Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Apologies Chizz. Dalman was hundreds of pages ago so I assumed s couple of months but with all the fish puns, it was only weeks ago.
  • Could the late runner be the Chinese interest rumoured I wonder? 
  • Dizzle said:
    Could the late runner be the Chinese interest rumoured I wonder? 
    or Red Bull.
  • edited June 2019
    Stig said:
    Uboat said:
    bobmunro said:
    Silly post Baz,
    You’re right. Didn’t contain a single fish pun. 
    It was a fish curry he was referring to.
    Cod have fooled me. 

I've been waiting with bated breath for someone to take direct action 😉.
  • 1829, Oxford University win the first Boat Race
    Strangely enough, in Ireland, the year is remembered more for The Catholic Relief Act, bringing an end to the Penal Laws... 

A fairly major event, also, for the remaining English and Welsh Recusants, who had suffered such legislation for almost a century more.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz, Dalman was known to all here before Wembley, thus the horse on the far rails with the late run is someone else. Unless you can post some actual facts.
    Yes. That's what I posted.

Here's a fact: @PragueAddick posted this The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. 

Dalman is the other party referred to in parenthesis above ("... another party") with whom a deal is "almost done". 

The potential new buyer, who apparently emerged after Wembley, has an opportunity to advance its deal, should the other deal (i.e. Dalman) not complete by the aforementioned Tuesday. 

In order, the parties are 

Dalman 
    The new party who emerged post Wembley 
    The Aussies

RedChaser said:
    Stig said:
    Uboat said:
    bobmunro said:
    Silly post Baz,
    You’re right. Didn’t contain a single fish pun. 
    It was a fish curry he was referring to.
    Cod have fooled me. 

I've been waiting with bated breath for someone to take direct action 😉.
    C’mon it’s Baited not bated if we are fishing 😉
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz, Dalman was known to all here before Wembley, thus the horse on the far rails with the late run is someone else. Unless you can post some actual facts.

Here's a fact: @PragueAddick posted this The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. 

Dalman is the other party referred to in parenthesis above ("... another party") with whom a deal is "almost done". 

The potential new buyer, who apparently emerged after Wembley, has an opportunity to advance its deal, should the other deal (i.e. Dalman) not complete by the aforementioned Tuesday. 

Dalman 
    The Aussies
    Chizz said:

Dalman 
    The Aussies
    So, is that Tuesday coming, or last Tuesday.
    the guy from Wales online said he thought Dalman walked away last weds the 26th
  • bobmunro said:
    I didn't  know about Dalman until the Walesonline article was reported here on 12 June - more than two weeks after Wembley. It was reported that the interest started some months before but it was certainly not widely known.
    If Prague is on the money then it's the Aussies by Tuesday, and if not then Dalman has a shot.
    No, it’s either Dalman or the Aussies by Tuesday after which the interest of which @Prague Addick is aware of will be given a run at it. 
  • Chizz said:

Dalman 
    The Aussies
    You don’t know if the “another party” is Dalman or the Aussies but what we do know is that if whomever it is doesn’t do a deal by Tuesday then @PragueAddick mystery man will be given a run at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where does a  'Deal that's almost done' rank alongside 'Done deal' ?
  • I just hope that "having a run at it" means something different to what the Aussies have been doing otherwise it will be 2021 before RD has enough of this mystery bidder & goes back to the Aussies.

And can I just say that all those posting fish puns are so juvenile. Why don't you just run along & let us adults talk about the important stuff.
    Apparently not; I did and my post was deleted. That's the second time this week I've had an innocuous post censored. Would whoever was responsible care to explain?
  • I deal with many business deals for share purchases and mergers. It’s very rare that deadlines are ever met and in my experience they normally get set a few more times before they actually happen as so many people are involved and small bits of paper need advisers, signatures etc. That being said a couple of weeks after the deadline is about right so I expect probably a Monday as a Friday is given and normally fall away until a Monday when everyone works on the weekend on the deal. I would suggest Monday 15th July as more realistic 
  • Tuesday Morning, Roly's version:

But I know that you
    With your heart beating
    And your eyes shining
    Will hate it when I’m
    Lying to you
    On a Tuesday morning

• barstool said:
    I deal with many business deals for share purchases and mergers. It’s very rare that deadlines are ever met and in my experience they normally get set a few more times before they actually happen as so many people are involved and small bits of paper need advisers, signatures etc. That being said a couple of weeks after the deadline is about right so I expect probably a Monday as a Friday is given and normally fall away until a Monday when everyone works on the weekend on the deal. I would suggest Monday 15th July as more realistic 
    this
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    barstool said:
    I deal with many business deals for share purchases and mergers. It’s very rare that deadlines are ever met and in my experience they normally get set a few more times before they actually happen as so many people are involved and small bits of paper need advisers, signatures etc. That being said a couple of weeks after the deadline is about right so I expect probably a Monday as a Friday is given and normally fall away until a Monday when everyone works on the weekend on the deal. I would suggest Monday 15th July as more realistic 
    Perhaps the deadline had already been set a few times before? 
  • 1830, King George IV dies. He is succeeded by his brother who becomes William IV.
  • I heard last week that South Africans were still interested fronted by Donald Muir, the person who told me was correct last time as it was before he was seen with Alex Mcleish down the Valley. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Dizzle said:
    Could the late runner be the Chinese interest rumoured I wonder? 
    or Red Bull.
    Red Bull you say, we haven’t had that one for about 1500 pages but maybe we should restart an RB Charlton rumour again. 
    I don’t like the idea of playing in red and blue though.
  • I wouldn't rule Red Bull out if Prague Addick's info is correct .
  • edited June 2019
    Play list for Tuesday. (Sorry not a natural optimist) 

06:00 Sun comes up it's Tuesday morning - Cowbow Junkies
    09:00 Tuesday morning - The Pogues
    10:00 Hooray for Tuesday - The Minders
    11:00 Everything's Tuesday - Chairman of the board (Good sign?)
    12:00 Ruby Tuesday - Rolling Stones (no significance here, but I know the words and can sing along).
    13:00 Tuesday afternoon - The Moody Blues
    14:00 Groovy Tuesday - The Smithereens
    19:00 Tuesday Night - Josh Abbot Band.
    20:00 Tuesday Heartbreak - Stevie Wonder
    23:00 Tuesday's dead - Cat Stevens
    00:01 Tuesday's gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    Welcome to the Mardi Gras.
  • I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Let's hope that is true. I trust my source, whom I have known for a while. While I'm intrigued by the interested party I know of, being from this neck of the woods, I just want a sale done, fast, we are bleeding talent and it is breaking my heart.
    It's not Redbull, they're Austrian. I'm going to throw Daniel Křetínský into the rumour mill... Billionaire president of Sparta Prague
  • CAFCsayer said:
    I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Let's hope that is true. I trust my source, whom I have known for a while. While I'm intrigued by the interested party I know of, being from this neck of the woods, I just want a sale done, fast, we are bleeding talent and it is breaking my heart.
    It's not Redbull, they're Austrian. 
    Those ITK have the correct Avatar.
  • Czechia has a border with Austria.

Prague to Vienna is a few hours drive.

@Addickted knows, don't argue
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!