they've been 'really close' for over a year. 
    It’s not the Aussies deadline on Tuesday.
    You know it exists and it's not theirs?
  • Play list for Tuesday. (Sorry not a natural optimist) 

06:00 Sun comes up it's Tuesday morning - Cowbow Junkies
    09:00 Tuesday morning - The Pogues
    10:00 Hooray for Tuesday - The Minders
    11:00 Everything's Tuesday - Chairman of the board (Good sign?)
    12:00 Ruby Tuesday - Rolling Stones (no significance here, but I know the words and can sing along).
    13:00 Tuesday afternoon - The Moody Blues
    14:00 Groovy Tuesday - The Smithereens
    19:00 Tuesday Night - Josh Abbot Band.
    20:00 Tuesday Heartbreak - Stevie Wonder
    23:00 Tuesday's dead - Cat Stevens
    00:01 Tuesday's gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd.

07:00 Tuesday Sunshine - The Questions 

Special one for Roland if this all falls apart again...

...See You Next Tuesday - The Nextmen. 
  • Whatever the doubts are of Rolf Harris and his gang, give it 12months to judge them on.

Actions speak louder than words, we certainly have seen this with the Belgian.

Me personally, stay in Sydney fellas.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see it being The Aussies who have the deadline until Tuesday having been on the scene for so long.

I can only think Dalman has given RD the Tuesday deadline potentially and if Tuesday passes and Dalman hasn't taken over I assume he will then by staying with Cardiff with a new season to make preparations for hence the deadline given clubs are starting to return to pre season training.
    Reckon Cardiff have given Dalman a deadline and he's passed it onto RD.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dalman has been about since long before Wembley. I think initial Cardiff whispers were on here back in January.

If the Aussies deal is 'really close' and it's their deadline on Tuesday, then you may as well fast forward to Wednesday now because they've been 'really close' for over a year. 
       Someone's chatting shit then?

It is becoming increasingly clear that the Aussies are some sort of default option for Roland.
     He can tout us around for higher and higher bids and when they never get to the extortionate levels he's looking for and he gets fed up he'll give us away to the Aussies.
     We're possibly missing out on some real decent investment all the while this Australian mob are skulking around in the background and playing along with this fruit cake.
    I think that the Tuesday deadline is for RD or someone will walk , this your right will play into the default option of the Aussies 
  • I can't see it being The Aussies who have the deadline until Tuesday having been on the scene for so long.

I can only think Dalman has given RD the Tuesday deadline potentially and if Tuesday passes and Dalman hasn't taken over I assume he will then by staying with Cardiff with a new season to make preparations for hence the deadline given clubs are starting to return to pre season training.
    Reckon Cardiff have given Dalman a deadline and he's passed it onto RD.
    Yeah that I can subscribe to. 

A couple of posters quoted me which surprised me a little, I was literally putting a theory together based on what we've been told by those in the know. I'm not in the know and this was purely a hunch.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:

It is becoming increasingly clear that the Aussies are some sort of default option for Roland.
     He can tout us around for higher and higher bids and when they never get to the extortionate levels he's looking for and he gets fed up he'll give us away to the Aussies.
     We're possibly missing out on some real decent investment all the while this Australian mob are skulking around in the background and playing along with this fruit cake.
    I think that the Tuesday deadline is for RD or someone will walk , this your right will play into the default option of the Aussies 
    After all this it will be interesting when/if Murray opens his gob.
  • Anyone but these bloody Aussies
  • Mike said:
    Anyone but these bloody Aussies
    Except for RD*

• Mike said:
    Anyone but these bloody Aussies
    Except for RD*

:| 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:

What makes you think the Aussies will actually complete the takeover this time? You have been saying for ages that they can't do it - rightly - but you think that we will have new owners for the new season. Has something changed, that you are aware of? 
  • Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:

You know it exists and it's not theirs?
    Not hundred percent sure it exists, but if it does, it’s not theirs. 
  • Going back to that Boro game, it's worth remembering that the match was massively important for our chances of survival and that we were winning. At the time we still had a chance of survival. Yes I wanted us to win the match ( and being there and cheering on  the team would help that) but also because I felt that staying up would make us as a club more attractive to other buyers.

I remember people saying at the time "it doesn't matter if we get relegated, indeed being in L1 will make Roland sell the club quicker" which I never agreed with, and it gives me no pleasure to suggest I was right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going back to that Boro game, it's worth remembering that the match was massively important for our chances of survival and that we were winning. At the time we still had a chance of survival. Yes I wanted us to win the match ( and being there and cheering on  the team would help that) but also because I felt that staying up would make us as a club more attractive to other buyers.

I remember people saying at the time "it doesn't matter if we get relegated, indeed being in L1 will make Roland sell the club quicker" which I never agreed with, and it gives me no pleasure to suggest I was right.
    Fans should have walked that that game, we were down.  We were down when when Texeira signed his 'Ronaldo changing' 12k a week(allegedly)contract six weeks previously, for 54 months as well!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:

I accept that it appears to be Dalman day on Mardi gras ( fat Tueday) but if this info is correct and hey presto, it's happening, then it would technically be the Aussies deadline day as well ?

Fans should have walked that that game, we were down.  We were down when when Texeira signed his 'Ronaldo changing' 12k a week(allegedly)contract six weeks previously, for 54 months as well!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35738618

We weren't though. 5 points from safety with 9 games to go. At that stage it was all to play for

Indeed Rotherham were rescued when they looked certain to go down by hiring Colin...
  • Uboat said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:

What makes you think the Aussies will actually complete the takeover this time? You have been saying for ages that they can't do it - rightly - but you think that we will have new owners for the new season. Has something changed, that you are aware of? 

The he price has dropped and they are now in a position to look at the final stages of completion, 

still dont believe they have the financial clout to do what is needed to fund the operational losses long term and that they  are going to be the best option for us out of those currently in the process, 

but RD finally wants out and is now although still being a bell he is more in sale mode than ever before 
    He's bound to be, really. Because if he doesn't sell before the season starts (or the window closes), then potential buyers will return to their "I'm not buying if I can't influence what's going on on the pitch. I'll wait until January" bunkers.

And RD will have to finance the losses until then.
  • Uboat said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:

The he price has dropped and they are now in a position to look at the final stages of completion, 

still dont believe they have the financial clout to do what is needed to fund the operational losses long term and that they  are going to be the best option for us out of those currently in the process, 

but RD finally wants out and is now although still being a bell he is more in sale mode than ever before 
    He's bound to be, really. Because if he doesn't sell before the season starts (or the window closes), then potential buyers will return to their "I'm not buying if I can't influence what's going on on the pitch. I'll wait until January" bunkers.

And RD will have to finance the losses until then.
    Exactly 
  • edited June 2019
    Do people now really believe we are on the verge of a sale? 

If it happens next week (I say this very lightly) I hope we have a celebrational party at the home game pre season lol 
  • Do people now really believe we are on the verge of a sale? 

If it happens next week (I say this very lightly) I hope we have a celebrational party at the home game pre season lol 
    If he's gone by then, that match will be an absolute hooley.
  • Chizz said:
    Do people now really believe we are on the verge of a sale? 

If he's gone by then, that match will be an absolute hooley.
    Would be better if it was the first home league game against Stoke. Would get a sell out home end and a noisy sold out away end. Would be a great atmosphere 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!