Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• bobmunro said:
    RedJohn said:
    Heard Dalman has walked, Aussies favourites, 

I heard the Aussies have now walked, Red Bull favourite.
    I heard that Red Bull have walked and RD is favourite to stay ;)

Brilliant ante-post book this - all in run or not.
  • bobmunro said:
    RedJohn said:

I heard the Aussies have now walked, Red Bull favourite.
    I heard that Red Bull have walked and RD is favourite to stay ;)
    They flew
  • Phew. I can pull my pants up now.
    7th comment on page 777
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Page 1:

So they don't even have the money to buy us yet, let alone invest in the team?

BINGO!!!!!

We done Bob

Thank you. What do I win?
    Bfh 

It's more than I came with, Jim - I'm happy.
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Page 1:

So they don't even have the money to buy us yet, let alone invest in the team?

BINGO!!!!!

We done Bob

Thank you. What do I win?
    Bfh 

It's more than I came with, Jim - I'm happy.
    Round of applause for Bob, ladies and gents
  • It will all be settled in the next two weeks.............sorry that is what was said about 18 months ago. Why do we keep on dreaming
  • Let’s just all make up stuff and get wound up about the darstadly crimes our characters have been up to and argue about their fictional financial dealings.
  • The good news is that the London Theme Park has been given the green light on the Swanscombe Peninsular. Enough room there to also include a new football ground. All with Arab backing. I’m sure this was why Reg wanted an initial discussion with Duchatelet back in those bleak days. It’s happening folks...honest!
  • edited June 2019
    I would take Red Bull right now.
  • 1818, James Blundell performs the first blood transfusion using human blood.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:
    The sad thing is I have long since believed this will happen and that the Aussies are imo fav to get this done first real tragedy but it is what it is 

I had hoped that Reams info was new and had some favour due to his links to Cardiff 

Let’s hope this is not the case and Dalman is in but I get the feeling that the Aussies have been aided into position by the aide of some one in the club 
  • edited June 2019
    Aussie FC website states a 55m AUD figure. That equates to just under £33m.

That was Page 1 and passed on by Callum in April 2017.

• 1812, Charles Dickens born.

I thought 1812 was named after the famous overture?
  • I would take Red Bull right now.
    Does your local store not sell it then?
  • I would take Red Bull right now.
    Does your local store not sell it then?
    No but it sells 4X 😭
  • I do think worst case scenario with the Aussies is they buy us, we struggle a bit for decent signings, they run out of cash and then sell up to one of the multiple parties that are obviously interested. If we've learned one thing from this two year debacle it's that we have no shortage of suitors. All we need is for the Aussies to not be Roland-level insane and if things go a bit sideways at least they'll probably sell us, preferably to someone with money. As long as the madness of Roland is gone we'll be ok eventually
  • RedJohn said:
    why the lol's on this? is it a joke?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:
    The sad thing is I have long since believed this will happen and that the Aussies are imo fav to get this done first real tragedy but it is what it is 

I had hoped that Reams info was new and had some favour due to his links to Cardiff 

Let’s hope this is not the case and Dalman is in but I get the feeling that the Aussies have been aided into position by the aide of some one in the club 
    Tragedy? Do me a favour.  Everyone says they want players who really want to play for the club not those after the money.  Well here you have a group who are so keen to own us they have put up with that prick RD for 2 years when loads of other clubs are available.  The least we could do, if they do buy us, is give them a chance.
    I'd love to own us and have great intentions to achieve success. I've been hanging around the club for 30 plus years. Doesn't mean I have the funds to keep us going even if I could find the dough to do the initial purchase.

I think that's the concern rather than necessarily the intentions of the consortium.

The Aussies sound like they're in bed with relatively unknown to them investors whom  they've likely sold a vision to or (god forbid) a return on (a return that is slim compared to far less accessible and convenient investments outside of the nutty world of football).

The Aussies are an unknown quantity to us but my concern is that whilst they may be The Good Guys their investors are relatively unknown quantities even to them.

Risks a Kevin Cash scenario if those added investors feel they were missold or misunderstood what they are buying into (and how unlikely a financial return is whilst having a diluted profile in the day to day running and ego trip of being seen to own a club and all its trappings) or just get bored and walk away in a manner that we wouldn't and couldn't.
  • RedJohn said:
    Everything’s a joke jacob.
  • RedJohn said:
    Everything’s a joke jacob.
    It's simply how life is as a Charlton Fan. Misery is Charlton Life
  • RedJohn said:
    I think we're all laughing at the comment because if true then its all you can do at this stage
  • I know there's crap owners out there.
    We have one of the worse ffs.
    But there are also many many good owners. 
    Surely we are due a good one at some point. 
    Roland just sell the club and Fuck Off 
  • I know there's crap owners out there.
    We have one of the worse ffs.
    But there are also many many good owners. 
    Surely we are due a good one at some point. 
    All I hope is that if we do have crap owners that they're not as bad at selling the club as Roland - I think this is one of the worst things about having him, he's so deluded I cant imagine anyone wanting to keep the club hostage like what he's done so if our next owners are bad then I hope they'd sell the club a lot quicker than what he's done
  • RedJohn said:
    Yes . 
  • It would be amazing if we get cleanly bought out at £33M and the loans are "taken care of" (whatever that means.) But given we know the following...
    1. Debt to Staprix + Directors was £67M at the end of 2017-18 and likely went higher after 2018-19.

If we have debts that high then I can't see no one buying 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!