Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• We don't know.  Nobody who is prepared to tell us anything knows.  Presumably Dalman knows, but tbh if you were thinking of doing a financial deal that involved negotiation would you just blurt it out to the first person who asked?  Or if you had recently walked away from a deal would you want to spend time chatting about it to minor journalists?
  • Uboat said:
    Dalman hung around for ten minutes then fucked off and is a great guy. The Aussies have hung around for two years and are bad bad people. 
    Just checking I've got this right. 
    Surely it's just people having their preferred choice.

Has anyone said Dalman is a great guy?
    Has anyone said the Aussies are bad bad people?

It's all just a difference of opinion that people are discussing, using the evidence at hand. Some people think it a bit weird that the the Aussies are publicly touting for investers (for now or as they tick along in the future) for a football club that is reportedly losing £800k odd per month, and some people think it's no different to HSBC, a $26.5billion profit making bank, taking on new investers as they go. Some people think Dalman is a better choice because hes done it with Cardiff and would bring a wealth of experience.

Has Dalman definitely walked then? 
  • We don't know anything.
    We know the Aussies are publicly touting for investers (for now or as they tick along in the future) and we know Dalman has done it with Cardiff and would bring a wealth of experience.
  • We’re just the mushrooms
    We probably never have.

• Fumbluff said:
    We’re just the mushrooms
    Situation summed up in 4 words.
  • 1819, Queen Victoria born.
    Wasn’t she just plain old Victoria then?
    Victoria was born Vicky Pollard, and she was a plain Jane, by a quirk of fate her Uncle who was 65 when becoming king in 1830, lasted 7 years and because both his children had already died the search was on for the next Monarch. Vicky Pollard was in the right place at the right time and became Queen Victoria. Her first known quote on becoming Queen was:

No, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah but I know because I'm a queen and this should be a good gig.

• 1819, Queen Victoria born.
    Wasn’t she just plain old Victoria then?
    Victoria was born Vicky Pollard, and she was a plain Jane, by a quirk of fate her Uncle who was 65 when becoming king in 1830, lasted 7 years and because both his children had already died the search was on for the next Monarch. Vicky Pollard was in the right place at the right time and became Queen Victoria. Her first known quote on becoming Queen was:

No, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah but I know because I'm a queen and this should be a good gig.
    Bed time for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• 1821, John Constable completes The Haywain.
    Napoleon Bonaparte dies in Exile on St. Helena

Anyone know of an island we can throw Roland on to?

Isle of Dogs ? 
  • edited June 2019
    1821, John Constable completes The Haywain.
    Funny, he also completed a 6 footer, called Landscape: Noon the same year. Must have been prolific!

I would have said the Isles of Scilly, but Roland is far more than silly, more like downright stupid. 
  • Do we know what sort of dough Dalman has ?
    Is he a Gerard Murphy type who puts it all together or is he super duper rich enough to spunk dough on buying a football club for ego 
    I'm not sure I've heard anyone 100% certain Dalman has more money than sense or is he more Tony Jiminez than Sheikh Mansour
  • edited June 2019
    Do we know what sort of dough Dalman has ?
    Is he a Gerard Murphy type who puts it all together or is he super duper rich enough to spunk dough on buying a football club for ego 
    I'm not sure I've heard anyone 100% certain Dalman has more money than sense or is he more Tony Jiminez than Sheikh Mansour
    We know he had enough money that he was personal friends with Muammar Gaddafi and almost bankrolled MG’s purchase of ManU. Makes me think he has enough money to work our well for us.
  • edited June 2019
    Yes, that is what I meant. Dalman has a lot of money, but it is his access to money that is even more substantial. He has his hands in many banks and thus many potential bankers.
    We know he had enough money that he was personal friends with Muammar Gaddafi and almost bankrolled MG’s purchase of ManU. Makes me think he has enough money to work our well for us.
    He wasn’t the buyer it was MG who was from what I have read .

so once again he’s the fluffer 

yes he he has contacts , so did Jiminez , so does Gerard Murphy and so did Peter Risdale .

I’m still not sure what Mehmet brings “cash” wise to the table 
    You missed out Sebastian Sainsbury
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's hope you are right-Hevwants to buy us.Just a slight problem.Roland!
  • Something should happen today even if it's a couple of signings.

yes he he has contacts , so did Jiminez , so does Gerard Murphy and so did Peter Risdale .

As rich as Tan, apparently.
  • edited June 2019
    Do we know what sort of dough Dalman has ?

Source?

According to the unreliable interweb Tan is worth USD820 million 

So maybe less than Andrew Muir who we "know" doesn't have the money.

Source?

According to the unreliable interweb Tan is worth USD820 million 

So maybe less than Andrew Muir who we "know" doesn't have the money.
    Who said that we "know" Muir doesn't have the money?
  • I have been told he hasn’t walked 
    What ever?

• Oh not again.  We've been through all this.  It was funny for ten minutes, 2 weeks ago.
    There are many continuous loops on here.
  • Something should happen today even if it's a couple of signings.
    Why?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!