Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Thanks @PragueAddick, I've not commented on this thread for quite sometime, and to be honest, which will piss some people off, all the puns and other nonsense that is posted just detracts from what, I presume most people want doesn't help. However I thank posters like @JamesSeed and @nth london addick who try, as best they can, to keep this ever extending thread on track. 
    We need RD to go and go very soon, or else I fear the worst for the coming season. I hope to be back and taking a full part on this forum within 6 months or so (when I'm back home from my work travels), RD gone is something I pray for daily. Can I ask respectfully that we try and keep the thread on point? Thanks
    agree 110%, except for the praying bit
  • I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Let's hope that is true. I trust my source, whom I have known for a while. While I'm intrigued by the interested party I know of, being from this neck of the woods, I just want a sale done, fast, we are bleeding talent and it is breaking my heart.
    Really hope your right, just want to hear now the a takeover is OFISHail.
  • bobmunro said:
    Silly post Baz,
    You’re right. Didn’t contain a single fish pun. 
    It was a fish curry he was referring to.
    Cod have fooled me. 
  • edited June 2019
    Can't imagine Lockyer as a full Welsh international came cheap, perhaps a signing on fee, but then our bonkers owner only gives him an Aribo-like two year deal. Incidentally, as a Bielikesque signing, which position will he play, and who will we go for to fill the alternative?

Personally I'd look for a RCB.

Ajayi who can also do both?  Christian Burgess?
  • I do have some news that I've been permitted to mention. The potential new buyer whom I am aware of who emerged after Wembley, has been told that a deal (with another party) is almost done, but if it isn't closed by Tuesday, this buyer will be given a short run at closing it. I have not been told who the likely buying party is, and it may be that this buyer does not know either. 

Let's hope that is true. I trust my source, whom I have known for a while. While I'm intrigued by the interested party I know of, being from this neck of the woods, I just want a sale done, fast, we are bleeding talent and it is breaking my heart.
    Mine too, PA, mine too.

I did stick my wrinkly old neck out a day or two ago on the " Will RD still be in charge when the new season starts" by responding in the negative.

I am definitely not ITK but perhaps it's a gut feeling ....although that could be my IBS ( ooahhh will understand that sentiment )

Maybe it's because I don't want the excitement & euphoria of the Play Offs ( all 3 games in fact) to fade away , but then again, who does .

Maybe it's because I am a firm believer in justice, and fair play, not just in football, and boy , do we deserve some restitution for the past 5 years ! 

But no-one can deny that there have been more signs of something positive happening takeover wise since Wembley and maybe the Rat's 2nd in command really WAS busily  involved in negotiations on Wednesday evening .

Tonight's news of the 2 signings AND of Jonny W travelling to Spain with the lads has increased my positivity....

Has RD found some loose change down the back of his sofa ?

Were these players desperate to play for the Dream Team of Bow, JJ & Stevo ?

Or could it be that with the Takeover tantalisingly close, the new owner/s have had a hand in their recruitment to enable a decent squad to travel together over the weekend ? 

Whilst not certain enough to bet my house on it, I favour a combination of the latter 2 possibilities. 

And if NLA & your good self are both feeling optimistic, then that'll do for me. 
    Irritating Belgian Sycophant?
  • bobmunro said:
    Silly post Baz,
    You’re right. Didn’t contain a single fish pun. 
    It was a fish curry he was referring to.
    Cod have fooled me. 

• I only wish we cod have got one more over the line today.
  • Likewise
  • Sponsored links:

• Team WIOTOS till I die.
  • That’s all done now so let’s move on. 

So so who do we think (if true) has been set the Tuesday deadline? The Aussies, Dalman, the third party? All? None?
  • 1828, London Zoo opens.

So so who do we think (if true) has been set the Tuesday deadline? The Aussies, Dalman, the third party? All? None?
    Head say Aussies (so only another 2 year till completion), heart wants Dalman

Got to be Aussies. Prague and NLA's intel seems to align. 
  • edited June 2019
    That’s all done now so let’s move on. 

No one.

Don't doubt Prague or his source but this is LDT and/or Duchatelet, they lie.

• Uboat said:

It's a party that came about after Wembley, so surely not the Aussies?

It can only be Dalman . My guess is Dalman has said to RD he’s pulling out this week and RD has given the Aussies til Tuesday  .I  Cant see the Aussies taking over myself.
  • To everyone who keeps moaning about people over speculating and making assumptions - this is the thread for the take over of Charlton on the biggest Charlton spporters forum going. What happens next could arguably be the biggest thing to effect the club in history, as RD could take the club down the pan if we ain't careful, so people are gonna speculate, assume, twist, come up with outlandish posts (Seed / Chizz 😉) and so on. Let it go and log out if nothing is of interest.

Advice hack - Look out for my posts, as they are very informative indeed.

Now, let's all have a great weekend and look forward to Tuesday and if nothing comes To fruition then, we can slate Prago for the rest of the week 🍷
    Yeah but by then I will be on holiday, so I'll try to cope.:-)
  • Sponsored links:

It can only be Dalman . My guess is Dalman has said to RD he’s pulling out this week and RD has given the Aussies til Tuesday  .I  Cant see the Aussies taking over myself.
    So it's the Aussies who have been given the deadline. 
  • Uboat said:

The party who came about after Wembley is the one that's missing out if the other party can get it done by Tuesday, i.e. the Aussies. 
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:

The party who came about after Wembley is the one that's missing out if the other party can get it done by Tuesday, i.e. the Aussies. 
    Ah I see, I mis-read it the first time round. 
  • Wasn’t Dalman before Wembley though? Think it was March when the bid was made public?
  • edited June 2019

Head says Aussies for the Tuesday deadline for some reason. 
  • IBBORG get back to making biscuits
  • edited June 2019
    To quote Marko from Tropoje, Mr Neeson - Good Luck.
  • Wasn’t Dalman before Wembley though? Think it was March when the bid was made public?
    But I don't think Dalman was AT Wembley.

Some of the Aussies certainly were.
  • To everyone who keeps moaning about people over speculating and making assumptions - this is the thread for the take over of Charlton on the biggest Charlton spporters forum going. What happens next could arguably be the biggest thing to effect the club in history, as RD could take the club down the pan if we ain't careful, so people are gonna speculate, assume, twist, come up with outlandish posts (Seed / Chizz 😉) and so on. Let it go and log out if nothing is of interest.

Advice hack - Look out for my posts, as they are very informative indeed.

Now, let's all have a great weekend and look forward to Tuesday and if nothing comes To fruition then, we can slate Prago for the rest of the week 🍷
    Yeah but by then I will be on holiday, so I'll try to cope.:-)
    Just please tell me they ain't Dutch or European types

😉
    Yes. The person who has come along post Wembley is not in the public domain but known to @PragueAddick. He has been told he can have a run at it if another party, either Dalman or the Aussies, doesn’t seal a deal by Tuesday. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!