Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I just don't know what to think. Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down.

Are we doing fish pics now?
  • I just don't know what to think. Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down.

Fish on a Friday...who’d have thought...
  • Do we know what sort of dough Dalman has ?
    Is he a Gerard Murphy type who puts it all together or is he super duper rich enough to spunk dough on buying a football club for ego 
    I'm not sure I've heard anyone 100% certain Dalman has more money than sense or is he more Tony Jiminez than Sheikh Mansour
    We know he had enough money that he was personal friends with Muammar Gaddafi and almost bankrolled MG’s purchase of ManU. Makes me think he has enough money to work our well for us.
    He wasn’t the buyer it was MG who was from what I have read .

so once again he’s the fluffer 

yes he he has contacts , so did Jiminez , so does Gerard Murphy and so did Peter Risdale .

I’m still not sure what Mehmet brings “cash” wise to the table 
    As rich as Tan, apparently.
    Nowhere near Tan. £100m on paper but likely to be much less disposable. Not enough to do the job completely and I he wouldn't risk everything on a punt like us. He is a banker and will have additional investors.
  • And here lies our biggest problem. 

Everyone that seems to want to buy us, probably won't have the funds to give us stability let alone challenging for play offs 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    And here lies our biggest problem. 

Everyone that seems to want to buy us, probably won't have the funds to give us stability let alone challenging for play offs 
    That’s not what I’m saying. I don’t believe any of them will be buying without funding lined up to make it viable. How that funding is achieved though is a different story. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

That’s not what I’m saying. I don’t believe any of them will be buying without funding lined up to make it viable. How that funding is achieved though is a different story
    Usually by electronic transfer nowadays mate, probably BACS.
    You’d think he’d know about electronic transfers working in IT...
  • 1822, The Royal Navy's first steamship HMS Comet is launched at Deptford.
  • Dazzler21 said:

To be fair I'd take stability in the Championship even if it means we cant challenge for the Play-Offs

Even if it means the likes of Lapslie and Morgan etc. get sold in the future I wont mind, provided that its for what they're worth and that money gets put back into the squad and invested properly

An approach pretty much like what Brentford and Bristol City are doing these days
    like how Curbs built the club. I would be very very happy to go back to that model and be the championship for 8 odd years building. 
    I'd honestly be happy to stay in the Championship now for the majority of my life

If only it meant we could finish top two or end up winning the Play-Offs without being promoted I'd be quite happy
    Is he a Gerard Murphy type who puts it all together or is he super duper rich enough to spunk dough on buying a football club for ego 
    I'm not sure I've heard anyone 100% certain Dalman has more money than sense or is he more Tony Jiminez than Sheikh Mansour
    We know he had enough money that he was personal friends with Muammar Gaddafi and almost bankrolled MG’s purchase of ManU. Makes me think he has enough money to work our well for us.

yes he he has contacts , so did Jiminez , so does Gerard Murphy and so did Peter Risdale .

You missed out Sebastian Sainsbury
    If Seb Sainsbury take over we will buy one player and get one free.
  • Dazzler21 said:

To be fair I'd take stability in the Championship even if it means we cant challenge for the Play-Offs

Even if it means the likes of Lapslie and Morgan etc. get sold in the future I wont mind, provided that its for what they're worth and that money gets put back into the squad and invested properly

An approach pretty much like what Brentford and Bristol City are doing these days
    Remember when we was the club others modelled themselves on 😥
    Those were the days.

It will be interesting to see how Fulham get on after relegation.
  • Dazzler21 said:

We are still the role model club ?

On how not to run a football club !
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

We are still the role model club ?

On how not to run a football club !
    Sad but true!
  • Dazzler21 said:

like how Curbs built the club. I would be very very happy to go back to that model and be the championship for 8 odd years building. 
    Sadly those days have gone in the Championship. You either gamble heavily on making it to the promised land or enter a relegation battle.

• Dazzler21 said:

That’s not what I’m saying. I don’t believe any of them will be buying without funding lined up to make it viable. How that funding is achieved though is a different story
    Usually by electronic transfer nowadays mate, probably BACS.
    Well any take over ain't gonna for at least 5 to 10 days then, going by a number of my customers
  • Wow,514 new posts!! I wonder if there's any fish puns?
  • edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Sadly those days have gone in the Championship. You either gamble heavily on making it to the promised land or enter a relegation battle.

I fear you are right

You missed out Sebastian Sainsbury
    If Seb Sainsbury take over we will buy one player and get one free.
    but only if he agrees to a clause that Roland gets the Nectar points... 
  • Wow,514 new posts!! I wonder if there's any fish puns?
    Is the Pope a Catholic ?
  • edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Bristol City havent overly gambled though have they?

Last season signed Marley Watkins from Norwich for £1m and Mo Eisa for £1.5m (peanuts at this level sadly)

Whats worked for them is their outgoings of late;
     - Jonathan Kodjia was signed for £2m, sold for £11m rising to £15m
     - Aden Flint was signed for £300k, sold for £7m
     - Lloyd Kelly was an Academy lad who has just been sold for £13m

Take off the sale of Kelly (as only happened this summer) and your looking at a team who missed out on the Play-Offs by just four points

Huddersfield are another example of ensuring that the loan market gets used properly in the Championship

Nor do I think its either promotion or a relegation battle at this level; a good few sides like Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday werent really in either boat last season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!