Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Good job he capitalised definitely, I wouldn't have understood what he meant otherwise. 
    Maybe he is auditioning for a job at the Daily Mail?
  • Uboat said:
    1825, The world's first modern railway opens . The Stockton and Darlington Railway.
    Who'd wanna travel from Stockton to Darlo, or Darlo to Stockton?
    Flag-worthy comment on a Charlton forum. Stockton-Darlington was opened to transport coal, not people. 
    The geezers meant to be a Mod....

You mean he owns a Lambretta ?
  • Uboat said:
    1825, The world's first modern railway opens . The Stockton and Darlington Railway.
    Flag-worthy comment on a Charlton forum. Stockton-Darlington was opened to transport coal, not people. 

I think Rob is more a Vespa man.
  • Uboat said:

Did do as it goes
  • bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

Better on a Lambretta Bob, you know that
  • bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

Parked it outside his shop in Grove Park.
  • bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

He had a shop in Grove Park? What sort? He has never mentioned it as far as I am aware. 
  • 1826, Thomas Telford's Menai Suspension Bridge is opened.
  • 1826, Thomas Telford's Menai Suspension Bridge is opened.
    Is that between Stockton and Darlo?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

He had a shop in Grove Park? What sort? He has never mentioned it as far as I am aware. 
    He mentions it less than I mention I’m the grandson of....
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

Open all hours
  • What's this, "This Is Your Life"?
  • bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

Better on a Lambretta Bob, you know that

Yes I do.

• So the rumours were true.

• What's the point?

• This is huge!  Finally happening then!!!
  • U wot m8
  • bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

Never liked their instant curries personally 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think you'll find this is the correct spelling...

• Zzzzzzzz
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

It was a fish shop, I believe.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

It was a fish shop, I believe.
    I thought it was a knocking shop.
  • Unconfirmed reports that Dalman has been out musselled by the Ozzies.  
    Then I wish him welk.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Uboat said:

Whereabouts in Grove Park? I don't know the area very well. Was it anywhere near the BR station?
  • Fumbluff said:
    Zzzzzzzz
    Dalman riding off on his Lambretta
  • bobmunro said:
    Do we know what sort of dough Dalman has ?
    Is he a Gerard Murphy type who puts it all together or is he super duper rich enough to spunk dough on buying a football club for ego 
    I'm not sure I've heard anyone 100% certain Dalman has more money than sense or is he more Tony Jiminez than Sheikh Mansour
    We know he had enough money that he was personal friends with Muammar Gaddafi and almost bankrolled MG’s purchase of ManU. Makes me think he has enough money to work our well for us.
    He wasn’t the buyer it was MG who was from what I have read .

so once again he’s the fluffer 

yes he he has contacts , so did Jiminez , so does Gerard Murphy and so did Peter Risdale .

I’m still not sure what Mehmet brings “cash” wise to the table 
    As rich as Tan, apparently.
    Source?

According to the unreliable interweb Tan is worth USD820 million 

So maybe less than Andrew Muir who we "know" doesn't have the money.
    There is no point having the money if you don't want to spend it on Charlton.
    RD has the money as well, so what ?
    Exactly but justifying Dalman as a sound bet when he has less money then Muir, who "hasn't got the money" makes no sense.  That's what.
    Dont you think you're being a bit hypocritical here mate? One minute you're twisting it one way, then the other, but all along it don't matter what the owner is worth, as long as they're willing to invest enough.

As far as I can see, Dalman's finances and backing have hardly been mentioned. The reason he stands out for me more than the Aussies, at this moment in time, is his experience and popularity at Cardiff, along with the contacts he presumably has in the game. 

're the Aussies, there's a couple of things that concern me, those being the way they're going about attracting more investment and their lack of experience in English football. Ive also got a feeling that their ultimate plan is to use the club to school and sell Australian players in order to turn a profit, not a system tbat id personally be on favour of, but I stand to be corrected on that being tbeir plan.

If it does end being the Aussies, they'd get my backing and see how it goes.
    hasn't Gerard Murphy been involved in English football previously?

He did something with Wet Spam, and had some involvement with England rugby.

From what I can gather he is a management consultant rather than a football man.

He was at West Ham working on team/club culture. From what I heard he was on the cusp of something good but the manager at the time undermined his efforts and ultimately he wasn’t successful . He also worked with the English rugby team on similar things. I can see some West Ham/culture jokes will follow, but don’t write write off this stuff as new age nonsense . Get culture right and enduring and results follow . Take a look at the All Blacks for an exemplar 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!