Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Game over

Acworth is a fantasist and possibly the least reliable source that ever existed and that is being generous.
    Just give us a straight answer.
  • edited June 2019
    Searching for positives but I do wonder if in the coming weeks if this latest round of takeover spec fades away whether the budget will then be scaled up.

i know Roland is an idiot, impossible to second guess and his approach to everything has been wrong, but he has never positioned a manager to set the squad up to fail and pretty much post-Powell backed his manager / recruitment team.

At the moment it is clearly woefully short and even he isn’t that stupid to know that an absolute disaster of a season will offer zero help in his attempts to offload the club. 

I don’t agree but I understand where his rationale is coming from: the club is more attractive to purchase the lower it’s outgoings and contractual commitments. But he’ll also know that if it’s not sold in the next month he is stuck with it again for another year and a disaster of a year will not just undoubtedly bring him personal grief and  dire publicity but also less chance of achieving near his valuation.

thoughts?

The more I think about it believe what was said by David white that RD never wanted auto go up, when you think of the expense needed to be competitive in the championship let alone to try and go up where atleast 10 other clubs will spend 70-100 mil to get out of the league 

players cost more , agents cost more ,etc 

if your selling the club club the last thing you want is more cost 

for that reason I expect him to not invest or back bows anywhere near what is needed 

you also have players and agents not willing to conclude deals because their fear will be they won’t get their money clubs also due to the uncertainty of ownership 

so so many things are now out of the normal operating controls you would want to run club or business 

what we need is clarity all this mess and uncertainty is not helpful 

the Aussies have been around for ages and not completed this is a big problem for me and it makes me wonder just why and how they are going to proceed but I do believe they are now firmly in driving seat 

Dalman is still around and his back ground in English football makes me prefer him but also I am beginning to think ffs just make the deal and move this cancer away from the club , get it right and the low zeros that are being discussed and debated will come back ten fold if you get it right 

but more than anything 

Murray and Two shit chalets can just do one I am sick of them both 

If he didn’t want to go up he could easily have fielded a cheaper, weaker team in 18/19. I agree you can question how much he wanted it.

The operating loss in 17/18 was £13.3m. Let’s say it was £10m last season. In the Championship he will get about £8m extra revenue without doing anything.

If he runs the same budget (or lower) the operating loss drops to £2m. That is unachievable in L1. It may also get the club relegated, but from his perspective he has saved £8m or whatever part of it he doesn’t spend and the value of the club has risen giving him a better opportunity to sell.
    I don’t doubt the opportunity to sell increased but I really don’t think he wanted it , I didn’t agree with that then but looking at what is happening now I can’t see any other reason why he is doing what he is , I also don’t see why either potential buyer has not stipulated that player sales stop during negotiations. 

I do believe honestly that he will not be here start of season and I am 75% to 25% that it will be Aussies that win 

the one thing he won’t do is fund anything before it’s concluded that is a huge concern so the buyers need to negotiate quick and conclude before their left with costs to replace that are not needed.

i don’t want to particularly see whoever comes in spend to success I would much rather it was organic growth using the academy and absolutely amazing work done by the team there and the odd quality signing to assist, And get back up in a way that will not bankrupt us and keep Bowyer and Jackson for the next ten yrs to build the club up 

Yes, but you’re still not offering any explanation of how RD would be better off in L1 - he literally would not be unless he chooses to spend all the additional income.

There will presumably be some contractual salary increases, plus Bowyer and staff, plus stewarding costs but that won’t amount to £8m on its own.
  • Searching for positives but I do wonder if in the coming weeks if this latest round of takeover spec fades away whether the budget will then be scaled up.

i know Roland is an idiot, impossible to second guess and his approach to everything has been wrong, but he has never positioned a manager to set the squad up to fail and pretty much post-Powell backed his manager / recruitment team.

At the moment it is clearly woefully short and even he isn’t that stupid to know that an absolute disaster of a season will offer zero help in his attempts to offload the club. 

