Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Why is there a pervading feeling that Dalmans bid is finished ?
    Because @nth london addick said so (or something like that)
  • Why is there a pervading feeling that Dalmans bid is finished ?
    Do you know something we don't then?
  • WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
    WIOTOS
  • The blind leading the blind...
  • RedJohn said:
    Heard Dalman has walked, Aussies favourites, 
    See 
  • Sponsored links:

• Never believed the Dalman bid would go anywhere, especially after his comments last week saying he was looking forward to the coming season with Warnock etc. 

To my mind there has only been 1 serious bid .....and they dont  currently have the money to fund us properly. 
    = a f****** mess.
  • My goldfish Gilbert who is in the know said it’s hap...... and then swam towards the wishing well then around the deep sea diver. Just remember you heard it here first. 
  • Billyboy said:
    Why say you know something but can't say, what's the point in saying anything at all then😠
    Can't say
  • I feel I need to be more help.
    So I'll go and catch a train to anywhere and see what I can find out.
  • Solidgone said:
    My goldfish Gilbert who is in the know said it’s hap...... and then swam towards the wishing well then around the deep sea diver. Just remember you heard it here first. 
    I was nearly reeled in by that one. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Wish Murray would get lost as well as Douche
    If more fans felt like that from 2004 onward, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess...
  • 1820, The launch of Charles Darwin's HMS Beagle from Woolwich Dockyard.
    1830 coming. That’ll be an interesting year. 
  • RedJohn said:
    The sad thing is I have long since believed this will happen and that the Aussies are imo fav to get this done first real tragedy but it is what it is 

I had hoped that Reams info was new and had some favour due to his links to Cardiff 

Let’s hope this is not the case and Dalman is in but I get the feeling that the Aussies have been aided into position by the aide of some one in the club 
    Tragedy? Do me a favour.  Everyone says they want players who really want to play for the club not those after the money.  Well here you have a group who are so keen to own us they have put up with that prick RD for 2 years when loads of other clubs are available.  The least we could do, if they do buy us, is give them a chance.
    If you have the choice of Dalman or Aussies it is a tragedy if you don’t get Dalman 

I don’t believe I have said that They won’t be given a chance 

but we as a club are hemorrhaging money we have little assets and the only people that seemingly want to get it done haven’t been able to get their shit together in two yrs 

they haven’t found a money tree and they are still actively seeking investment 

too me thats a tragedy but if you think it’s all jolly hockey sticks then bravo  
    Said i would give them a chance, not that it is jolly hockey sticks.

you say you will give them a chance but before they have even bought you are calling it a tragedy.

From what i have read Dalman doesn't have enough of his own cash so will have investors behind him whom we don't yet know.

RedJohn said:
    The sad thing is I have long since believed this will happen and that the Aussies are imo fav to get this done first real tragedy but it is what it is 

I had hoped that Reams info was new and had some favour due to his links to Cardiff 

Let’s hope this is not the case and Dalman is in but I get the feeling that the Aussies have been aided into position by the aide of some one in the club 
    Tragedy? Do me a favour.  Everyone says they want players who really want to play for the club not those after the money.  Well here you have a group who are so keen to own us they have put up with that prick RD for 2 years when loads of other clubs are available.  The least we could do, if they do buy us, is give them a chance.
    I'd love to own us and have great intentions to achieve success. I've been hanging around the club for 30 plus years. Doesn't mean I have the funds to keep us going even if I could find the dough to do the initial purchase.

I think that's the concern rather than necessarily the intentions of the consortium.

The Aussies sound like they're in bed with relatively unknown to them investors whom  they've likely sold a vision to or (god forbid) a return on (a return that is slim compared to far less accessible and convenient investments outside of the nutty world of football).

The Aussies are an unknown quantity to us but my concern is that whilst they may be The Good Guys their investors are relatively unknown quantities even to them.

Risks a Kevin Cash scenario if those added investors feel they were missold or misunderstood what they are buying into (and how unlikely a financial return is whilst having a diluted profile in the day to day running and ego trip of being seen to own a club and all its trappings) or just get bored and walk away in a manner that we wouldn't and couldn't.
    I don't disagree with much of what you say but as i say above, i don't think dalman is rich enough to go it alone so will have investors and we don't yet know who so not sure if there is much of a difference.

Muir is a successful businessman, i give him the benefit of the doubt at least that he would not hang around something for 2 years, spending a load on Due Diligence and being part of a group spending £30m on the club only to rock up on the second day and realise they did not have funds to cover at least a year or two’s losses.

if i had an uneducated guess i would rather Dalman given his UK football experience and positive Cardiff vibe but frankly I will take either over RD giving Bowyer no signings of the 5 he thought he would have done this week so far.

If you were an investor, you would be more tempted / confident to invest with Dalman, who has had success with Cardiff. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    1816, Sir Humprey Davy's safety lamp for miners is first tested at Hebburn colliery.
    Stop jumping the gun, we are still on page 1815.
    Never mind, Happy Valley.

I guess some posts on this thread got deleted by mods, sending the thread back to the previous page.

I was joking Oggy, and his very next post pushed it over a page which I lol'd
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to go slightly off subject but a quick question.... why do we call the prick Rowland?. The very best he deserves is Douchatelet. I call my friends by their first name and enemies by their last name. There got it of my chest :smile:
    I believe you are the first to call him Rowland 
    Well spotted!. I find it easier to spell his surname 😉
  • Sorry to go slightly off subject but a quick question.... why do we call the prick Rowland?. The very best he deserves is Douchatelet. I call my friends by their first name and enemies by their last name. There got it of my chest :smile:
    Yep your right,that 4 letter word beginning wit C & ending in unt is easier to spell...👍
  • Uboat said:
    Dalman hung around for ten minutes then fucked off and is a great guy. The Aussies have hung around for two years and are bad bad people. 
    Just checking I've got this right. 
    Dont let Mr Seed Junior hear you say that.
    Yep your right,that 4 letter word beginning wit C & ending in unt is easier to spell...👍
    👍
  • edited June 2019

Oh not again.  We've been through all this.  It was funny for ten minutes, 2 weeks ago.
  • Uboat said:
    Dalman hung around for ten minutes then fucked off and is a great guy. The Aussies have hung around for two years and are bad bad people. 
    Just checking I've got this right. 
    Has he gone then?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!