I don’t agree but I understand where his rationale is coming from: the club is more attractive to purchase the lower it’s outgoings and contractual commitments. But he’ll also know that if it’s not sold in the next month he is stuck with it again for another year and a disaster of a year will not just undoubtedly bring him personal grief and  dire publicity but also less chance of achieving near his valuation.

thoughts?

The more I think about it believe what was said by David white that RD never wanted auto go up, when you think of the expense needed to be competitive in the championship let alone to try and go up where atleast 10 other clubs will spend 70-100 mil to get out of the league 

for that reason I expect him to not invest or back bows anywhere near what is needed 

you also have players and agents not willing to conclude deals because their fear will be they won’t get their money clubs also due to the uncertainty of ownership 

so so many things are now out of the normal operating controls you would want to run club or business 

the Aussies have been around for ages and not completed this is a big problem for me and it makes me wonder just why and how they are going to proceed but I do believe they are now firmly in driving seat 

Dalman is still around and his back ground in English football makes me prefer him but also I am beginning to think ffs just make the deal and move this cancer away from the club , get it right and the low zeros that are being discussed and debated will come back ten fold if you get it right 

but more than anything 

If he didn’t want to go up he could easily have fielded a cheaper, weaker team in 18/19. I agree you can question how much he wanted it.

The operating loss in 17/18 was £13.3m. Let’s say it was £10m last season. In the Championship he will get about £8m extra revenue without doing anything.

If he runs the same budget (or lower) the operating loss drops to £2m. That is unachievable in L1. It may also get the club relegated, but from his perspective he has saved £8m or whatever part of it he doesn’t spend and the value of the club has risen giving him a better opportunity to sell.
    I don’t doubt the opportunity to sell increased but I really don’t think he wanted it , I didn’t agree with that then but looking at what is happening now I can’t see any other reason why he is doing what he is , I also don’t see why either potential buyer has not stipulated that player sales stop during negotiations. 

I do believe honestly that he will not be here start of season and I am 75% to 25% that it will be Aussies that win 

the one thing he won’t do is fund anything before it’s concluded that is a huge concern so the buyers need to negotiate quick and conclude before their left with costs to replace that are not needed.

i don’t want to particularly see whoever comes in spend to success I would much rather it was organic growth using the academy and absolutely amazing work done by the team there and the odd quality signing to assist, And get back up in a way that will not bankrupt us and keep Bowyer and Jackson for the next ten yrs to build the club up 

Yes, but you’re still not offering any explanation of how RD would be better off in L1 - he literally would not be unless he chooses to spend all the additional income.

There will presumably be some contractual salary increases, plus Bowyer and staff, plus stewarding costs but that won’t amount to £8m.
    Offset by selling out the Jimmy Seed stand most weeks
  • edited June 2019
    Searching for positives but I do wonder if in the coming weeks if this latest round of takeover spec fades away whether the budget will then be scaled up.

thoughts?

but more than anything 

There will presumably be some contractual salary increases, plus Bowyer and staff, plus stewarding costs but that won’t amount to £8m.
    Offset by selling out the Jimmy Seed stand most weeks
    I’m already including that windfall in the revenue, although it was closer to 1,500 average than 3,000 in the past - and it wasn’t zero in L1. It’s probably worth roughly £500k extra net of VAT and taking into account concessions.
  • Swisdom said:
    Acworth is quoting what he saw on here

That's the danger with this kind of thing.  Bollocks gets spread to the masses and rumours become fact

Acworth - if you're reading this listen up (this is just between me and you).  Dalman is currently on holiday with Elvis and Princess Diana thrashing out the last of the funding issues.  The last I heard he was actually at the Alliance and Leicester Cashpoint on Sidcup high street getting the last of the cash so it should all be buttoned up this afternoon.  They've got to be quick because Elvis is performing at a Women's Institute dinner tonight and needs to get ready.
    Has he started tweeting fish puns yet?
  • Without trying to ignore Acworth, would he actually know if Dalman has walked or not?
    I sometimes wonder if Acworth would even know how to get himself dressed in the morning, never mind what Dalman is doing.
  • I think you are all going about this the wrong way. Hyperventilating over every rumour and creating suppositions from tenuous information.

Moving on from house selling analogies and fish puns.

The quickest way for the club to be sold and for us to have new owners is to kill this thread. Sorry Henry.

Let me explain.

Lost your car keys? Mobile missing? TV remote gone on walkabout?

You've searched high and low. No joy. You've blamed the wife, kids and dogs. Nerves are frayed. Eventually you give up and stop searching.

Five minutes later you accidentally turned on the TV by sitting on the remote. It was on the sofa the whole time. The mobile was in the fridge and the car keys in the goldfish bowl - how did that happen?

Kill this thread now and all will be peachy!
  • Swisdom said:

That's the danger with this kind of thing.  Bollocks gets spread to the masses and rumours become fact

Acworth - if you're reading this listen up (this is just between me and you).  Dalman is currently on holiday with Elvis and Princess Diana thrashing out the last of the funding issues.  The last I heard he was actually at the Alliance and Leicester Cashpoint on Sidcup high street getting the last of the cash so it should all be buttoned up this afternoon.  They've got to be quick because Elvis is performing at a Women's Institute dinner tonight and needs to get ready.
    That seems unlikely as I heard he was last seen having drinks with his Holiness Pope Gregory IX, aboard his steam yacht, 'The Saucy Sue', currently wintering in Montego Bay, with the England cricket team, and the Balinese Goddess of Plenty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unconfirmed reports that Dalman has been out musselled by the Ozzies.  
    I just want ROLAND OUT NOW PLEASE
  • Uboat said:
    Swisdom said:

That seems unlikely as I heard he was last seen having drinks with his Holiness Pope Gregory IX, aboard his steam yacht, 'The Saucy Sue', currently wintering in Montego Bay, with the England cricket team, and the Balinese Goddess of Plenty.

No, I believe you are mistaken - that was Colin.
  • Surely someone can part with a few squid to save us from Roland.
  • 1825, The world's first modern railway opens . The Stockton and Darlington Railway.
    Will get a few likes this one..
  • Unconfirmed reports that Dalman has been out musselled by the Ozzies.  
    Wow, the Aussies must be minted!
  • Sponsored links:

• 1825, The world's first modern railway opens . The Stockton and Darlington Railway.
    Who'd wanna travel from Stockton to Darlo, or Darlo to Stockton?
  • If Dalman is a serious contender, why is he still working at Cardiff?

I assume he has dealings with players contracts, agents, sponsors etc wouldn't it be a massive conflict of interest and be normal practise to at least put him on gardening leave? 
    Will get a few likes this one..
    Your old man for a start. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If Dalman is a serious contender, why is he still working at Cardiff?

I assume he has dealings with players contracts, agents, sponsors etc wouldn't it be a massive conflict of interest and be normal practise to at least put him on gardening leave? 
    Remember when I wanted to quite my paper round to move up in the world and help out on the market. My dad told me something that'll stay with me forever - don't quite one job till you know you got there other. Ended up phoning in sick on  the paper round every Saturday morning for the following month
    Did your dad teach you the art of predictive text
  • edited June 2019
    Uboat said:
    1825, The world's first modern railway opens . The Stockton and Darlington Railway.
    Who'd wanna travel from Stockton to Darlo, or Darlo to Stockton?
    Flag-worthy comment on a Charlton forum. Stockton-Darlington was opened to transport coal, not people. 
    Even if I was a bit of coal, I wouldn't wanna travel to Darlo or Stockton, I'd wanna go south via canal boat
  • edited June 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If Dalman is a serious contender, why is he still working at Cardiff?

Remember when I wanted to quite my paper round to move up in the world and help out on the market. My dad told me something that'll stay with me forever - don't quite one job till you know you got there other. Ended up phoning in sick on  the paper round every Saturday morning for the following month
    Did your dad teach you the art of predictive text
    No but he taught me to never plead for information off other posters on transfer threads 

; )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!